IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

And... Spurs are 6th United are 2nd

What were United and Chelsea last season Leicester West ham, you can't use that as a direct reason for a clubs position that generally sits outside the top four

There will be exceptions Paul- like when we finished 4th under Moyes but we can't be the exception all the time.

On the whole you mostly finish where your wage budget and spending is.

I really don't get the "where we should be" bollocks

Why should we be 7th? That's the whole point of having a league with transfer windows varying managerial changes etc daft logic imo

It's where we as fans think we should be finishing with the squad we have.

There also nothing wrong with people thinking Koeman has o it done a decent job so far, and then saying we need strengthening....isn't that just normal?

If they were saying he has performed wonders and then saying the squad is fine after finishing seventh.... then we become a Southampton.

It's where we as fans think we should be finishing with the squad we have.

There also nothing wrong with people thinking Koeman has o it done a decent job so far, and then saying we need strengthening....isn't that just normal?

If they were saying he has performed wonders and then saying the squad is fine after finishing seventh.... then we become a Southampton.

I get that personally I think we should be above United, disjointed with mediocrity running through it but it doesn't work like that

He's improved us to down play it with its where we should be is a bit unappreciative of what the man's had to work with etc

Slightly miss the point.

It's the insinuation that he should have done more while also saying that the squad needs a lot more in order to achieve more. Seems a bit contradicting to me.

(Although I might be misreading what your saying...I'm reading 'has o it' as 'has done a good job'...or is it meant to be 'hasn't done a good job'?)

The squad needs improving but to add 9 or 10 like people are suggesting is ludicrous.

If we change the squad around that much we will effect its harmony. The players that we currently have play half decent together and understand one another's game.

Only 4 teams managed to keep more clean sheets than us this season. To bring in a whole new back line would be utter stupidity.

We need several players. But not 9 first teamers.

Slightly miss the point.

It's the insinuation that he should have done more while also saying that the squad needs a lot more in order to achieve more. Seems a bit contradicting to me.

(Although I might be misreading what your saying...I'm reading 'has o it' as 'has done a good job'...or is it meant to be 'hasn't done a good job'?)

Haha ye my spell checking.

Has done a good job.

I don't think most are insinuating he should have done better, just that he has done what we all expected him to do.

It's also not ... in my opinion.... contradicting at all.

I can tell an employee they have done a great job this year, but here are a few places where I think you need to work on.

Don't forget that Koeman is manager and that I still believe he has a say in who we sign... Like he said so himself.

The squad needs improving but to add 9 or 10 like people are suggesting is ludicrous.

If we change the squad around that much we will effect its harmony. The players that we currently have play half decent together and understand one another's game.

Only 4 teams managed to keep more clean sheets than us this season. To bring in a whole new back line would be utter stupidity.

completely agree.

Edited by markjazzbassist

You make a post like that but still don't think Koeman has brought about progress by getting us to where we are now. Hmmm!

That because the teams below us have very little top 6 quality players. We are where we should be. If you look around the league (below us) how many players would improve our first 11? 1? Maybe 2?

Even if you look above us how many have substantially better starting 11's.

Arsenal - Cech, maybe Koscielny, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey?

Utd - De Gea, Bailly, maybe Valencia, Herera, Mkhitarian, Ibra, Rashford, Martial.

Liverpool - Henderson, Coutinho, Firminho, Matip, Mane

There are probably a couple I have missed but compared to Chelsea, Spurs and City the rest of the teams aren't good enough, it's just that those above us have a few more options in the squad.

If we want to progress next season we have to look at getting that depth and quality into the squad. We don't have it but those below us have even less.

Haha ye my spell checking.

Has done a good job.

I don't think most are insinuating he should have done better, just that he has done what we all expected him to do.

It's also not ... in my opinion.... contradicting at all.

I can tell an employee they have done a great job this year, but here are a few places where I think you need to work on.

Don't forget that Koeman is manager and that I still believe he has a say in who we sign... Like he said so himself.

Exactly this.

They are the number of players we need to move up the ladder though. We will need half a dozen this summer purely for Europe if nothing else as don't forget we got rid a lot of our fringe players in January.

I'm fine with sticking with our current GKs.... RB is more a concern since there's no guarantee that Coleman will ever be the same player again.... if he can (and I hope he can) fantastic, but we still need someone in next season anyway.

Starting RB (Coleman replacement)

Starting CB (Jags replacement)

Starting Forward (Barkley replacement)

Striker (Lukaku comp) or X2 Strikers (Lukaku replacements)

If we can get Pickford or Butland for cheap (yeah right) and it doesn't compromise the above than go for it... but I'll rather focus on the above 4-5 signings before a GK.

Mr. glass half full is completely glass half empty right now. It's the same old Everton. We cannot even sign a free agent backup RB, that seemingly no one else wants, in a timely fashion. WTF. This is shaping up to be a brutal summer.

So we're definitely interested and offered Martina a contract then? Where did you get this official information?

People need to relax - I would prefer our business to be done discreetly and only announced when official. We could be close to signing X amount of players - transfers are complex. 100% work is being done on transfers - fact is that all we can go off is paper talk and social media. I get sucked in by rumours every summer - we'll get linked to 100-200 players and maybe sign 6-10 meaning we'll 'miss out' on a fair few 'targets'.

So we're definitely interested and offered Martina a contract then? Where did you get this official information?

People need to relax - I would prefer our business to be done discreetly and only announced when official. We could be close to signing X amount of players - transfers are complex. 100% work is being done on transfers - fact is that all we can go off is paper talk and social media. I get sucked in by rumours every summer - we'll get linked to 100-200 players and maybe sign 6-10 meaning we'll 'miss out' on a fair few 'targets'.

:worship[1]:

....I think you've selectively missed a few players out here!!!

I wasn't completely fair Newty your right mate, Gana has been a revelation.

That's it though, Bolasi hasn't played anywhere near enough games to be judged on and Williams has been a solid defender, but not of the standard we need.

So to recap, we've brought in the best ball winner in the league (but let's not get ahead of himself he's still got a lot of his game to work on), a good centre half who is 32, a player who unfortunately got injured, and let's face it not many people plaudits the price tag on him, and a championship team's back up keeper. Oh and the West Ham headless chicken.

After last summer I find it difficult to look upwards. It'll be the same shit as last season, waiting for stones to leave before dealings take place, but this year it'll be Rom.

Schneiderlin?

Yep. And Lookman.

Considering our transfers were pretty low key, it wasn't a bad effort! Not great, but certainly not bad.

Plus the deadwood...got to mention the deadwood! Although one or two of last year's have now turned into deadwood. Damn!!!