Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Henry Onyekuru

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/610312/Everton-transfer-news-Henry-Onyekuru

The 19-year-old winger has starred in the Belgian top flight this season.
And The Sun say his form - 12 goals in 28 league games - has put him on the radar of the Toffees.
Their report claims Southampton, Sevilla and Celtic are also interested in Onyekuru.

"Sky sources understand Arsenal are in talks to sign Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru from Belgian side KAS Eupen.

The forward, who has been linked with Everton, Southampton, Celtic and several other British clubs, has a £6.8m release clause. "

Typical shit house scouting by Arsenal, just copy our transfer targets time after time. Hope this one bites them in the arse like it did with Perez.

Kristof Terreur, the Belgian journalist: "Henry Onyekuru underwent a medical at Everton yesterday. Will go on loan to Anderlecht. He had a entry visa for UK, not a real work permit."

You shouldn't be saying things like that Joe, everybody keeps telling us it's a done deal.

I think this one is pretty certain. .

Bill, I don't know that we're coming at this from the same direction. I'm not fatalistically resigned to believing that Everton will keep fucking up. I think it's a possibility (like there are many possibilities for who we will sign). I won't claim to know. For all I know, the journo apparently quoting a club representative, could be talking out of his ass; or, the quote could be genuine, but it's just smoke and mirrors for them to get more time to get the best deal for them possible. There are a lot of possibilities here. I'm optimistic. But, I just don't trust much in the press when it comes to transfers. It's all "sources say" at this point. And, said sources are often off-base.

So, I'm optimistic, hopeful and even excited. But, I won't believe anything is set in stone until we see him putting pen to paper.

Bill, I don't know that we're coming at this from the same direction. I'm not fatalistically resigned to believing that Everton will keep fucking up. I think it's a possibility (like there are many possibilities for who we will sign). I won't claim to know. For all I know, the journo apparently quoting a club representative, could be talking out of his ass; or, the quote could be genuine, but it's just smoke and mirrors for them to get more time to get the best deal for them possible. There are a lot of possibilities here. I'm optimistic. But, I just don't trust much in the press when it comes to transfers. It's all "sources say" at this point. And, said sources are often off-base.

So, I'm optimistic, hopeful and even excited. But, I won't believe anything is set in stone until we see him putting pen to paper.

ESPN and BBC reporting it seems a goer to me.

Wooooohoooooo!

brb... heading to Twitter for the WHam and Arsenal supporter meltdowns....

A bit confused by all the hype. How good can he be when at the age of 20 he's still being loaned to a team in one of the smaller European leagues to continue his development...

http://beta.goal.com/en-gb/news/who-is-henry-onyekuru-the-prolific-arsenal-target-whos/mgoow5ke83hk1g24wcreuy1cr

A 20-year-old forward, Onyekuru only won his first cap for Nigeria in a 3-0 friendly win over Togo at the beginning of June but has lit up the Belgian top flight in the 2016-17 season at Eupen, scoring an impressive 24 goals and contributing nine assists in 41 games across all competitions.

Congrats Haf:

"Given his stature and style of play, Onyekuru definitely is not the next Romelu Lukaku. But if he's even half as decisive for Ronald Koeman's side, he'll be a more than useful addition to the Premier League."

A bit confused by all the hype. How good can he be when at the age of 20 he's still being loaned to a team in one of the smaller European leagues to continue his development...

He's good enough, the problem is the work permit. Another season at Anderlecht with Champions League football and some more international caps and he will be able to get a work permit.

He can be very good, reason he is being loaned out is he won't get a work permit yet.

He's good enough, the problem is the work permit. Another season at Anderlecht with Champions League football and some more international caps and he will be able to get a work permit.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

i'm renaming the negotiations team "fast and furious". this is astounding. we are signing players left right and center from under the noses of bigger clubs and doing it quickly and quietly. well in.

welcome henry

no club is bigger, just richer. You feel it in your heart :happy:

Has this been confirmed by the club yet? Confused why its moved from the rumours thread to general.

read the echo article posted earlier, the lad was so excited he signed for us he posted to his twitter or instagram the picture of him in front of our crest when he was signing BEFORE the team announced it.