IGNORED

Henry Onyekuru

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

Well if he’s at FF every day that is still working in the UK. Doesn’t have to be playing a game to be work. If he is living here and employed here he will need a permit  

Maybe he has a short term stay authorised for his rehab as a temporary measure?

Pretty sure he's on temporary residence permit. I doubt Government is so strict about professional players. As long as he's not playing, who cares what he's doing.

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

If not they would just give a permit.

They can't. Work permits in English football are issued only if the foreigners have played some minimum percentage of minutes with their national teams in the past year or two. If the player fails this criteria he's not getting WP even if he's the nicest guy in the world. It's concerning that Onyekuru is injured and will most likely miss the WC, otherwise he would gain WP by the end of the summer.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Isn’t he still on loan, but over here because we have better facilities?

Yup, but even so he need's a least a visitors permit and then be out of the country for 90 days once that's expired before he can come back in (if the customs treatment of my wife is anything to go by)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Can you provide a short summary? My work computer won't let me open up this site.

Despite Everton reaching an agreement with Anderlecht for another Henry Onyekuru loan, the Nigerian doesn’t want to return to the Belgian club.

Anderlecht had always wanted Onyekuru to have knee surgery before Christmas, and the situation at one stage looked a battle of wills, with the Belgian club’s stance seeming slightly strange given the player was only on loan.

Disagreeing with the Anderlecht decision, Onyekuru and Everton went for the non surgery option to give the player a better chance of being ready for the World Cup.

But there’s been disagreement over whether he’s been ready to play, and the situation has ended up costing the youngster his World Cup place.

Belgian newspaper HLN report on Thursday that Onyekuru is now close to signing for Borussia Monchengladbach, with Besiktas also being interested.

In a nutshell!

10 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Despite Everton reaching an agreement with Anderlecht for another Henry Onyekuru loan, the Nigerian doesn’t want to return to the Belgian club.

Anderlecht had always wanted Onyekuru to have knee surgery before Christmas, and the situation at one stage looked a battle of wills, with the Belgian club’s stance seeming slightly strange given the player was only on loan.

Disagreeing with the Anderlecht decision, Onyekuru and Everton went for the non surgery option to give the player a better chance of being ready for the World Cup.

But there’s been disagreement over whether he’s been ready to play, and the situation has ended up costing the youngster his World Cup place.

Belgian newspaper HLN report on Thursday that Onyekuru is now close to signing for Borussia Monchengladbach, with Besiktas also being interested.

In a nutshell!

Thanks! I'm assuming on loan?

On 17/05/2018 at 09:59, tonkaroost said:

Thanks! I'm assuming on loan?

On 17/05/2018 at 10:31, Aidan said:

That's the full extent it went to in the article. Not too sure myself.

This one says on loan. Bummer if true. I don't really understand these work permits at all. It would seem fair to me that if a player has enough top-flight appearances in any of the top 10 leagues in the world, he should be able to play in any of the others. All the shit about international caps seems way too complicated and unneccessary.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/17/report-henry-onyekuru-on-his-way-at-everton-will-join-borussia-m/

• 2 weeks later...