IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

Early days yet but it looks like UKIP have taken a beating (as expected) and their votes are being split between Labour and Conservative, roughly in line with how the constituencies voted on brexit.

There is also the issue of postal votes which have not (I believe) been able to be included in the exit poll. In short, there is a lot of potential error in the exit poll.

I'd guess most of the ukippers have jumped into the Tory party, and the Labour increase is down to the additional voters.

Guest rusty747

I'd guess most of the ukippers have jumped into the Tory party, and the Labour increase is down to the additional voters.

The pundits are opining that UKIP voters are now split between Labour and Conservatives, though with turnout higher, especially amongst the younger generation, you could well have a good point.

Guest rusty747

Word coming from Conservative HQ that they are now openly saying that they do not expect to achieve an overall majority.

May is toast.

Guest rusty747

DUP look like getting at least 10 seats and are pro brexit. Highly likely that with DUP help, we will still have May as PM - though for how long is anyone's guess. Bo Jo is allegedly already licking his lips!

Scotland are fucking this up.

Why do you say that, would SNP not typically vote with Labour anyway?

I thought it would be the DUP that would enable the Tories to form minority government?

EDIT: Never mind, just realised SNP lost 12 seats to the Tories.

Edited by Chach

Why do you say that, would SNP not typically vote with Labour anyway?

I thought it would be the DUP that would enable the Tories to form minority government?

That would still, on current predictions, only give them 328; couldn't work with that for any length of time.

Happy days, pollsters/bookies wrong again, I'm going back to bed with a big smile on my face. Feeling strong and stable :lol:. Bye Teresa.

I managed to stay up until 5am watching all this.

Highlights were seeing Clegg's face when the results of his defeat were read out, Rudd losing her seat and then spitting the dummy and getting a recount 3 times :lol:, May looking like she's at deaths door during her speech and then having to stand next to Lord Buckethead :lol:

That would still, on current predictions, only give them 328; couldn't work with that for any length of time.

Happy days, pollsters/bookies wrong again, I'm going back to bed with a big smile on my face. Feeling strong and stable :lol:. Bye Teresa.

This is the deal she's made and will take to the Queen.

Guest rusty747

This is the deal she's made and will take to the Queen.

It is not a working majority in practice and is, at best, a short term fix. It looks to me as though the country has got the worst possible outcome in many ways and will likely face another election around October - in the middle of brexit negotiations. Not good.

Edited by rusty747