2017 Summer Transfer Window

GK - horn, butland, or ruffier

RB - trippier

Lb - Robertson

Cb- keane, Gibson, or van dijk

ACM/W\forward - sigurdsson and Redmond

Striker - batshuayi

Get rid - mcgeady, niasse, Robles, jags, McCarthy, Lennon, kone

Sell Robles because he's still young and will fetch some money. Keep stek as backup because he's fine there and cheap.

Guest rusty747

Agree with most of the above. I think Jags could provide cover for one more season and then join the backroom staff. I also have a feeling that McCarthy's injury problems might get sorted and that he and Ronald might yet kiss and make up. On his day, McCarthy is a very valuable player for us but, as we all know, he is not available often enough.

I would also look at Ashley Williams. He has been nothing more than ok since he joined and we need a Ratcliffe/Mountfield pairing again at cb with a top quality 'keeper behind them. The team need to know they can afford to have an occasional off day and rely on the defence to grind out an ugly draw or win. We just don't have anything close to that at the moment.

Butland behind Keane and Van Dijk would be my ideal with Williams, Jags and the youngsters as squad players. Those three players alone would be about £70mill I would guess so I hope Moshiri is ready to splash the cash.

To attract those players, Europa League as a minimum is necessary so we really need to try and reel in Man U and Arsenal if we can.

£70m? And the rest

Butland £25-30m

Keane £25m

Van Dijk £50m

That's £100m there quite easily alone

Add in a couple of forward players, backup right back etc - £150m without breaking a sweat

We are never going to spend that

If you read what I said there is an OR for CB meaning I want one of the 3. The only AND is Redmond and sigurddson. The list I gave could be had for the rom money plus the 25m kitty. Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

I have a feeling Rom will stay and that we will spend 100 million if we have to, to get the 2 cbs and 'keeper. Moshiri means business and I think he is showing signs of getting ready to put his money where his mouth is on the pitch. He has already done it behind the scenes - clearing our debts, on the cusp of a new stadium etc. I think next season is when he opens his wallet on players - big time.

Edited by rusty747

anyone interested in luke shaw? mou has it out for him has bashed him again this weekend. could be on the cheap, but just had a double leg break. anyone still rate him?

I actually thought about that about earlier when reading Mou's comments -- he could be an interesting pickup.

I wonder about his work-rate though. We all know Koeman likes his players to get up and down the field and work hard, and Mou was basically saying he doesn't work hard enough. Maybe a change of scenery would do him some good though.

I actually thought about that about earlier when reading Mou's comments -- he could be an interesting pickup.

I wonder about his work-rate though. We all know Koeman likes his players to get up and down the field and work hard, and Mou was basically saying he doesn't work hard enough. Maybe a change of scenery would do him some good though.

said bad things about schneiderlin and schweinstieger too. i remember a good shaw at soton but he's had so many injuries since then, unless it was on the cheap i'm not sure.

What I'd like to see that I deem within reason, start using Holgate centrally and let go of some of the remaining deadwood. I'd like to think Geri still has a future here unlikely I know but when you list the qualities most would like in a winger he has most of it

Gk - Pickford

LB - Shaw

CB - Keane

RB - Trippier

AM - Sigurdsson

If Lukaku goes I'd like Belotti but I think Chelsea will come knocking for the lad

-----------------Pickford

Trippier---Keane-----Williams---Shaw

----Gana----Schneiderlin----Davis

--------Sigurdsson-----Barkley

------------------Lukaku

Edited by EFC-Paul

I think Ryan Bertrand could be a decent shout for left back - been really impressed with him at Southampton.

Robertson's the one I want for LB.

Whoever we go for left-back needs to be one of our priorities.

would be happy with either but robertson is my first choice as well. thing about RB and Trippier, Seamus could have a setback or something go wrong and not be able to come back full level, so we do need a quality replacement in that case. Trippier would be that. I don't want some bench warmer lower table re-tread.

Bertrands a good shout, I've not seen much if anything of Robertson tbh I take it he's decent?

yeah, we were linked with him when he was at dundee united, i think roberto even went up there a couple times to watch him play. was great for them won scotland young player of the year. sold to hull for 2.85m pounds (pittance). word is burnley had a 10m offer accepted but marco silva turned it down. for that kinda money he would be a no briainer.

great in attack ala baines, but potential to be a better defender and overall player.

Robertson averages 2.2 successful tackles and 1.4 interceptions per 90 minutes in the league, with Ryan Bertrand (0.4) the only left-back (10+ appearances) to be dribbled past fewer times on average (0.6).

Edited by markjazzbassist

Cheers Mark it's jogged my memory a bit that, I'm sure we were linked with another lad from them at the same or similar time the "Scotish Messi" or some bollocks along those lines

great memory paul, yep Ryan Gauld. of the 2 he's a flop, went to sporting CP in portugal and just go loaned to a lower league side in portugal. Robertson the real talent.

Need a completely​ new back four and a lot younger than what we have now.

Trippier .. Holgate .. Keane .. Robertson. Keep Williams, Funes Mori and Baines as back up, move out Jags and Barry. The age of the squad is hindering our efforts to move to the next level.

We need to spend at least £150m for new faces, Lukaku should provide us with half of that and other players like McCarthy, Cleverly and Niasse should provide some more.

I would want to see at least five new players this summer maybe six.

Agree on cost effectiveness. Don't watch nearly enough football outside PL so I can only speak to those players.

These have stuck out to me this season:

Nathan Ake

Michy Batshuayi

Joel Campbell (international duty)

Manolo Gabbiadini

Jordan Pickford

Winston Reid

Virgil van Dijk

James Ward-Prowse

Why Batshuyi NY, he's not played much - genuine questionnot meant as a dig..

Definitely stuck behind Costa but seen him play 3-4 times as a sub and he looks good enough. Impressed by combo of speed and strength. Of all the people I mentioned he's least likely to join I would think - just signed for Chelsea. If we somehow got him on loan that would be incredible. Will need three strikers in the squad if we finish 7th this year.

Why Batshuyi NY, he's not played much - genuine questionnot meant as a dig..

he scores goals when given the chance. 17 apps, but only 109 minutes. that's 6.5 min on average he plays. that's stoppage time very app basically! he's got a goal and assist in the league in spite of that. in the cups he's played a total of 404 minutes and has 4 goals 2 assists. that's a goal scored/assisted every 67 minutes.

when given the chance to play he does well. i like him as well i think he's a great replacement for lukaku and if we can sell lukaku to chelsea maybe we can get him on a fair deal.

Edited by markjazzbassist