IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

https://www.facebook.com/dominic.pimenta/posts/10101223363852860

An excellent video on the NHS. Global Economic Crisis does not justify the disgusting treatment of the service that saved my life (twice, literally) and fixed 8 major breaks and around 10 major ligament/muscular tears

Worst thing is people who vote tory know this. They just prefer people be worse off than themselves, rather than everyone be better off. Cunts.

I'll publicly march for the NHS, it's the single greatest institution this country has ever produced (followed by Royal Mail as was), something non-UK countries have been trying to replicate for years. Yet it's been left to ruin (time and time again). The failing isn't by the NHS, it's the Government that is failing the NHS.

People's health (as many of your are far too aware) is the single most important thing in life. Without health, you can't live as you were intended for. You can do without money, cars and other materialistic things but we would all give up everything we have, to make sure the ones we love are still healthy and well looked after.

It's the one item on a manifesto that will ensure my vote.

Not to do with the general election this but upcoming local elections.

This is a guy I went to school with, played in the same football team with and finally played in the same band with! He was the drummer, and actually (I've mentioned this before) went on to be part of The Vapors (Turning Japanese).

https://policyguildford.co.uk/2017/04/25/howard-smith/#more-721

He was never a particularly close mate but a decent bloke, average midfielder though :P.

I'll publicly march for the NHS, it's the single greatest institution this country has ever produced (followed by Royal Mail as was), something non-UK countries have been trying to replicate for years. Yet it's been left to ruin (time and time again). The failing isn't by the NHS, it's the Government that is failing the NHS.

People's health (as many of your are far too aware) is the single most important thing in life. Without health, you can't live as you were intended for. You can do without money, cars and other materialistic things but we would all give up everything we have, to make sure the ones we love are still healthy and well looked after.

It's the one item on a manifesto that will ensure my vote.

Doesn't this tie into a lot of other issues too though?

for example, as the NHS is hugely dependent on foreign workers (nurses (10+%), doctors (25+%),...), what do you do if a party puts NHS in their manifesto but also a hard cap on immigration?

or, what if, to keep the NHS working, a (likely) tax increase will be necessary? what do you do if a party promises both strong NHS and guarantee of no tax-increase in their manifesto?

etc

Doesn't this tie into a lot of other issues too though?

for example, as the NHS is hugely dependent on foreign workers (nurses (10+%), doctors (25+%),...), what do you do if a party puts NHS in their manifesto but also a hard cap on immigration?

or, what if, to keep the NHS working, a (likely) tax increase will be necessary? what do you do if a party promises both strong NHS and guarantee of no tax-increase in their manifesto?

etc

Just the usual, manifestos don't seem to be worth the paper they're written on so I pretty much ignore them. I've always voted on ideological grounds rather than studying worthless "promises" anyway or voting on what would be best for me personally. I benefited massively during the Thatcher years for example but hell would've frozen over before I voted for her; I might even have qualified for the "liberal elite" moniker for a short time, perhaps I should have applied for a job at the BBC :D.

(Actually I did once apply to the beeb when in my twenties but the application form was soooo huge and complex I couldn't be arsed to fill it in :lol:)

Diane Abbott doing a fine job yet again lately of making herself look a completely incompetent tit, one of many recent media appearances

Labour really should cut this creature loose, she shouldn't harbour such responsibilities how can she scrutinise policies when she can't answer simple questions, I'd love to see her on Dragons Den in front of Peter Jones ?

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/diane-abbotts-agonising-interview-over-policy-cost/

Edited by EFC-Paul

Diane Abbott has to be the biggest imbecile to have ever entered the political arena, for years she's just fluffed her way along, for her to hold a position in the shadow cabinet is a testament to how far Labour have internally destroyed themselves as a credible party to put up a challenge against the Tories.

God help us if the Tories achieve the landslide there looking likely to get.

Diane Abbott has to be the biggest imbecile to have ever entered the political arena, for years she's just fluffed her way along, for her to hold a position in the shadow cabinet is a testament to how far Labour have internally destroyed themselves as a credible party to put up a challenge against the Tories.

God help us if the Tories achieve the landslide there looking likely to get.

Great quote from Andy Hamilton on HIGNFY tonight on Diane Abbott...

"She hasn't grasped modern politics at all....if you've got figures that are complete bollocks and you don't know what you're talking about you don't trot them out on a radio show, you slap them on the side of a bus..."

brilliant quote :rofl:

on a more serious note, I have never voted tory, and I can not see anyway I ever will, but there is nobody around just now who I would prefer to see in charge. If you can honestly think of somebody else who I could vote for please tell me, I hate abstaining.

on a more serious note, I have never voted tory, and I can not see anyway I ever will, but there is nobody around just now who I would prefer to see in charge. If you can honestly think of somebody else who I could vote for please tell me, I hate abstaining.

Rubes, vote for the Green Party. If they get in, the economy will go down the pan along with most of the services but we will have plenty of trees. :D

Great cartoon in the current issue of Private Eye.

Corbyn is sitting on a chair reading a book to some kids. He is saying 'And then Labour won the election and everyone lived happily ever after'. A little girl is shown saying 'We're a bit old for fairy stories'.

Vote based on the policies of your local candidates and what they are proposing to do for the area. Hold them to account afterwards regardless of whether you voted for them or not, because they are still supposed to represent you. (write letters and send emails when they/their party do something you don't like)

Edited by Chach

I think the state of our NHS has probably crossed the line of no return.

It has been a political pawn for years most recently and disgustingly in the Brexit campaign, a vote for the Tories will probably end any chance of a resurgence,and Labour will throw more money at it which will be miss managed and wasted.

I personally have had private health insurance for years paid for by myself, and those who can afford it should if only to ease the burden of the NHS which would then give a better service for those who can't afford private health care.

Just a thought cause something surly has to change.

not sure whether to laugh or get angry

Hunting has always been a free vote in the commons to my knowledge, no "whipping" to toe the party line; be amazed if support for repeal was in the manifesto, at worst they'll be offering another vote. I was a League Against Cruel Sports member and went on many a protest pre ban (though some of the bastards are still finding ways round it and the police/courts are very weak enforcing it).

There still killing Fox's by me, the Vale of White Horse Hunt go out regularly with no protesters but plenty of supporters following in their cars and closing the lanes to let the dog's and horses cross, I think the protesters of years ago are few and far between.