Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Henry Onyekuru

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just don't see what could have changed to mean he's able to get a work permit.

Maybe he’s done enough to prove he’s an exceptional talent now. He was scoring in the Belgian 2nd division when we signed him but now he’s proving himself at a higher level.

3 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:
12 minutes ago, hafnia said:
people forget.... he's only 20....
whats his first touch like? 

Always referencing Lukaku... our best striker in the last 20 years.

probably a good idea for you to read the post I was replying to.... (p.s I was being ironic)

probably a good idea for you to read the post I was replying to.... (p.s I was being ironic)
Obviously I read the post before. Just funny how you always refer to the negative about Lukaku instead of recognizing what he brought.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Why on earth would we sell him before he’s even played for us- what utter garbage.

for the right price we will, unfortunately.

High hopes for this lad, hopefully we can get him back in January.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Why on earth would we sell him before he’s even played for us- what utter garbage.

All I can think of, is that we know we won't get a permit for him. But, I'm more inclined to agree it's just crap "journalism"

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

All I can think of, is that we know we won't get a permit for him. But, I'm more inclined to agree it's just crap "journalism"

Another genius piece of recruitment if the former is the case! 

34 minutes ago, nogs said:

Another genius piece of recruitment if the former is the case! 

not exactly our fault he cant get a work permit is it? A lot of factors come into it - Nigeria's world ranking, whether he is an "outstanding talent" which I presume we tried to persuade he was, how many caps he has etc. I'm sure we would have tried to get him in straight away but unfortunately couldn't.

Actually it is smart recruitment, sign the player who will eventually get a work permit and loan him out or risk losing him to another team.

14 minutes ago, aaron said:

not exactly our fault he cant get a work permit is it? A lot of factors come into it - Nigeria's world ranking, whether he is an "outstanding talent" which I presume we tried to persuade he was, how many caps he has etc. I'm sure we would have tried to get him in straight away but unfortunately couldn't.

Actually it is smart recruitment, sign the player who will eventually get a work permit and loan him out or risk losing him to another team.

I was referring to a scenario in which he never gets the permit. In which case it's a complete waste of time. 

3 hours ago, nogs said:

I was referring to a scenario in which he never gets the permit. In which case it's a complete waste of time. 

If we make a pretty penny on him then it isn't.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Not really goi g to be much good for us when it doesn’t look like he’d be able to play for us. 

We have a few that aren’t able to play for us.... yet still get appearance stats!

Undoubted talent but playing for a manager from the Koeman school of man management. We wont be able to judge til we see him play for us.

I think he will be a real player for us, when he plays well he is very, very good, from what I have read and seen he is a bit like Sterling, with the bad habits of being selfish and a show off which needs to be drilled out of him.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

So sorry for the lad, obvious talent, doing really well, then this happens. Hope he stays strong and sure he will make a full recovery.

Thoughts and prayers with him.

5 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I'm confused. Did he get a work permit? Or he's allowed to train with Everton but not play for us?

No, he's injured and is about to undertake a surgery. He's off until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

Right but he’s back at Finch Farm for rehabilitation.

Yeah, he can train with us, but can't be registered for match squads due to not having a WP.