Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Split left loads of space in midfield and then their heads went after the penalty miss, even then we still struggled to get a few shots away. I doubt anyone in the Prem will give us the room Split did.

I don't think we were looking to get on the front foot - it was controlled possession to get the job done.

I'm not impressed with Koemans after match statement, "we need a striker" that's been known since Lukaku left, Sandro was always an unknown prospect. He's now pretty much announced we're desperate, we're going to held to ransom over it.

We should have bought an experienced CF early in the window with a view to offloading if Sandro and DCL are able to step up( which I think DCL will do, and much sooner than Sandro if he does at all on what we've seen so far)

Dzeko or Giroud who may have second thoughts after Arsenals showing yesterday!

I don't think we've missed Barkley tbh it would have been nice to have him come on and try to shake things up but for me we lack pace big time

We don't have that turn of pace to turn a game on its head ala the shite who have it in abundance

We could use a player with pace and playmaking ability. But, that won't matter much if Koeman keeps up with these negative tactics. If all we're doing is trying to contain our opponents, we aren't going to be a well-oiled attacking machine. There's plenty of quality in the squad, and they're being utilized in ways that negate their abilities at the moment.

We could use a player with pace and playmaking ability. But, that won't matter much if Koeman keeps up with these negative tactics. If all we're doing is trying to contain our opponents, we aren't going to be a well-oiled attacking machine. There's plenty of quality in the squad, and they're being utilized in ways that negate their abilities at the moment.

Completely agree. You need to have the ball for these type of players to flourish. If they are being asked to track back into their own half every 30 seconds they don't have the legs to get back up the pitch.

If we want a left footed player who can play in defence and midfield then surely Grzegorz Krychowiak would be perfect?! Off to West Brom on-loan.

I like that player a lot, but I think we have enough central midfielders with a defensive mindset. Think we want a pure defender.

Why sell him to United then- we never had to. Don't believe that for a single second. More like we wanted Rooney more so chose that path.

i think that's it. Koeman said he wanted Rooney, and Bill and Farhad probably saw the positive of marketing, tv time, blue coming home, etc. and it was a win win.

Well. Thursday is going to be manic if all is to be believed.

Leaving...Will Robles get a move? Is anyone going to take Niasse off our hands? McCarthy has been rumoured several times, is his time up? And, of course, Barkley...that one surely has to get wrapped up?

Coming in...who will be our new left footed centre back? And our superstar attack leading all important striker?!

Tune in tomorrow for more Everton madness!

(And if that fails, head over to ArsenalFan TV...guaranteed a giggle at that place tomorrow night!!!)

It seems mad because we have done quite a lot of business this window, but I feel we are desperate for a couple of new fresh faces. We need an injection of pace and energy.

I hope we pull something out of nowhere as I'm not really convinced that the majority of players linked are anything better than we have.

....because Sanchez will have much better offers from 'bigger clubs.

This.

Separate note.

Pretty sure we (as fans) won't be the only ones fuming over the incompetence seen to bring in a striker we knew we needed 6 months ago. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

Apparently Bill leaked the Costa story, probably to save face and show "we were "trying" to sign a good player but you'll have to make do with this massively over paid dross that was the only thing available at the time" signing.

Moutinho MK2

It seems mad because we have done quite a lot of business this window, but I feel we are desperate for a couple of new fresh faces. We need an injection of pace and energy.

I hope we pull something out of nowhere as I'm not really convinced that the majority of players linked are anything better than we have.

Exactly and we'll be paying massively over the odds for them. It's not a bottomless pit, it's substantial amounts of money.

I've got a feeling that there might be a good amount of activity in football generally tomorrow.

I think quite a few clubs are still looking for players and may have held off to deliberately force the hand of the selling club via the player...as no one seems to need the money anymore!!! But no one wants unhappy players.

It's a weird one.

I've got a feeling that there might be a good amount of activity in football generally tomorrow.

I think quite a few clubs are still looking for players and may have held off to deliberately force the hand of the selling club via the player...as no one seems to need the money anymore!!! But no one wants unhappy players.

It's a weird one.

I've been thinking (which is always a worrying sign): What about Sanchez from Arsenal in return for Barkley and cash?

Steve- I really don't mean to sound rude here so I apologise in advance if Zi do- but what planet are you on thinking- even for a single second that Sanchez would consider us?

It would go a bit like this-

Mwenger- Alexis, we have accepted an offer of Ross Barkley plus 50 million for you

Sanchez- Ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaaaahahahahahaha aaaaahhhhhhhaaaahahahaaaha woooo hoooooohhoooooo haaaahajahahaha.

Wenger- So is that a yes then

Sanchez (still laughing his little Chillian cock off see you at City.

Toffeetalk in June - this is the best window ever! Look at the players we've signed and money spent!

Toffetalk in September - this is shit, we can't even get a striker in and will probably end up with a shitty loan deal.

Makes me laugh :lol:

Not worried about today. Looks to be a total non Day for everyone else as well. With all the money teams just trying to hold onto their players.

Vlasic and batshuayi would be a great day for me.

Add in a left back / central defender and I will be ecstatic with this window.

I'm not really sure what to make of the striker situation. We haven't really been strongly linked with anyone, and those that we were linked with have either gone elsewhere or are staying put. Fingers crossed something totally unexpected gets pulled out of the bag today but I think this is more likely going to be an Enner Valencia day.

I think we will see two leave one come in

Niasse & Robles - Vlasic

We've left it to late by the looks of things to bring in a front man and cover for LB/CB.... Good window could be undone at the death

Steve- I really don't mean to sound rude here so I apologise in advance if Zi do- but what planet are you on thinking- even for a single second that Sanchez would consider us?

It would go a bit like this-

Mwenger- Alexis, we have accepted an offer of Ross Barkley plus 50 million for you

Sanchez- Ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaaaahahahahahaha aaaaahhhhhhhaaaahahahaaaha woooo hoooooohhoooooo haaaahajahahaha.

Wenger- So is that a yes then

Sanchez (still laughing his little Chillian cock off see you at City.

I did admit that it's a worrying sign when I think. :) More realistically, I've been hoping for Dzeko. As for Barkley, it's just a strange situation all round.