IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

27 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Dont we all get a vote in a few years if we dont like him, or is it brexit thats driving this discussion.

Brexit is a side issue to this and has its own thread; the issue currently in this one is whether the new PM (whoever it may be) is being decided upon in a democratic fashion or not. Certainly there'll be an opportunity in 2022 (at the latest) for the whole electorate to have their say but, as I see it, the next one is going to be imposed on us with 99.73% of us having no say, the caveat that we'll be able to put it right in three years carries no weight with me.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Brexit is a side issue to this and has its own thread; the issue currently in this one is whether the new PM (whoever it may be) is being decided upon in a democratic fashion or not. Certainly there'll be an opportunity in 2022 (at the latest) for the whole electorate to have their say but, as I see it, the next one is going to be imposed on us with 99.73% of us having no say, the caveat that we'll be able to put it right in three years carries no weight with me.

And also this newly elected PM who like you say 99.73% have no say in is going to preside over one of the biggest decisions this country has probably faced since WWll which will possibly effect 100% of the population. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

He’s always good for that, don’t worry :) 

Politics comes a very poor second to what we share on here -  lifetime supporters of Everton.  Will make my day whenever I meet fellow Toffee's.  Cornish Steve the only one so far. What a memorable day that was.

12 hours ago, johnh said:

Politics comes a very poor second to what we share on here -  lifetime supporters of Everton.  Will make my day whenever I meet fellow Toffee's.  Cornish Steve the only one so far. What a memorable day that was.

Very true. The only reason we can have difficult discussions is because of that link - it’s the only online platform I know where there is a mutual respect (for the most part) and that allows us all to speak honestly even when there’s clear disagreements 

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very true. The only reason we can have difficult discussions is because of that link - it’s the only online platform I know where there is a mural respect (for the most part) and that allows us all to speak honestly even when there’s clear disagreements 

Wow, there's a whole mural?! Truly spectacular.

Can see the people rising to force change if the tories stay in power much longer. If we were a third world country another country would have stood in by now. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/grenfell-survivors-beam-message-onto-parliament-two-years-on-a4169441.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0oAIjTYODGWKvjnu3wg4rBDtQFYBf44XAK4PuLpCeI0j96hpfa_N01V6g#Echobox=1560836821

What an absolute moron. Caller tells Hunt he won't get any votes from the NHS but then goes on to say they don't want Corbyn they still want a Tory. 

There's no such thing as a good tory for the NHS. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/furious-gp-jeremy-hunt-no-one-nhs-vote-for-him/?fbclid=IwAR2lAMG6MmEl6PXQiV_71qAtKFpaM99rIogrPBwnFf7GqfTmYjZMdzfrhuU

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

What an absolute moron. Caller tells Hunt he won't get any votes from the NHS but then goes on to say they don't want Corbyn they still want a Tory. 

There's no such thing as a good tory for the NHS. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/furious-gp-jeremy-hunt-no-one-nhs-vote-for-him/?fbclid=IwAR2lAMG6MmEl6PXQiV_71qAtKFpaM99rIogrPBwnFf7GqfTmYjZMdzfrhuU

There’s no such thing as a good Tory. 

Another Tory fuckwit. Surely in that position you should be done for fraud for creating invoices to claim expenses from a public office. Should have been in prison nevermind needed a petition to remove him from his seat. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chris-davies-tory-mp-brecon-radnorshire-by-election-expenses-invoice-a8968666.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3imiOabyam9y7k1G3k1Q8rWpfJiKcaSpNWIf56edSzuV19OR1m_TW8E-M#Echobox=1561113646

An another one. Homeless minister who is contempt when it comes to... homeless people. 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jun/20/homelessness-minister-accused-of-racist-remarks-in-email?fbclid=IwAR2etLFR9M6GenmzoOQcbRMOZpaqmIXR7rGxC2oHeeRJJKdkWRndGjEEid4

She is spot on when she tells him he doesn’t care for money or anything, that’s why it will be such a disaster if he becomes our next PM, he will try and walk this country down the road to financial oblivion with out a care or concern for anyone or anything. 

On 26/05/2019 at 17:46, MikeO said:

Yes he's done some decent humanitarian stuff abroad as well but still cut from the same cloth as the rest of them. Never experienced applying for Universal Credit I wouldn't think, or working on a zero hours contract or getting by on minimum wage.

facepalm.jpg

The next party in power need to ring fence the NHS. The founders nephew has passed away with the NHS holding the blame for neglect. That family was probably proud as day that they could point to the NHS and that's been completely tarnished for them and worst their family member has died without getting the full chance he should have. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-founder-nye-bevans-great-17009208?fbclid=IwAR0SOKuYN0FDnynzGIyWdom9c5mTGpriwALTFxCeCR9ROx80OcOIKGOGyBA

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

I know the media love him but this is a stretch too far. Tory journalists trying to shame the neighbours of Boris wafflecopter for reporting the domestic abuse. 

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2019/06/24/the-secret-barrister-dismantles-the-suggestion-that-boris-johnsons-neighbours-broke-the-law/

I have no argument against them reporting it to the police that should be the done thing, but after the police had been and found nothing to worry about that should have been it finished.

To find that they not only taped it but  then gave it to a Newspaper for either some money or just to get some publicity for themselves, a bit mercenary if you ask me and not somebody I would class as "good Neighbours".