IGNORED

Leicester City (Home) Sunday April 9th

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

It's OK, Rusty can fetch it back for him.

I'd love to oblige but I am still on holiday in Penang at the moment. I do have a US trip at the end of April though if there is anything else needs fetching.

I'd love to oblige but I am still on holiday in Penang at the moment. I do have a US trip at the end of April though if there is anything else needs fetching.

Bloody hell you ask a fellow Evertonian for a small favour and get knocked back, priorities Rusty :shaking fist:.

Bloody hell you ask a fellow Evertonian for a small favour and get knocked back, priorities Rusty :shaking fist:.

He's banned from flying, isn't he? After using his 747 to pull that banner across Goodison?

Wouldn't want him to get more grief, I'm OK.

Leicester fan here, I'm looking forward to the game. We're in very good form lately and winning comfortably even when we're not playing at our best. I doubt we'll play our complete first team with the Champions League game on the horizon but I expect some of our fringe players to be eager to prove themselves in the hope of making it into the squad travelling to Madrid.

We are yet to drop a point from a winning position this season, so I think that the outcome of this game will be decided by the first goal. If you lot score first, I can see us going into damage limitation mode and conserving our energy for the next match. If we score first, I don't believe we'll let the lead slip. Therefore, I think it will either finish 0-2 or 2-0.

The player to watch for us is without a doubt Kasper Schmeichel, we would be out of Europe and bottom of the table without him, so hopefully he's on the team sheet. Which Everton player should I be most worried about?

Apologies for my rambling, but may I also ask how Steve Walsh is regarded at the club? He was a massive loss for us and played a huge part in our success last season.

Cheers!

Edited by Blue Fox

Leicester fan here, I'm looking forward to the game. We're in very good form lately and winning comfortably even when we're not playing at our best. I doubt we'll play our complete first team with the Champions League game on the horizon but I expect some of our fringe players to be eager to prove themselves in the hope of making it into the squad travelling to Madrid.

We are yet to drop a point from a winning position this season, so I think that the outcome of this game will be decided by the first goal. If you lot score first, I can see us going into damage limitation mode and conserving our energy for the next match. If we score first, I don't believe we'll let the lead slip. Therefore, I think it will either finish 0-2 or 2-0.

The player to watch for us is without a doubt Kasper Schmeichel, we would be out of Europe and bottom of the table without him, so hopefully he's on the team sheet. Which Everton player should I be most worried about?

Apologies for my rambling, but may I also ask how Steve Walsh is regarded at the club? He was a massive loss for us and played a huge part in our success last season.

Cheers!

Welcome!

Barkley and Lukaku if they are on their game.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Cheers!

welcome. everton players would be schneiderlin (if he plays, recovering from injury), barkley, lukaku, and Gana.

Jury is still out on Steve Walsh. Has signed some quality youngsters (Ademola Lookman, Dominic Calvert-Lewin) and a couple quality starters (Gana, Bolasie) but he's only been here for 9 months so it's too early to tell. Definately seems promising though with the cheap youngsters he has brought in.

welcome. everton players would be schneiderlin (if he plays, recovering from injury), barkley, lukaku, and Gana.

Jury is still out on Steve Walsh. Has signed some quality youngsters (Ademola Lookman, Dominic Calvert-Lewin) and a couple quality starters (Gana, Bolasie) but he's only been here for 9 months so it's too early to tell. Definately seems promising though with the cheap youngsters he has brought in.

We were linked fairly heavily with Gana in the summer, to try and fill Kanté's boots. He's clearly been on Walsh's list for some time and I was disappointed to miss out on him. We brought in Wilfred Ndidi in January who I think will be rested before Atletico but has been brilliant for us. Schneiderlin is quality and I wouldn't mind him not recovering until a day or two after our visit! Edited by Blue Fox

We were linked fairly heavily with Gana in the summer, to try and fill Kanté's boots. He's clearly been on Walsh's list for some time and I was disappointed to miss out on him. We brought in Wilfred Ndidi in January who I think will be rested before Atletico but has been brilliant for us. Schneiderlin is quality and I wouldn't mind him not recovering until a day or two after our visit!

ndidi is class, great signing. i like demarai gray as well, think he will be excellent. Musa a bit of a flop. Slimani i like, if he was healthy and Ranieri had gone with him instead of Vardy he'd have kept his job. Jamie was so cold, Slimani seems like a different player.

Not sure what to think the line up will look like.

My guess would be Pennington to go to CB and Holgate to remained at RB. Id like to see Davies on the bench rather than on the field and Lookman starting.

Robles

Holgate Pennington Jagielka baines

Schneiderlin Barkley Gana

Mirallas Lukaku Lookman

That's what I think we will see, however he may not want to drop Davies, and/or Kenny could see his first start (Koeman has been great with the youngsters this season).

If Mirallas doesn't start then I give up!

Can see us sitting back slightly during this game. Leicester could potentially target Holgate or Pennington. If they target Holgate they'll be in for a surprise, Pennington on the other hand looks susceptible to a mistake.

Very tough game, probably one of the tougher ones of the season going into this game. We have the ability to comfortably win against them with the fortress that Goodison is this season (back to the way it should be), but if we go out and attack we could get stung.

Should be a good game.

Guest rusty747

It could be a very cagey affair and not a great game for the neutral. Leicester will want us to attack so they can break quickly and we will be wary of their threat, particularly against a makeshift back four, so I can see a lot of square passes across the back four and midfield with the safe pass almost always taking priority - ie, backwards rather than forwards.

That said, an early goal for us changes things. An early goal for them makes it even more so.

Here's the lineup

Robles

Holgate Pennington jags baines

Davies schneiderlin gana

Barkley Lukaku mirallas

Happy with that

As I said before I'd had preferred to play a right back (Kenny) with Holgate in the middle with Jags but can't argue with the rest of it.

Guest rusty747

It could be a very cagey affair and not a great game for the neutral. Leicester will want us to attack so they can break quickly and we will be wary of their threat, particularly against a makeshift back four, so I can see a lot of square passes across the back four and midfield with the safe pass almost always taking priority - ie, backwards rather than forwards.

That said, an early goal for us changes things. An early goal for them makes it even more so.

Can I change my mind please?