Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Sandro Ramirez

He looked good though. We don’t have many players that take the ball and run at pace, he had a few good fast runs where he seemed to keep the ball in right at speed.

Made me feel he still could offer us something.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

It just hasn’t worked out for him and he’s on huge wages. Worse of all is he doesn’t even look arsed in the slightest.

I'm for Sandro leaving as much as everyone else, but I disagree about him not looking arsed. You cant fault his effort levels that lad runs around like a headless chicken,  I think he trys too hard!

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm for Sandro leaving as much as everyone else, but I disagree about him not looking arsed. You cant fault his effort levels that lad runs around like a headless chicken,  I think he trys too hard!

His performance in the Valencia friendly was shocking- he even got rinsed by Silva for arsing about with their team at the end.

It's maths - we don't have enough players to let Sandro or Lookman go. We only have 5 wingers in the senior squad now - Walcott, Richarlison, Lookman, Bernard and Sandro.

In Silva's 4-3-3, we need 2 in the starting XI and 1 or 2 on the bench for every game, can't see how we'd survive until January with only 4 (if one of them goes) or 3 (if they both go) wingers in the entire squad. Richarlison is suspended for the next 3 and injuries are inevitable. 

1 hour ago, brisbaneblue said:

It's maths - we don't have enough players to let Sandro or Lookman go. We only have 5 wingers in the senior squad now - Walcott, Richarlison, Lookman, Bernard and Sandro.

In Silva's 4-3-3, we need 2 in the starting XI and 1 or 2 on the bench for every game, can't see how we'd survive until January with only 4 (if one of them goes) or 3 (if they both go) wingers in the entire squad. Richarlison is suspended for the next 3 and injuries are inevitable. 

Dowell is better than Sandro and can play on the left if need be

and we can still bring players in for that position  

4 minutes ago, patto said:

Dowell is better than Sandro and can play on the left if need be

and we can still bring players in for that position  

I'd take Sandro as a winger over Dowell as a winger any day of the week.

Can't bring any players in until January..

Keep 4 (Lookman) and use the u23's/u18's as required/warranted.  Brands wants 1st team avenues for youth players, keeping the squad lean provides that.

We haven't got any international comps to worry about and Calvert-Lewin/Gylfi/Dowell can all fill in as required (till Jan at least).

18 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Keep 4 (Lookman) and use the u23's/u18's as required/warranted.  Brands wants 1st team avenues for youth players, keeping the squad lean provides that.

We haven't got any international comps to worry about and Calvert-Lewin/Gylfi/Dowell can all fill in as required (till Jan at least).

I've just done a little sick-up reading that.

2 hours ago, brisbaneblue said:

I'd take Sandro as a winger over Dowell as a winger any day of the week.

Can't bring any players in until January..

Have you seen Sandro play ?

you can still bring in free agents now. 

Digne near our corner with a sloppy touch and then a lighter version of Jags takle. Yellow card. 

Great play earlier started by Niasse bringing the ball down and hitting the pass as soon as the ball dropped. Sig got it in the middle and then. Dowell showed his good vision with a long pass forward. Move finished with an attempted diving header but no where near the ball. 

Zouma down holding his face. Maybe an elbow? Ref played on as they ran into our box. Holgate won it back and we countered 5 v 3 dowell(?) running the length of the pitch with the ball knocking wide for Sandro or Kenny who tried a low cross that was cut out. 

Good run from Sandro behind the defence perfect position for a little chip but Digne too slow to notice. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Playing well though, but it's a curious one.

This is how we know that we are paying at least part of his wages while he goes on loan 😂

Wouldn't have risked him if it meant ensuring a year of his wages off the books

I’ve only watched the 20 minute highlights but he’s done more in that than he had in an Everton shirt prior. Some good crossed and not afraid to have a pop at goal. Looked to be getting stuck in and trying to win the ball back. Hope he keeps it up and has a right go at staying here.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope we don’t end up short of players now. Injuries (and suspensions) are biting after only a handful of games. 

Every fucker seems to be pulling up lame. Wonder if they aren’t used to Silvas intensity.

He's no different to Klaassen in my eyes a player that has ability but he's just not cut out for this league 

Desperately wanted him to do well and I was excited when we brought him here but this league doesn't afford players like him the space to make those in box runs that he's been able to do elsewhere 

Hope he goes onto finding form again elsewhere 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Sounds like injuries have got the best of him.  I expect him to be sold come summer or maybe even January.  

The rate he's going it will likely be released on a free. Still cant get over that volleying the floor video me.

23 hours ago, Finn balor said:

If he is on the reported 120k a week it’s got to be one of the worst buys in history 

Because he was so cheap at the time. Every signing is a risk, fortunately the risk with him is minimal due to the low finances involved, even with the big wage.