IGNORED

Luke Shaw

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What are you on about? It’s time for the end of Baines, he shouldn’t be our first-choice these days. To keep playing him non-stop and ruin his reputation is what would be disrespectful. 

He's not finished, I think that's what he's referring to. But, you're quite right in that he shouldn't be our first choice LB 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

He's not finished, I think that's what he's referring to. But, you're quite right in that he shouldn't be our first choice LB 

When I sway he's finished I mean as a starter. He just hasn't got the legs to be a modern full-back any longer.

Watching him this season and a lot of last season was quite sad.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

When I sway he's finished I mean as a starter. He just hasn't got the legs to be a modern full-back any longer.

Watching him this season and a lot of last season was quite sad.

Completely agree with you mate. That little addition makes it much more clear :)

So how do you feel about him doing a Lahm and going into midfield?

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's finished is what's wrong with him. We've ran him into the ground by not forward-planning at all, just like we did with the likes of Osman, Howard and Cahill.

spot on romey, this is part of the recruitment issue, there is no long term plan, just plugging holes that spring a leak after it's too late.

• 2 months later...

Top player. Very good and just because mourinho has it in for him means absolutely fuck all. 

Watched him a fair bit and he has got everything.  Quick, runs all day, great delivery.

Mourinho will probably add him to the likes of matic, de bruyne, salah as players who he has dumped but go on to do well. 

43 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Whoever gets him will be getting a very good player who should go on to achieve good things. 

Mourinho doing what he does.... making the public believe someone has a shit attitude cos he doesn't like them.

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Whoever gets him will be getting a very good player who should go on to achieve good things. 

Mourinho doing what he does.... making the public believe someone has a shit attitude cos he doesn't like them.

Even Poch has questioned him in his book. Le Tissier has brought it up too. Hodgson as well. 

Not that the last one counts for much, but the point is that numerous people have brought up his attitude and questioned it. 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even Poch has questioned him in his book. Le Tissier has brought it up too. Hodgson as well. 

Not that the last one counts for much, but the point is that numerous people have brought up his attitude and questioned it. 

I actually think mourinho is trying his best to divert attention away from the fact that the team are performing shite.

Alexis Sanchez has been piss poor but escapes attention. Shaw has been alright.... I watched that game the other night and he was fine.

Some players may give them impression that they aren't arsed.  I remember mourinho picking on Joe Cole a lot. 

Shaw has lots of ability. It wouldn't be the first time that we have managed to get an unhappy player of potential and make him feel at home.  Arteta, pienaar.... but then again we had mcgeady and VDM

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I actually think mourinho is trying his best to divert attention away from the fact that the team are performing shite.

Alexis Sanchez has been piss poor but escapes attention. Shaw has been alright.... I watched that game the other night and he was fine.

Some players may give them impression that they aren't arsed.  I remember mourinho picking on Joe Cole a lot. 

Shaw has lots of ability. It wouldn't be the first time that we have managed to get an unhappy player of potential and make him feel at home.  Arteta, pienaar.... but then again we had mcgeady and VDM

No doubt Mourinho has his own agenda (when doesn’t he?), but I don’t think that means everything he’s said about Shaw is invalid though. 

I don’t think he has lots of ability myself, I’m in the same boat as Shukes on that one. He’s an ok player but he’s never been fit to lace Baines’ boots, and never will be imo. We need to replace Baines with proper quality and Shaw isn’t that as far as I’m concerned. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

No doubt Mourinho has his own agenda (when doesn’t he?), but I don’t think that means everything he’s said about Shaw is invalid though. 

I don’t think he has lots of ability myself, I’m in the same boat as Shukes on that one. He’s an ok player but he’s never been fit to lace Baines’ boots, and never will be imo. We need to replace Baines with proper quality and Shaw isn’t that as far as I’m concerned. 

What i like about him is he is a natural.... very powerful runner and has great footballing ability.

I think like Rooney he needs to play all the time. He wasn't exactly slim at Southampton.

I used to play with 2 lads who were both at least 2 stone overweight for amateur football..... strangely enough they were 2 of the fittest in the team. 

I think Shaw is ok but there has to be questions about his motivation. He’s only 22 and a millionaire but seems like he’s not the most committed and that’s what probably gets on Jose’s tits. They will want their money back on him and that’s a no from me. Sessagon at Fulham is the dream but I’m sure there are better better players than Shaw out there 

21 minutes ago, nogs said:

So Wiltshire, Jones, now Shaw... Any more top 6 rejects we'll sign this summer?? 

Wilshere is actually good, but I agree to a large extent. You don't catch those sides above you by buying the players that are no longer good enough for them. You have to get creative, that's supposedly why we brought Walsh on board but he seems incapable of looking past his own nose.

Not sure it would be the right move for the money.  Has not played regularly since breaking his leg.  There has to be a reason for that.

Also so much has been said about his attitude so probably needs a coach who is going to be patient with him and believe in him.  Big Sam is not that man.

Interesting transfer? yes but is it for us? not so sure

Either way a LB is needed

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Wilshere is actually good, but I agree to a large extent. You don't catch those sides above you by buying the players that are no longer good enough for them. You have to get creative, that's supposedly why we brought Walsh on board but he seems incapable of looking past his own nose.

They're not signings he'd have made at Leicester, same with Walcott. To be honest, I think those three would improve us, but that's because we're shite. But how much could we expect any of them to improve? Shaw maybe, he's young and if someone can get in his head, maybe there is a top player there. But the others, what you see is what you get. And are they enough to break us into the top 7, nevermind compete to win things?