IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Actual news headlines from Liverpool's transfer season so far...

Jan 23: "Steven Gerrard: Liverpool should sign Virgil van Dijk"

Apr 26: "Liverpool expected to break transfer record for Virgil van Dijk"

Apr 30: "Why Virgil van Dijk could make or break Liverpool's summer"

May 4: "Virgil van Dijk to choose Anfield move"

May 9: "Virgil van Dijk not Michael Keane tops Liverpool's wish list"

May 29: "Liverpool favourites for Virgil van Dijk"

May 30: "Liverpool's transfer priority should be Virgil van Dijk, say supporters"

Jun 5: "Transfer rumours: Virgil van Dijk wants Liverpool move"

Jun 6: "Virgil van Dijk: Southampton to report Liverpool over approach"

Jun 7: "Liverpool have ended their interest in Virgil van Dijk"

Jun 8: "Liverpool owners ordered dramatic apology to Southampton over Virgil van Dijk transfer"

Jun 10: "Details of Liverpool's 'tapping up' of Virgil van Dijk have emerged"

Jun 12: "Virgil van Dijk: Liverpool's apology and the question of competence in the transfer market"

Jun 14: "Virgil van Dijk pursuit is not over yet, says former Reds captain"

Jun 15: "Liverpool should get transfer ban but Virgil van Dijk still favourite to end up at Anfield"

Jun 22: "Virgil van Dijk can force Liverpool move by going on strike"

Jun 23: "Chelsea have jumped ahead of Liverpool in the race to sign Virgil van Dijk"

Jun 25: "Liverpool are still in the hunt for Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk"

Jun 27: "Liverpool escape Virgil van Dijk punishment"

Jun 28: "Liverpool legend Steve Nicol backs Red to sign Virgil van Dijk"

Jun 30: "Liverpool have only a glimmer of hope in their pursuit of Virgil van Dijk"

Jul 2: "Liverpool legend Sami Hyypia questions Virgil van Dijk pursuit"

Actual results from Everton's transfer season so far...

Jun 15: Jordan Pickford

Jun 15: Davy Klaassen

Jun 30: Henry Onyekuru

Jul 3: Sandro Ramirez

Jul 3: Michael Keane

And finally...

Jul 2: "Everton's transfer business has made rest of League look 'a bit stupid'", says Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler.

:jump for joy: :guns::celebrate::lol::rofl:

I know a lot of people doubted moshiri but I don't think that applies anymore. Regardless of what happens to rom or Ross. As expected they go we are a totally different entity now. We are smashing it and everyone is taking notice. Nobody is doing what we are. Fucking love it. Rooney next,gilfi and giroud/dembele after that and we are seriously in business

potential senior squad, wanted to post this to see what positions we still need filled (433 so mids/forwards are just lumped together):

GK: Pickford, Robles, Stekelenberg

RB: Coleman, Kenny

LB: Baines,

CB: Keane, Williams, Mori, Jags, Holgate, Galloway, Pennington

CM: Schniederlin, Gana, Klaassen, Barry, McCarthy, Davies, Besic, Dowell

RF: Barkley, Bolasie, Lennon

LF: Mirallas, Lookman

CF: Sandro, Calvert-Lewin, Tarashaj

Figure Lukaku is out, Barkley stays.

I think we need another CF as a backup (make DCL 3rd choice) and another forward to play on the right or left (both preferably) to provide cover. Centre Mid and centre back look well stocked.

net spend

23.6m klaassen

25m pickford

-10.5 gerry

7m onyekuru

5m sandro

-8m cleverley

25m keane

67.1m so far we have spent.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Wow, they are also naming players (keita, van dijk) they haven't even signed and acting like they are on their side ?? lovren and Matip better than keane? Ffs jags is better than those 2. Pickford not better than mignolet? Wow just wow. Delirious.

We need further cover at fullback and I don't think we could ever stock up on enough quality forwards, especially if Lukaku is leaving. I still think this squad lacks a true playmaker/proper 10.

Agreed. Seems strange, given we've brought in 5 players (4 excluding lad loaned out), but I'd still like 4 more (I'm also assuming Lukaku and Barkley are gone). Think we need a high end no. 10, quality young LB to take over from Baines, another ST/Winger (preferably can play both), and a quality young (22 or less) CDM who can back up/fill in (and ultimately challenge) for Morgan.

Best Transfer Window Ever... and the players only went back for pre-season yesterday! Whoever is behind it, Koeman, Walsh, Moshiri, a combination of all three - thank you! I can't wait for the season to start, and England haven't even played a Test match yet!

Oh and on what the RS think - my dad and brother are both reds, believe me they are worried.

Best Transfer Window Ever... and the players only went back for pre-season yesterday! Whoever is behind it, Koeman, Walsh, Moshiri, a combination of all three - thank you! I can't wait for the season to start, and England haven't even played a Test match yet!

Oh and on what the RS think - my dad and brother are both reds, believe me they are worried.

Don't forget Bill Kenwright. The players that have come in have mentioned BK. He may be blinded by love for the club with some of his past decisions, but no one can sell the passion, fan base, history and future of this club better than BK. I don't think Moshiri has had much to do with the actual player talks.

Don't forget Bill Kenwright. The players that have come in have mentioned BK. He may be blinded by love for the club with some of his past decisions, but no one can sell the passion, fan base, history and future of this club better than BK. I don't think Moshiri has had much to do with the actual player talks.

I have to say, this is becoming more and more common. So massive credit to him. Finally, he can leave the club's dealings alone and just be a a brand ambassador instead. He excels at that. Leave the grown up stuff to Moshiri and team.

I have to say, this is becoming more and more common. So massive credit to him. Finally, he can leave the club's dealings alone and just be a a brand ambassador instead. He excels at that. Leave the grown up stuff to Moshiri and team.

agree with both points. after the transfers over the last year i think moshiri found the issues we've had in the past and got them corrected. Bill can now just talk about how great a club we are meanwhile one of his men is taking care of the contracts/negotiations so they go fast and smooth. Very impressed that the issue were corrected that fast. Says a lot about Farhad's business dealings and leadership.

Strategy, strategy, and strategy. When that's in place, everyone knows what we want and what we don't want. It's a strong filter when people come to get their work done. It also means you can just go out there and get the job done, and that's what we're seeing. I would emphasize the point about helping us to know what we won't do. As I look at some of the top 6 clubs right now, I question whether they have a real strategy in place. They seem to be cherry-picking some of the top names in Europe for outrageous prices, but I don't see the rhyme or reason to it.