IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

I think an important point to remember is that we tried to spend more on additional targets but ultimately failed (if we would've gotten Sissoko net spend would've been 45m). We may have only spent 15m, but we actually tried to spend more. I don't think the jump is that much of a stretch. It's really up in the air how much we spend atm. It will depend on Europe and who goes out the door, as well as the attracting the targets we want and how much they cost.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I think an important point to remember is that we tried to spend more on additional targets but ultimately failed (if we would've gotten Sissoko net spend would've been 45m). We may have only spent 15m, but we actually tried to spend more. I don't think the jump is that much of a stretch. It's really up in the air how much we spend atm. It will depend on Europe and who goes out the door, as well as the attracting the targets we want and how much they cost.

very good point

Agree with Steve and Mark too on felli. I always liked him and thought he wasn't underrated but it was a cracking move in hindsight

thats the point though every window we try adn spend double and don't. if we had bought fernando and riquelme and rooney back and etc. but we didn't and we didn't spend big when those fell through either.

go with your line of thinking, we had 30m left to spend, but then why didn't we spend 60m that winter? because we never meant to. as i showed the money is steady and it slowly increases as do wages with the TV money. due to FFP we can't just go from 15m a window to 70m a window, those days are past.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Regarding FFP, certain incomes can be used, but I believe you're right that TV has to be limited (hence me quoting 33%). However, £50 from USM Finch Farm, sleeve and potential new shirt sponsorships can go directly toward player sales I think.

Really can't remember the rules and haven't got time at the mo. If someone could correct me, or back me up (preferably :lol:) I'd be grateful

Edited by Matt

thats the point though every window we try adn spend double and don't. if we had bought fernando and riquelme and rooney back and etc. but we didn't and we didn't spend big when those fell through either.

go with your line of thinking, we had 30m left to spend, but then why didn't we spend 60m that winter? because we never meant to. as i showed the money is steady and it slowly increases as do wages with the TV money. due to FFP we can't just go from 15m a window to 70m a window, those days are past.

Just because we don't spend it doesn't mean it isn't in the budget.

indeed, and more or less the basis of my concern

but if that was the case the kitty would be at 150m from all the "leftovers" from before. but it's not. look im not trying to be debbie downer just beign realistic. i think we have a good squad and if we keep lukaku just a few signings of quality should do being RB, GK, and another forward/w/acm to rotate with ross mirallas bolasie lookman.

but if that was the case the kitty would be at 150m from all the "leftovers" from before. but it's not. look im not trying to be debbie downer just beign realistic. i think we have a good squad and if we keep lukaku just a few signings of quality should do being RB, GK, and another forward/w/acm to rotate with ross mirallas bolasie lookman.

up until Morishi took over, there was mob leftover, just adding to debt/breaking even. So we're talking 2 windows and as Tonka eluded to, we tried to spend but missed out on the main targets.

I agree with the areas to improve on, but I expect 3-4 signings costing at least £70m total before sales.

i would agree if it doesn't happen every window where we are linked to big name player at big name money and it never goes through. i actually believe the conspiracy people who say the club does this to try and get the fans revved up.

Don't forget this will only be the 2nd summer window with Moshiri and it was clear that the problem in the last summer window was being unable to attract the calibre of player required. This summer with be one of big spending regardless of the futures of Lukaku and Barkley.

Our squad is wafer thin with a European campaign beckoning as Koeman has shipped out some poor players already. I expect some slots will be filled by our very impressive academy but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we sign 10 players (1st team/squad) and spend upwards of £100m this summer. It will be a very exciting summer regardless.

I'm not really looking to much into it or anything Elstone says the man's a cockhead

The big departure will be Lukaku I don't think Ross will go plus the fringe players and the likes of McGeady etc will go on permanent deals for nominal fee's so I'd expect us to have a decent war chest tbh

Koeman and Walsh will likely already know who they want and I'm looking forward to how it all pans out over the summer

Don't forget this will only be the 2nd summer window with Moshiri and it was clear that the problem in the last summer window was being unable to attract the calibre of player required. This summer with be one of big spending regardless of the futures of Lukaku and Barkley.

Our squad is wafer thin with a European campaign beckoning as Koeman has shipped out some poor players already. I expect some slots will be filled by our very impressive academy but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we sign 10 players (1st team/squad) and spend upwards of £100m this summer. It will be a very exciting summer regardless.

koeman already said he doesn't need a big squad for europa in the presser. he said most prefer 24-26, he has 17 now, he doesn't need more, he prefers to work with a smaller squad and have the likes of kenny play with the u23 and then be on the bench.

i'd say 5 or less including youngsters.

here's the quick and easy

WITHOUT SELLING LUKAKU

matt thinks we add 5 players for 70m this summer

c1982 thinks we add 10 players for 100m this summer

mjb thinks we add 5 players for 30m this summer

Yeah, basically you all think we should add players in the £5 - £15 million price range. In other words, below par fillers.

No thanks.

I prefer Koemans idea of filling the blanks with youth.

Then you use your budget on more meaningful signings. Quality over quantity.

(Unless you unearth a bunch of top quality bargains!)

Yeah, basically you all think we should add players in the £5 - £15 million price range. In other words, below par fillers.

No thanks.

I prefer Koemans idea of filling the blanks with youth.

Then you use your budget on more meaningful signings. Quality over quantity.

(Unless you unearth a bunch of top quality bargains!)

not at all. glyfi 10m, trippier 10m, pickford 15m, 2 youngsters at 2.5m a piece. so my valuation is a little off, maybe we spend closer to matts 50m. this is 40m

Couple Matt and Newty's recent posts and that's pretty much my aspersions for the summer

West Ham being a recent and prime example of making progress then lumping money on to many players, City did it at the beginning of their rise and it didn't work either

Clear the deadwood and add five or six very good players and a handful of quality squad players/potential unearthed gems

If/when Lukaku goes with the possibility of a decent transfer kitty I'd go for the following:

Moussa Dembele

Batshuayi

Sigurdsson

Keane

Pickford

Hugo Mallo/Joao Cancelo

If Rom stays we need to get a RB CB AM let Valencia go and let the youngsters step in when options are needed.

Last summer the problem was convincing players to come here not funds, now players and agents can see we are a club going places so we should have more of a greater chance to attract quality, let's not fill the team with 5-6 mediocre players at 10-12m each, let's spend 60-80m on 2-3 quality players.

In all honesty, my ideal scenario is that we spend 'big' on 2 or 3. 'Big' being relative to us of course! This means, hopefully, getting players of the calibre of Schneiderlin. Players that come in and make an impact on the first 11. This will be Koemans main input.

Then we maybe 'unearth' one or two relatively unknowns that turn out to be bargains. Like your Gana's, Mahrez, Vardy etc. Forget the players name for a moment, its about the price paid against the abdolute impact such players have had. This is Walsh's main input.

Then we give about 5 U23's a chance to play in the first team to fill in the blanks of a complete squad. Watching them last night, there are some tidy players there that need testing at a higher level. We are likely to have an early start to the season, so why not?