IGNORED

Mindless Atrocities

Paddock

Catholics have been killing in the name of religion for hundreds of years and still are, the truth is religion has been the reason for many conflicts round the world.

The reason being religion makes you different from someone who doesn't share your religious views and values, whether right or wrong this has caused more conflict and killing, than if there was no religion.

Religion accounts for 7% of wars and 2% of deaths.

- encyclopedia of wars.

Edited by Hafnia

If you can't understand then you're beyond help.

Nope, that fails to mention that the murders in those countries are mainly secular. The killing between Sunni and Shia. Again highlighting the fact that their religion is not a peaceful one. Stop at nothing to butcher non-believers. Use 17th century methods to murder people. Animals. Id say you're beyond help myself and again let's hope you never get caught up in it because your head is so far up your arse you'll think you'll be able to talk these people out of it whilst their cutting your head off with a 5" blade.

Catholics have been killing in the name of religion for hundreds of years and still are, the truth is religion has been the reason for many conflicts round the world.

The reason being religion makes you different from someone who doesn't share your religious views and values, whether right or wrong this has caused more conflict and killing, than if there was no religion.

Not a patch on the tens of millions killed by Staiin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ceaucescu, and other atheists in the 20th century. Terrorists, dictators, bullies, and other abusers of power come from all backgrounds. It's part of the human condition and therefore pointless blaming it on the faith (or lack thereof) that such abusers claim to follow. Invariably, their claim is simply a convenient vehicle to power.

Check out the ten worst atrocities in human history. Not one of them relates to religion.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Nope, that fails to mention that the murders in those countries are mainly secular. The killing between Sunni and Shia. Again highlighting the fact that their religion is not a peaceful one. Stop at nothing to butcher non-believers. Use 17th century methods to murder people. Animals. Id say you're beyond help myself and again let's hope you never get caught up in it because your head is so far up your arse you'll think you'll be able to talk these people out of it whilst their cutting your head off with a 5" blade.

How can Sunnis killing Shiites and vice versa be mainly secular? Do you mean sectarian?

What do you suggest wold be an appropriate response? Deport every Muslim currently living in the UK?

I have no idea what the solution to this problem is but I would pretty much guarantee it will come from Muslims so lumping them all into the same basket is likely a terrible idea.

Edited by Chach

You wrote that and have the fromt to say you can't take me serious because I misspelled religion .

Jesus wept- have you really taken time to think about your ideals? Maybe we should nuke the whole middle east- that would cure it.

Part of this issue is the fact that we went to war and murdered thousands of innocent civillians in Iraq. We were warned at the time of the reprisals that would come from it but Blsir and our government (a labour one who most of us voted for) took us to war anyway. Should we all now be held accountable for this?

Corbyn himself made a speech at the time warning that an unjust war would destabilise the whole moddle east and would give birth to splinter factions such as Isis - and look what's happened.

You wrote that and have the fromt to say you can't take me serious because I misspelled religion .

Jesus wept- have you really taken time to think about your ideals? Maybe we should nuke the whole middle east- that would cure it.

Part of this issue is the fact that we went to war and murdered thousands of innocent civillians in Iraq. We were warned at the time of the reprisals that would come from it but Blsir and our government (a labour one who most of us voted for) took us to war anyway. Should we all now be held accountable for this?

Corbyn himself made a speech at the time warning that an unjust war would destabilise the whole moddle east and would give birth to splinter factions such as Isis - and look what's happened.

What destabilised the region was removing the dicatators. The only way to keep these animals in place is to treat them like animals and removing Gaddafi, Saddam and to an extent Al saad is the reason why this is happening. Letting them In as refugees and however else has been the straw that broke the camels back. Am I saying ALL Muslims are like this no. Do I think Muslims sympathise with their people rather than ours.... Yes!

What destabilised the region was removing the dicatators. The only way to keep these animals in place is to treat them like animals and removing Gaddafi, Saddam and to an extent Al saad is the reason why this is happening. Letting them In as refugees and however else has been the straw that broke the camels back. Am I saying ALL Muslims are like this no. Do I think Muslims sympathise with their people rather than ours.... Yes!

So should we remove ALL muslims then? Because if not- I'm keen to know how you propse to treat certain ones like animals?

So should we remove ALL muslims then? Because if not- I'm keen to know how you propse to treat certain ones like animals?

I think these so called normal Muslims should be doing a lot more to prevent normal children turning into terrorists. What exactly is going on in theses Mosques. What are people being taught?

Believe me when I say it. Our own laws are allowing these terrorist to operate. You fight fire with fire it's as simple as that.

I think these so called normal Muslims should be doing a lot more to prevent normal children turning into terrorists. What exactly is going on in theses Mosques. What are people being taught?

Believe me when I say it. Our own laws are allowing these terrorist to operate. You fight fire with fire it's as simple as that.

Nobodys arguing that we need to eliminate the radicalists but you can't blame all muslims for it. You just cannot do that.

You've watched one too many Tommy Robinson videos.

A good start would be properly funding the police and other agencies involved in counter terrorism, at the end of the day these people are just gangsters who should be dealt with like any other criminals.

