IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Away) Saturday April 1st

markjazzbassist

With Koeman switching to 5 at the back at 1 nil, I'm guessing it was for a bit of practise in preparation for the Liverpool game.

Robles

Coleman Jags Williams Mori Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Barkley

Lukaku Mirallas

Hoping Koeman learnt his lesson from The Spurs game and starts at least three attackers.

Don't think I can watch this one either.

No matter what form we are in or how well we are doing we ALWAYS fall to pieces against the shite.

Can see Jimmy Mac having a good game because he's wanting to prove his worth and has a good bite in him for games like this.

Probably going to get hammered then drop off a little bit for the rest of the season. This is where our run comes to an end and we settle for 7th.

It can't be Barry. We need to be all over these for the full 90 minutes.

Barry was perfect against West Brom as they sat deep and didn't really counter with pace but we saw him against Hull and everything slowed down for us when we lost Schneiderlin.

Hopefully Schneiderlin has suffered a knock and the international break will give him time to recover.

Agreed, we need legs to go toe-to-toe with them, Barry is a late introduction to pick up a yellow or better, it's time for the battle and we've the villains for the fight. Mirallas has to play as he loves these types of games, they bring his true snidery to the surface and thats just wonderful.

Snap them into the stands at every half chance, maximum malice.

Guest rusty747

We have 9 league games left, 3 of them are v teams currently above us and a 4th is v Man U. I think we can, and have to, win the 5 'other' games and take a minimum of 6 points from Liverpool (a), Man U (a), Chelsea (h) and Arsenal (a).

Arsenal away is the last game of the season and may well be Wenger's last game as manager for them.

I think we can take 4 points from the games v Liverpool and Man U, a point at home v Chelsea and the wildcard is the last game of the season v Arsenal.

That leaves us on 70-71 points which is 4th/5th territory, guarantees Europe, possibly Champions League and will hopefully persuade Rom to put pen to paper.

Edited by rusty747

Who is on international duty out of our squad that is likely to play and chance injury? I realise ROI would play McCarthy if he was on a drip in a hospital bed if they had the chance, but besides that who else is in the firing line?

Coleman. Barkley. Williams (do Wales have a game?). Davies is with the U19s.

Robles

Coleman Williams Jags Baines

Gana Schneiderlin Davies

DCL Lukaku Lookman

Go all out and try to out score the fuckers. They won't like that and will be shaken.

If we let them play, surly, we will get battered. Got a feeling RK will want to set up with 5 at the back though. As long as he doesn't play 12 defensive midfielders like he did against spurs id be content.

Robles

Coleman Williams Jags Baines

Gana Schneiderlin Davies

DCL Lukaku Lookman

Go all out and try to out score the fuckers. They won't like that and will be shaken.

If we let them play, surly, we will get battered. Got a feeling RK will want to set up with 5 at the back though. As long as he doesn't play 12 defensive midfielders like he did against spurs id be content.

No Ross?

No Ross?

Good point! Completely forgot how much depth we have in midfield. I suppose id have to drop DCL there and put Ross where he's been starting recently.

I think I prefer Mola out of him and DCL. If he gets a lot of space he would be dangerous running into it.

Then again Mirallas is showing to pick up in form too.

Who knows. Exciting times. But it's not like we will win it anyway haha

Edited by AidanLewis

Guest rusty747

And now Seamus is going to be out of action for a long time I fear.

So, for the derby,

Robles

Holgate. Jags. Williams

Davies Gueye Schneiderlin. Baines

Barkley. Rom. DCL/Mirallas

With Seamus' injury I dont think we will play with a back 5 now. I dont think Jags, Williams and Mori will work as a three and Holgate isnt a wing back either. If McCarthy is fit maybe he could play as the wingback and Holgate as RCB but I dont like the sound of it.

I suspect we will line up:

Joel

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Gueye Barry Davies

Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku