IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

Guest rusty747

So many people are going to vote Tory for Brexit, because Corbyn will go for the soft exit. Now, I want a full Brexit myself but would I prioritise that over people's lives? Absolutely not. There are far more important things to consider. I'd rather Brexit was reversed than vote these murdering bastards back in.

I do see your point but Brexit was a once only opportunity that we just can't compromise on.

Better, I think to get May back in, support her on brexit but make it crystal clear that if she continues the way she is with NHS, Police, Armed Forces, SIS, Railways etc then she will soon be voted out.

Put simply, I would prefer May as PM (though I despise her personality) and try to move her to the left, rather than Corbyn as PM and try to stop our country from being given away.

I do see your point but Brexit was a once only opportunity that we just can't compromise on.

Better, I think to get May back in, support her on brexit but make it crystal clear that if she continues the way she is with NHS, Police, Armed Forces, SIS, Railways etc then she will soon be voted out.

Put simply, I would prefer May as PM (though I despise her personality) and try to move her to the left, rather than Corbyn as PM and try to stop our country from being given away.

Sorry, Rusty, you do that then the damage will already be done by the time her term is up - NHS will be gone, the police and all public services will be decimated even more. Voting them back in is giving her the green light to go all out on all that shit. No, the time to get rid of the witch is NOW.

Guest rusty747

Sorry, Rusty, you do that then the damage will already be done by the time her term is up - NHS will be gone, the police and all public services will be decimated even more. Voting them back in is giving her the green light to go all out on all that shit. No, the time to get rid of the witch is NOW.

I dont think so.

Although I am predicting a tory victory, I think the size of the majority will be much less than May believed would be the case. May is many things but she is not stupid and I think she will get the mood of the country loud and clear.

'We are putting you back into power because of brexit and security concerns over Corbyn and competency concerns over Abbott. But stop fucking with the NHS now, increase the numbers of police to pre cut back numbers and tell the electorate that you have received the message loud and clear.'

I dont think so.

Although I am predicting a tory victory, I think the size of the majority will be much less than May believed would be the case. May is many things but she is not stupid and I think she will get the mood of the country loud and clear.

'We are putting you back into power because of brexit and security concerns over Corbyn and competency concerns over Abbott. But stop fucking with the NHS now, increase the numbers of police to pre cut back numbers and tell the electorate that you have received the message loud and clear.'

Tbf Rusty, you're not here and have no intention of ever being here again, but I am and I'm not willing to take the risk of May shitting on normal people and murdering even more.

Heart breaking to know a man who genuinely cares for this country and the people in is likely not going to get the chance to lead us. Fucking tories are murderous twats, if you vote for them tell me how you can sleep at night knowing you've voted for a party that will kill.

Ormskirk and Southport (just outside of Liverpool) hospitals are now moving under VirginCare, the NHS is about to go and yet people still will vote for the Tories. Sickening. for today only - UP THE FUCKING REDS!

Not forgetting the current regime selling over £3b worth of armory to Saudi Arabia, which is being used in terrorist plots against British civilians, which are not being stopped due to Tory cuts to national and local security forces...But hey, they have the interests of you and your family in mind! (but please ignore our attempts to cripple the NHS, Education system and local support services).

Not forgetting the current regime selling over £3b worth of armory to Saudi Arabia, which is being used in terrorist plots against British civilians, which are not being stopped due to Tory cuts to national and local security forces...But hey, they have the interests of you and your family in mind! (but please ignore our attempts to cripple the NHS, Education system and local support services).

Exactly! I honestly do not see what anyone sees in the Tories. They are doing only harm to the country, name me something they have done that has benefited the country? Absolutely fuck all. Horrible horrible people and unfortunately its likely we will have to put up within minimum another 5 years of this shite and a lifetime of the changes that they make.

Guest rusty747

I certainly take the point about my not being in UK - fair call.

But regarding Saudi Arabia, there is a lot going on behind the scenes in international diplomacy at the moment for the benefit of UK security. And I am almost too close to it. For example, the very recent meeting between Trump and Saudia Arabia and the arms deal between UK and Saudi Arabia was followed almost immediately by Saudi Arabia leading the Gulf Cooperation Council countries in ostracising Qatar (a country that has long been suspected of sponsoring terrorism and is in bed with Iran) and strangling a main conduit of huge sums of money that would otherwise have been used to finance and promote terrorism.

Coincidence?

Edited by rusty747

I dont think so.

Regardless of the majority May will get, she has, with the way she has run her campaign, very effectively weakened her hand in the Brexit negotiations. Before the election she might have been perceived as a "bloody difficult women" and a tough negotiator. After this campaign she's seen as someone who shuns debate, nearly squandered an enormous lead in the polls, and U-turns on major policy decisions. Just press her, and she will fold.

If the idea of this election was to get a stronger mandate for brexit it has backfired immensely.

Granted, the alternative, Corbyn, isn't much better, but he has at least stated the first thing to do is to enter the negotiations as friendly allies, as opposed to May's more confrontational approach, which better suits her national (Daily Mail, Telegraph) audience, but won't result in a better deal.

When the Coalition took over from the Gordon Brown government, they found a note in the Treasury which said 'there is no money left.' If Corbyn gets in then the next Tory government will find an IOU for multi-billion pounds. They say you should learn from history. With the exception of the post-war Attlee Labour government (the best Labour government ever) every Labour govenment since the war has screwed the economy. The Conservatives then come in and sort it out. A government under Corbyn would screw the economy like we have never seen before.

When the Coalition took over from the Gordon Brown government, they found a note in the Treasury which said 'there is no money left.' If Corbyn gets in then the next Tory government will find an IOU for multi-billion pounds. They say you should learn from history. With the exception of the post-war Attlee Labour government (the best Labour government ever) every Labour govenment since the war has screwed the economy. The Conservatives then come in and sort it out. A government under Corbyn would screw the economy like we have never seen before.

Yes we should:

https://fullfact.org/economy/labour-and-conservative-records-national-debt/

Voting them in again will just continue to bankrupt the country

Guest rusty747

Regardless of the majority May will get, she has, with the way she has run her campaign, very effectively weakened her hand in the Brexit negotiations. Before the election she might have been perceived as a "bloody difficult women" and a tough negotiator. After this campaign she's seen as someone who shuns debate, nearly squandered an enormous lead in the polls, and U-turns on major policy decisions. Just press her, and she will fold.

If the idea of this election was to get a stronger mandate for brexit it has backfired immensely.

Granted, the alternative, Corbyn, isn't much better, but he has at least stated the first thing to do is to enter the negotiations as friendly allies, as opposed to May's more confrontational approach, which better suits her national (Daily Mail, Telegraph) audience, but won't result in a better deal.

She will have gone up in estimation in very few people's eyes, I agree. I detest the woman personally but have reluctantly come to the conclusion that she is the lesser of the 2 evils.

But she really needs to back off with the cuts to NHS and police and to cancel all of the public private sector deals between NHS and private enterprise.

Edited by rusty747

She will have gone up in estimation in very few people's eyes, I agree. I detest the woman personally but have reluctantly come to the conclusion that she is the lesser of the 2 evils.

But she really needs to back off with the cuts to NHS and police and to cancel all of the public private sector deals between NHS and private enterprise.

But she's not going to, she's going to do that and worse. She will tear up human rights acts to get her way. Corbyn isn't evil, in fact its little known that he won a fucking Ghandi peace award in 2013. She on the other hand wants to cut service sectors that will effectively kill people.

Guest rusty747

But she's not going to, she's going to do that and worse. She will tear up human rights acts to get her way. Corbyn isn't evil, in fact its little known that he won a fucking Ghandi peace award in 2013. She on the other hand wants to cut service sectors that will effectively kill people.

I prefer Mays ideology to Corbyn's but Corbyn's practical implementation of his ideology (excepting defence, immigration and security) to May.

The conundrum (for me) is how to continue letting May be strong for UK in Brexit whilst getting her to be less of a hatchet merchant on domestic services. But I would prefer to fight that battle rather than the corollory with Corbyn.

I prefer Mays ideology to Corbyn's but Corbyn's practical implementation of his ideology (excepting defence, immigration and security) to May.

The conundrum (for me) is how to continue letting May be strong for UK in Brexit whilst getting her to be less of a hatchet merchant on domestic services. But I would prefer to fight that battle rather than the corollory with Corbyn.

May be strong for the UK in Brexit? I've never seen a weaker leader. She wouldn't debate (shithouse), she keeps U-Turning on her mainifest (confused shithouse) and she believes you have to want brexit to get the best brexit deal (lying shithouse, she voted in).

The woman is a disaster, their party is a disaster for this country.

May be strong for the UK in Brexit? I've never seen a weaker leader. She wouldn't debate (shithouse), she keeps U-Turning on her mainifest (confused shithouse) and she believes you have to want brexit to get the best brexit deal (lying shithouse, she voted in).

The woman is a disaster, their party is a disaster for this country.

Exactly. I get that people have issues with Corbyn (founded or not, depends which source you read), Abbott, etc. but at least he's got conviction.

May is a golem comprised of fag-ash and bile, who's spineless approach to any topic of discussion and debate make her about as reliable as an inflatable dartboard. Boris fucking Johnson (who I honestly thought was a comedian the first time I saw him on HIGNFY, then seeing him talk on the news), is one of the most incompetent, inbred, self-serving, upper-class mans-club fuckwits I've ever seen and between the 2 of them, they're going to lead the country and negotiate Brexit?!

The Conservatives have fucked this country over financially and security wise since they took over. May will continue to do so by proposing "amending" the Human Rights act to cover up her mistakes before becoming PM, not to mention being a sources of arms to a country who has one of the worst human rights records going to try and fund "security at home".

How anyone can accuse the Labour setup as being the lesser of 2 evils, simply boggles my mind. And yes, I'm having a rant, because again I'm denied a right to vote (correctly, this time, unlike the referendum). Doesn't mean I won't voice my opinion.

