IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Away) Saturday April 1st

markjazzbassist

I don't know man... I feel like the ref has blown twice against EFC in a row now for 'faults' that I felt were unintentional... Barkley was just focusing on his own dribbling there and Holgate was just rugbytakled down, what did he even do wrong... Trying not to be biased here;.. but come on...

Barkley's challenge was a disgrace.

Barkley's challenge was a disgrace.

Yeah but look at the replay carefully... Look at his dribbling pattern leading up to the contact: the way his right foot moves seems entirely in line with [edit: in line with the dribbling moves] and also look at where his eyes are... Sure his foot lands on his ankle, which is why I'm sceptical, but if you look at it in a 'sterile' way, it looks like it's probably entirely unintentional.

Edited by Mirallas

I don't think he was acting; was a really bad challenge.. if you add this foul to the one he made earlier on Can, Ross is very very lucky to still be on the pitch.

He through himself back to rock like a baby. Shameless exaggeration, as was Mane with his rolls.

Not a good team performance this. I feel those players who have been key in recent months are not doing 'there thing' today.

Koeman should change it at half time. And yes, I'd take Pennington off. I don't blame him out and out for our goals, both Mane and Coutinho came through more than only Pennington to score but I can see it has absolutely shattered his confidence. Was always a big ask (risk?).

Go flat back 4. Bring on maybe Barry. Also look at Calvert-Lewin role. Possibly get an out and out winger in...Kev or Lookman. More likely Kev for his experience.

Liverpool aren't amazing. We just aren't at the races. Out thought at the back, out fought going forward.

This lineup isn't working. Pennington is trying but like I said before the game, this isn't the match for him. Our back 5 works normally as we have the pace of Holgate (and then Coleman) but with Pennington it's another snail and we are too deep and afraid of their pace. Their pace isn't even that quick but you can just see from Can making at least 2 yards on Jags that it's enough.

The midfield have done well considering as they are overrun. You can argue that Gueye could have done more for the 2nd goal but they have so much space and so many options that it just catches him out of position and then he is behind the play and trying to make up for it.

Up front we haven't got going, mainly because we are going for this long ball bullshit. They are feeding off scraps and when they do get a chance they are fucking it up.

We can't just rely on set pieces to get ourselves back into this so Koeman needs to make a change. We have 2 players on yellows too and I can't see them going through the rest of the game unscathed.

Shut up Hafnia

No I fucking won't. We lost a player to a leg breaker- Barkley's tackle was very poor. Knew what he was doing.

We'd be bleating like fuck if one of theirs did that. I'm all for tough tackling etc - that was wreck less.

Edited by Hafnia

Not a good team performance this. I feel those players who have been key in recent months are not doing 'there thing' today.

Koeman should change it at half time. And yes, I'd take Pennington off. I don't blame him out and out for our goals, both Mane and Coutinho came through more than only Pennington to score but I can see it has absolutely shattered his confidence. Was always a big ask (risk?).

Go flat back 4. Bring on maybe Barry. Also look at Calvert-Lewin role. Possibly get an out and out winger in...Kev or Lookman. More likely Kev for his experience.

Liverpool aren't amazing. We just aren't at the races. Out thought at the back, out fought going forward.

I'd beg to differ on the first statement, it looks like EFC is trying to increase the tempo, while LFC is trying to decrease it and grab control. EFC plays nice aggressive, but fair, football and it makes me have a positive feeling about the 2nd half. Even at the cost of passing accuracy, the blues are still shaking LFC up on that pitch. We could bring this back, I'm sure of it. LFC doesn't play charismatically, I hope EFC come back in 15 minutes with a big bag of confidence and focus on Mignolet's goal.

Yeah but look at the replay carefully... Look at his dribbling pattern leading up to the contact: the way his right foot moves seems entirely in line with it and also look at where his eyes are... Sure his foot lands on his ankle, which is why I'm sceptical, but if you look at it in a 'sterile' way, it looks like it's probably entirely unintentional.

It wasn't pretty but he hasn't gone with force and that is why he is on the pitch. It's the type of tackle you see a lot week in week out. If Ross goes in with full force then yes he should be off, but he is almost pulling out of it. It's a bruiser, maybe minor ligament damage at worse but it's not an ankle breaker.

I'd beg to differ on the first statement, it looks like EFC is trying to increase the tempo, while LFC is trying to decrease it and grab control. EFC plays nice aggressive, but fair, football and it makes me have a positive feeling about the 2nd half. Even at the cost of passing accuracy, the blues are still shaking LFC up on that pitch. We could bring this back, I'm sure of it. LFC doesn't play charismatically, I hope EFC come back in 15 minutes with a big bag of confidence and focus on Mignolet's goal.

I agree just need to get back in it. It's there for the taking.

It wasn't pretty but he hasn't gone with force and that is why he is on the pitch. It's the type of tackle you see a lot week in week out. If Ross goes in with full force then yes he should be off, but he is almost pulling out of it. It's a bruiser, maybe minor ligament damage at worse but it's not an ankle breaker.

This. It's a a contact sport collisions happen. He's running full pace, where is he meant to go? A clash was editable, and a yellow fair. Red if he never pulled out.