IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

The move makes sense for him.

I hope he does well and comes back for another go.

There's something about him I like. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Me too. He must have potential because it's Sevilla that's taking him, not Bury. Personally, though, I wish we'd used the rest of the season to bed him into the team.

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Has the feeling of someone selling a £20k Mercedes for £8k thinking it's a great deal cos it doesn't drive right.... the next time you are out it burns past you at the lights. 

i have no doubt he will do well in spain eventually, could even do well here, just young and needs to play.

46 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have no doubt he will do well in spain eventually, could even do well here, just young and needs to play.

In the same way I think mangala will do very well here.  

A physically gifted, no nonsense bread and butter type player... good in the air and quick over the ground.  Man city are a complex team to play in defence for. 

We could be a good fit for each other. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This statement really really annoys me: "The Blues were hopeful of Sandro settling in better after a full pre-season, with boss Sam Allardyce saying only a week ago: "There’s more players that don’t work in their first season than work. So contrary to what everybody thinks, players from abroad don’t work in the first season, they fail more than they succeed, that’s across the board and at every club.'"

Sorry to use this example, but does anyone remember when Suarez left Ajax to join Liverpool? Two days later, he's on the field and scoring. I can think of many similar examples. It's absolutely not true that it takes an entire season to adjust. We've just thrown away a potential diamond in the rough.

37 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This statement really really annoys me: "The Blues were hopeful of Sandro settling in better after a full pre-season, with boss Sam Allardyce saying only a week ago: "There’s more players that don’t work in their first season than work. So contrary to what everybody thinks, players from abroad don’t work in the first season, they fail more than they succeed, that’s across the board and at every club.'"

Sorry to use this example, but does anyone remember when Suarez left Ajax to join Liverpool? Two days later, he's on the field and scoring. I can think of many similar examples. It's absolutely not true that it takes an entire season to adjust. We've just thrown away a potential diamond in the rough.

Firstly we haven’t thrown anything away he’s still our player- secondly your darling Unsworth never played him nor did Koeman so how can this be on Allerdyce and lastly he’s trying to protect them- more players than not need time to adapt and very few hit the ground like Suarez. Those comments have nothing to do with Sandro situation.

It's a bit concerning that after only a couple of weeks he's happy to stay there permanently. On it's own it's nothing to worry about but when you consider that Lookman was desperate to get out as well, it doesn't say anything good about the club at the moment. I can only assume that the atmosphere around the place isn'tt great.

That's not a slight on the current manager, but more of an observation on the whole club.

54 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's a bit concerning that after only a couple of weeks he's happy to stay there permanently. On it's own it's nothing to worry about but when you consider that Lookman was desperate to get out as well, it doesn't say anything good about the club at the moment. I can only assume that the atmosphere around the place isn'ttt great.

That's not a slight on the current manager, but more of an observation on the whole club.

The creditable Spanish football journo Guillem Balague said that he was a bit of a prima donna/needed to feel special when we signed him. An obvious talent, but given some of his reputation, I'm not surprised that Sandro didn't really show the fight to hang around trying to adapt to a new league with a team that's struggling.

6 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

The creditable Spanish football journo Guillem Balague said that he was a bit of a prima donna/needed to feel special when we signed him. An obvious talent, but given some of his reputation, I'm not surprised that Sandro didn't really show the fight to hang around trying to adapt to a new league with a team that's struggling.

But it's not just Sandro. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sam himself said that 5 players asked to go on loan that were part of the first-team.

2 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

But it's not just Sandro. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sam himself said that 5 players asked to go on loan that were part of the first-team.

Sam did say that and it's a sign of a lot of things. The combination of us having a big squad with a lot of players barely or not seeing the pitch combined with low morale due to a poor season. 

8 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

No. He said that offers came in for 5 first teamers whilst talking about having to play on transfer deadline day.

We'll split it down the middle...he actually said the agents of 5 players were in touch on TDD to see if their players could go out on loan.

• 2 weeks later...