IGNORED

Luke Shaw

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/787173/Manchester-United-news-Luke-Shaw-Tottenham-Everton-transfer-latest-gossip-Jose-Mourinho

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is open to selling Shaw, 21, at the end of the season, Express Sport understands.

Mourinho publicly blasted Shaw for his commitment last weekend and suggested the England international is last in his pecking order for selection.

“Who? Luke Shaw? It’s difficult for him to be on the bench. Why? Because I cannot compare him with Ashley Young, with Matteo Darmian, with Daley Blind,” Mourinho said after the 0-0 draw with West Brom.

“I cannot compare the way he trains, the way he way he commits, the focus, the ambition. I cannot compare. He is a long way behind.”

Tottenham already have left-backs Danny Rose and Ben Davies in the first team - but the former could be sold to Manchester City in a £50million deal.

Meanwhile, Everton are also up there with bookmakers Betfair at 4/1 to land the former Southampton defender.

I'm sure some of these journos flick through forums... that said I'd have him here without question he's still young and moving from a "big" club could be a big reality check and kick up the arse

Shaw and Trippier would both be great additions for either side

Shaw was really good before his injury and he's still only 22. I'd still be a bit worried about Mourinho's comments. You don't often hear a manager criticize a specific player about lack of commitment and ambition.

This is Mourinho we're talking about though :P

He certainly looked the real deal when he first burst onto the scene, but I honestly having been following him at United between his injuries and not following the league as much this season. Based on his Southampton form and young age I think he'd still be well worth pursuing.

Lots of counter rumours saying he's never been keen on Mourinho and that's the reason he went to United over Chelsea...

I'm with Aidan it's an odd one as I do take what Mourinho says with a pinch of salt and from what I can remember I've never heard of him being disruptive or lazy so not sure what to make of it tbh

only worked with Poch, never Koeman. I would think Robertson on the cheap or Bertrand would be better than injury/attitude issue shaw. Plus shaw will be expensive, it's man united.

I really like Robertson, makes the same kind of runs as Baines did several years ago. Would definitely be my first choice (we should've got him before Hull and loaned him out) but depending on the money involved, I would be happy with Shaw too.

I really like Robertson, makes the same kind of runs as Baines did several years ago. Would definitely be my first choice (we should've got him before Hull and loaned him out) but depending on the money involved, I would be happy with Shaw too.

supposedly burnley had a 10m offer accepted for Robertson but Silva turned it down. Bertrand was sold for 10m, Shaw for 32m. Bertrand will be 20m Shaw even cut rate for what 20m? Robertson is the best of the 3 and cheapest.

After seeing him size wise and Mourinho being so forward and public with him it's changed my opinion, usually take what Mourinho says with a pinch of salt but it does look like he's a lazy half arsed player

Shame such a natural talent being squandered... Next

Jose said many things, but the thing that really struck out to me was he was saying these young players are rich before they perform and hit their prime. and that effects them, and it's part of the game now but they have all the money already and don't need to do well and be motivated. That's what worried me most about this link, we don't need some prima donna rich kid who wants to mail it in.

One of the best young full backs around. That leg break really can change a player, and the wrong manager can be a nightmare too.

I think it's just a few circumstances which have hindered him.

I agree. There is clearly a talented footballer in there, it's just whether the player himself still wants it. He looked poor against us the other night but he probably would have scored had Williams not handballed it.

He is the type of player you wouldn't mind having a loan to buy option.

• 9 months later...