IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Saturday April 22

markjazzbassist

we can and should win this. They are a bunch of recently promoted just bought the big house next door keeping up with the joneses owned by a couple of smut rag owners. Would love to smash them. Without payet they have become a long ball team to Carroll. Lanzini and Antonio are good players, cresswell too, the rest I don't rate.

Stek
Holgate Jags Williams Baines
Davies Schneiderlin Gana
Barkley Lukaku Mirallas

Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Yes, I think we need 11 points from our last 5 games to get sixth or fifth. I am more confident of getting a result at Arsenal than I am at West Ham though. We should win but we need to be at it from the first whistle.

Guest rusty747

That's OK because we'll be four points clear of them going into it :P.

I think we might need to avoid defeat at Arsenal to secure 5th or 6th and it will be a real nail biter.

I reckon we beat West Ham, Swansea and Watford and draw with Chelski and Arsenal. And I think that might just be enough for 5th or 6th.

Edited by rusty747

I think we might need to avoid defeat at Arsenal to secure 5th or 6th and it will be a real nail biter.

I reckon we beat West Ham, Swansea and Watford and draw with Chelski and Arsenal. And I think that might just be enough for 5th or 6th.

I doubt it mate. That would put us on 68 points, United are on 60 now with 7 games left so only need 3 wins from last 7. Arsenal are on 54 with 8 games to go. IF they win tonight they are on 57 with 7 to go so need 4 from their last 7 to better that.

I highly doubt either wont acheive that.

Guest rusty747

I doubt it mate. That would put us on 68 points, United are on 60 now with 7 games left so only need 3 wins from last 7. Arsenal are on 54 with 8 games to go. IF they win tonight they are on 57 with 7 to go so need 4 from their last 7 to better that.

I highly doubt either wont acheive that.

Unfortunately, I now have to agree. I really thought Chelsea would beat Man U yesterday but Man U played extremely well and deserved the 2-0. I think that is fifth gone now so between us and Arsenal probably for 6th/7th now.

Guest rusty747

Didn't we concede 7 when we qualified for the champs league years back?

Yes, we did. It was the seasonn we managed the somewhat unique stat of finishing fourth but with a negative goal difference. And, yes, I think it was Arsenal who beat us 7-0 in almost the last game of the season.

i still think we can catch arsenal, they are in free fall, sanchez and ozil want away, half their team is injured like always and Wenger is embattled with the media.

Tonight is big, if they don't win we'll be in with a sniff. Hate 'boro with a passion but I'm with them just now.

I quite like Boro, honest team.

Shit fans though, can't see past the massive amount of empty seats at every home game, they don't deserve top flight. Massive local population, new-ish stadium and they never come close to filling it (except maybe when they're playing Newcastle). They can just do one, and now the buggers are losing to Arse so I hate them more :angry:.

Shit fans though, can't see past the massive amount of empty seats at every home game, they don't deserve top flight. Massive local population, new-ish stadium and they never come close to filling it (except maybe when they're playing Newcastle). They can just do one, and now the buggers are losing to Arse so I hate them more :angry:.

Was there when they had Ayresome Park (late 90's) it was full then, When they moved to the Riverside it became a bit souless, plus they went from having Juninho and Ravanelli etc to having some proper toot playing for them. Very poor area as well.

But yes they failed to beat Arsenal so lets condemn them to the fiery pits of damnation....

interesting things from that presser:

- west ham have allowed more goals than sunderland. Let's hope Rom/Ross/Mirallas exploit that weak backline.

- "17 players in training, most have 24, 25, 26, i'm not the manager that needs that much so we have players that can make the first team." Ron talking about Europa league squad needs for next season. Doesn't sound like he just wants to sign mediocre squad players to boost numbers ala martinez. Seems he would rather work with less people to give the kids a chance (which he alluded to with Kenny being on the bench and playing with u23) to crack the first team rather than full time bench players.

Edited by markjazzbassist

we can and should win this. They are a bunch of recently promoted just bought the big house next door keeping up with the joneses owned by a couple of smut rag owners. Would love to smash them. Without payet they have become a long ball team to Carroll. Lanzini and Antonio are good players, cresswell too, the rest I don't rate.

Stek

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gana

Barkley Lukaku Mirallas

looks like i'm 2 for 2 on lineups lately.

robles got the pull, ron doesn't think he's the future,i expect him to be sold and get a decent fee.

love the lineup COYB

Guest rusty747

Robles can consider himself a little unlucky. He wasn't at his best last week but to be dropped will not do either his confidence or his working relationship with Koeman any good at all.