IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

Conservative Party is big enough to have at least a few capable people? Even if you disagree with someone from a political point of view, you can still respect their intellectual capabilities.

This Paris Agreement thing (where every other First World leader has, at the very least, expressed regret over Trumps decision) is another indication that she doesn't have what it takes to be PM. Events happens too quickly for her, she needs too much time to think and can therefor only express herself in meaningless, hollow ways.

Any one who has a political association to them is inhuman. Its absolutely disgusting, all those with Tory beliefs should be nearer to Ashworth than Parliament. Full of intelligent serial killers there, because that's what every tory member is now. Starving and bullying the poor to suicide. If you vote for them you're no better.

Any one who has a political association to them is inhuman. Its absolutely disgusting, all those with Tory beliefs should be nearer to Ashworth than Parliament. Full of intelligent serial killers there, because that's what every tory member is now. Starving and bullying the poor to suicide. If you vote for them you're no better.

There should be a criminal investigation into the "loss" of records on paedophiles from parliament.

I agree. Voting Labour is a vote for decency.

The Tories are all about greed.

There should be a criminal investigation into the "loss" of records on paedophiles from parliament.

I agree. Voting Labour is a vote for decency.

The Tories are all about greed.

Them and the BBC are a disgrace. How you can live with yourself knowing about peados and using them as your pawns rather than hanging them or calling for justice is beyond me.

Theresa May is a fuckin liar... an untrustworthy bitch.

Nurses pay is a joke. She is trying to make out that nurses have had pay rises?

Fuckin joke.

The real nurses are leaving because of shite pay and thry are having to pay "bank" staff which costs a fortune.

Can't vote because I won't be in in the country and election was called to late for me to get a postal vote in time. No big deal because of living in a seriously safe Tory seat (otherwise I might have flown home for the day) but good luck guys, do the business for me!

Appreciate we have a few Conservative members on TT and I respect their view however misguided it may be.

Final thought? Smash the ignorant, arrogant and obnoxious bitch please, vote tactically if you have to even if it goes against the grain. Realise that if you're voting Tory you're just toeing the Sun/Mail/Express/Telegraph/Murdoch etc agenda and screwing the poor for your own personal/imagined/quasi national interests.

Have a nice day :).

Can't vote because I won't be in in the country and election was called to late for me to get a postal vote in time. No big deal because of living in a seriously safe Tory seat (otherwise I might have flown home for the day) but good luck guys, do the business for me

Appreciate we have a few Conservative members on TT and I respect their view however misguided it may be.

Final thought? Smash the ignorant, arrogant and obnoxious bitch please, vote tactically if you have to even if it goes against the grain. Realise that if you're voting Tory you're just toeing the Sun/Mail/Express/Telegraph/Murdoch etc agenda and screwing the poor for your own personal/imagined/quasi national interests.

Have a nice day :).

So do I live in Tory stronghold, considering barricades at the polling station, that should stop the bankers.

Are nuclear weapons that much of a hot topic in the UK this moronic audience had to keep pressing Corbyn whether or not he would kill millions of people??

Overall Corbyn handled himself better than May.

I've never been his biggest fan but some of the questions put to the man have been ridiculous and as you say he's dealt with the majority really well

I think this will be much closer than expected tbh

Do people seriously think nuclear war is like boxing? That if you knock your opponent out then he can't throw a punch?

Just one missile launched would set off a catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the death of millions and the end of the world as we know it.

Did anyone see the the Ralph laurened up Tory boy student who was saying how great zero hour contracts are? Absolute cretin.

I've never been his biggest fan but some of the questions put to the man have been ridiculous and as you say he's dealt with the majority really well

I think this will be much closer than expected tbh

Sadly, I expect a Tory victory, but with a seriously reduced majority.

Would love nothing more than for this opportunistic General Election to blow up in her saggy face though.

Do people seriously think nuclear war is like boxing? That if you knock your opponent out then he can't throw a punch?

Just one missile launched would set off a catastrophic chain of events that would lead to the death of millions and the end of the world as we know it.