Can I just get my apology in early here; being two hours ahead of UK time the polls won't be closing 'til midnight for me. Between now and then we'll go out for a meal and I'll have a Mythos or two, then perhaps a drop of Metaxa or Ouzo, so if I'm talking complete bollocks later on (even more than normal) then please forgive me :).

I thank you.

Can I just get my apology in early here; being two hours ahead of UK time the polls won't be closing 'til midnight for me. Between now and then we'll go out for a meal and I'll have a Mythos or two, then perhaps a drop of Metaxa or Ouzo, so if I'm talking complete bollocks later on (even more than normal) then please forgive me :).

I thank you.

You'll still talk more sense than Paul Nuttall that's for sure! :lol:

"No overall majority" odds have shortened from about 8/1 this morning to 4/1 currently. Glimmer of hope?

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/overall-majority

I'm hoping the silent few have seen through May's bullshit of late. Openly lying on TV.

Yes, a labour representative couldn't do large scale mental arithmetic whilst under pressure on live TV/Radio but the flip side of that is Tory representatives "hiding" true costs (manifesto) they intend to cut from public services, whilst screaming incompetence at people like Abbott. Give me someone who can't add up large sums under pressure accurately over someone snidey enough to deliberate deceive the mass population about their agenda, any day of the week.

Diane Abbott bless her, has done some incredible stuff in her lifetime (and in politics) but is getting hounded as a "bumbling fool", in the name of votes. Please read this. You might even feel slightly guilty.

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06/07/we-need-to-talk-about-diane-abbott-now-explicit-content/

Guest rusty747

I'm hoping the silent few have seen through May's bullshit of late. Openly lying on TV.

Yes, a labour representative couldn't do large scale mental arithmetic whilst under pressure on live TV/Radio but the flip side of that is Tory representatives "hiding" true costs (manifesto) they intend to cut from public services, whilst screaming incompetence at people like Abbott. Give me someone who can't add up large sums under pressure accurately over someone snidey enough to deliberate deceive the mass population about their agenda, any day of the week.

Diane Abbott bless her, has done some incredible stuff in her lifetime (and in politics) but is getting hounded as a "bumbling fool", in the name of votes. Please read this. You might even feel slightly guilty.

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06/07/we-need-to-talk-about-diane-abbott-now-explicit-content/

Unfortunately, personal insults are part and parcel of being in politics nowadays (just as terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city according to Khan) so if she can't take the heat she really is better off out of the kitchen.

"Diane is a skilled orator, a quick thinker, a glorious debater, a genuine public servant and a thoroughly decent woman"

As soon as I saw that I gave up, she's championed in that for being a black woman and hats off at a difficult time she did well but that shouldn't be used to gauge the woman in a political sense

It's quite contradictory when you can clearly tell she's a bigoted racist herself

Exactly. I get that people have issues with Corbyn (founded or not, depends which source you read), Abbott, etc. but at least he's got conviction.

May is a golem comprised of fag-ash and bile, who's spineless approach to any topic of discussion and debate make her about as reliable as an inflatable dartboard. Boris fucking Johnson (who I honestly thought was a comedian the first time I saw him on HIGNFY, then seeing him talk on the news), is one of the most incompetent, inbred, self-serving, upper-class mans-club fuckwits I've ever seen and between the 2 of them, they're going to lead the country and negotiate Brexit?!

The Conservatives have fucked this country over financially and security wise since they took over. May will continue to do so by proposing "amending" the Human Rights act to cover up her mistakes before becoming PM, not to mention being a sources of arms to a country who has one of the worst human rights records going to try and fund "security at home".

How anyone can accuse the Labour setup as being the lesser of 2 evils, simply boggles my mind. And yes, I'm having a rant, because again I'm denied a right to vote (correctly, this time, unlike the referendum). Doesn't mean I won't voice my opinion.

Yes, I agree. How anyone can accuse the Labour setup as being the lesser of two evils boggles my mind too.

Bookies have May and co nailed on 1/14 Labour are 7/1

Tempted to stick a few quid on it but I think it will be in vain, that mob will win comfortably if you go by the latest projections

But that's for "most seats". If you go to "next PM" (May 1/6, Corbyn 5/1) or, as I posted above, "overall majority" it's much closer.

No doubt the Tories will get most seats but that doesn't guarantee a Tory government. Still fully expect it to happen but I live in hope.

Just got back from the polling station in the next village, shit choice of candidates. I can't remember a single name now. I have always said I would vote for whoever showed any concern for the people by knocking on the door. I have lived here 20 years and to date I have answered the knock by politicians ...... (counts on his fingers).... 0 times. Not once in all that time has any politician come around and knocked on my door FOR ANY ELECTION.

But that's for "most seats". If you go to "next PM" (May 1/6, Corbyn 5/1) or, as I posted above, "overall majority" it's much closer.

No doubt the Tories will get most seats but that doesn't guarantee a Tory government. Still fully expect it to happen but I live in hope.

1/7 odds on with the one I use still in betting terms it's nailed on but then again Brexit and Trump were similar so you never know!

Just been to cast my vote... Here's hoping