Did anyone see the the Ralph laurened up Tory boy student who was saying how great zero hour contracts are? Absolute cretin.

excellent post.

personally I was more annoyed by the douche that started the trident discussion.

agreed haf. i don't think anyone really wants to use them, they are just used as hollow threats between nations. real nuclear war would be absolutely frightening.

excellent post.

personally I was more annoyed by the douche that started the trident discussion.

I think "finger on the button" questions are pretty irrelevant myself (didn't see the programme obviously) because anyone here with half a brain knows that it'd be the US who make the decision to trigger Armageddon if and when it happens. Trident is a pointless waste of billions of pounds; if we use it we're dead so what in the hell is the point in having it?

I think "finger on the button" questions are pretty irrelevant myself (didn't see the programme obviously) because anyone here with half a brain knows that it'd be the US who make the decision to trigger Armageddon if and when it happens. Trident is a pointless waste of billions of pounds; if we use it we're dead so what in the hell is the point in having it?

I agree to a degree but sadly it's a necessary deterrent an expensive one at that

Deterrent to who? ie who could we potentially use it against (France aside as John suggested)?

Do you see the world as a potentially war free place that will never be on the cusp of needing such weapons?

Take your pick as to who I don't have a crystal ball, with a range of over 7,500 miles it's anyone's guess

Do you see the world as a potentially war free place that will never be on the cusp of needing such weapons?

Take your pick as to who I don't have a crystal ball, with a range of over 7,500 miles it's anyone's guess

You didn't answer the question Paul, who could we potentially use trident against?

Presumably it'd only be used against another country with nuclear capability which narrows it down as it stands today. Most of those countries we're friends with. Of those we're not: Russia? Not a chance in the World because everyone would be blown off of it. North Korea (assuming they have the capability)? Nobody's going to nuke them because it'd destroy (among others) South Korea who are our friends along with many others in the region. In the future ISIS rebels? Where do you bomb? Kabul? Syria? Bradford?

There is no possible future situation (imo) where the use of nukes would be justified, desirable or the solution to anything. As it stands we are complete hypocrites for saying we can have them but "you're" not allowed to to countries like Iran (specially as we're quite happy for Israel to have them). Who put us in charge? "Do as I say not what I do" is no example to set.

No one with a sane mind will say using them is justified Mike and I've always said the same of nations dictating to others about such things

I did I said I don't have a crystal ball you and I don't know what the future holds in an ever increasingly hostile world

It's not or won't be a case of "well you don't have nuclear weapons so we can't use ours on you" that's ridiculous logic if that were the case then Hiroshima and Nagasaki would never have happened

My initial point being they are a deterrent to think otherwise is crazy imo whether you believe in the need for them or not

Fair enough mate, I disagree that they're a deterrent personally and I don't think we'd be at any more risk without them (I'm currently in Greece but I don't feel more vulnerable because I don't have subs patrolling on my geographical behalf).

Just agree to differ, it's the TT way?.

Poles are suggesting that Tory lead is getting smaller daily, now they are disagreeing on whether they will increase income tax or not, they have scored so many home goals they have become a joke and only hardened Tories will surely vote for them now.

May could go down in history for losing what was believed to be a dead cert victory, let's hope so anyway.

Fair enough mate, I disagree that they're a deterrent personally and I don't think we'd be at any more risk without them (I'm currently in Greece but I don't feel more vulnerable because I don't have subs patrolling on my geographical behalf).

Just agree to differ, it's the TT way?.

I agree with you though mate it's not the way forward, enjoy the break you'll be suffering the transfer window blues with us all soon enough ?

If you didn't think the BBC was bias enough then yesterday at the One Love Manchester gig when they did the video package of singers saying they stand with Manchester they blurred out one girls top, turns out it was a pro Corbyn top.

If you didn't think the BBC was bias enough then yesterday at the One Love Manchester gig when they did the video package of singers saying they stand with Manchester they blurred out one girls top, turns out it was a pro Corbyn top.

Absolute joke of an organisation. No better than working for the sun.