Stop arming authoritarian regimes in the middle east who are known to support extremism would also be useful.

I don't buy into the masochistic Chomsky notion that the entire problem is a result of western foreign policy but to say that you are just taking it on the chin time and time again is absolutely dripping in irony, the UK has been at war in the middle east on and off for 20 years.

What do you propose we do? Just take it on the chin time and time again? Come on smart arse.

Start with stop the selling of arms to countries which then sell to terrorist organisations.

Stop the cutting of police and hire more. Invest more into intelligence, root them out earlier.

Work on eradicating Islamaphobia which is driving a wedge between Muslims and other religions.

Start with stop the selling of arms to countries which then sell to terrorist organisations.

Stop the cutting of police and hire more. Invest more into intelligence, root them out earlier.

Work on eradicating Islamaphobia which is driving a wedge between Muslims and other religions.

Extremist Muslims and a large majority of so called "moderate" Muslims want their way and their way only.... See Sharia law.

There is 3500 Muslims being "watched" by the intelligence agencies right now. 500 who have knowingly been fighting in Syria that have returned and are freely walking our streets. Why are they still walking the streets? Because of lefty liberals who think their human rights are worth more than those of the innocent people who've died.

Selling arms has nothing to do with what's happening on our streets, that's a global problem that will always exist! Weapons being used here can be bought in Supermarkets.

The only way to eradicate this is stronger firmer laws monitoring of Mosques and a firm hard hand to anybody who steps out of line. I genuinely believe if the government doesn't crack down on this the real British people will step up and they're be major bloodshed, just like Northern Ireland.

Edited by MC11

I genuinely believe if the government doesn't crack down on this the real British people will step up and they're be major bloodshed, just like Northern Ireland.

Putting aside that your thought processes are along the lines of the EDL (if you'd have stood up in the Manchester concert yesterday and put forward your views what sort of reception do you think you'd have got?); how did we sort out NI? Retaliate and bomb them into submission by treating all Catholics as terrorists? No. We talked to them. Even the obnoxious object that was Thatcher eventually realised that was the solution.

Putting aside that your thought processes are along the lines of the EDL (if you'd have stood up in the Manchester concert yesterday and put forward your views what sort of reception do you think you'd have got?); how did we sort out NI? Retaliate and bomb them into submission by treating all Catholics as terrorists? No. We talked to them. Even the obnoxious object that was Thatcher eventually realised that was the solution.

You're trying to paint the picture that I'm a racist. Very far from it and nothing to do with the EDL. I'm angry that these people are allowed to roam the streets killing innocent people for what? Religion? What is there to talk about? The IRA wanted a united Ireland. What exactly do these Jihadists want that we can sit down and talk about? Simple question there Mike how do we talk ourselves out of this mess? What exactly do they want?

Pretty certain al they want is Sharia law and Islam to be the sole religion. That's something you can't talk out of people unfortunately.

You're trying to paint the picture that I'm a racist. Very far from it and nothing to do with the EDL. I'm angry that these people are allowed to roam the streets killing innocent people for what? Religion? What is there to talk about? The IRA wanted a united Ireland. What exactly do these Jihadists want that we can sit down and talk about? Simple question there Mike how do we talk ourselves out of this mess? What exactly do they want?

Pretty certain al they want is Sharia law and Islam to be the sole religion. That's something you can't talk out of people unfortunately.

I made a conscious effort not to call you racist. Just making the point that your views would've been cheered to the rafters by the half dozen odd people in an EDL meeting yesterday while you'd have been booed off the stage by tens of thousands had you put them forward at Old Trafford.

Luckily for everyone you're in as small a minority as radicalised Muslims are.

On this last point, I sincerely hope that generous families and communities will help the widow and children of the married attacker. This would send a very powerful message - how, in response to terror, we continue with our tolerant and compassionate way of life.

Not a patch on the tens of millions killed by Staiin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ceaucescu, and other atheists in the 20th century. Terrorists, dictators, bullies, and other abusers of power come from all backgrounds. It's part of the human condition and therefore pointless blaming it on the faith (or lack thereof) that such abusers claim to follow. Invariably, their claim is simply a convenient vehicle to power.

Check out the ten worst atrocities in human history. Not one of them relates to religion.

Since the 80's and to date a majority of conflicts around the world whether in Europe,Africa or Asia have been fought in the name of religion.

Now I won't pretend to know how many people have died because of the difference in religious ideology, but imo far to many to justify the need to believe religion is needed and makes the world a better place to live.

I'm an atheist and I don't feel there is anything missing in my life because I have no God to answer to or believe in, and I definitely don't believe that being religious makes you a better and more stable person as the last 30 years or so have proven, so I find very difficult to see how religion play's a worthwhile role in society, when it is clear it has become a major source of conflict.

On this last point, I sincerely hope that generous families and communities will help the widow and children of the married attacker. This would send a very powerful message - how, in response to terror, we continue with our tolerant and compassionate way of life.

Help his family you must be taking the piss Steve, "tolerant way of life" seriously!!

Help his family you must be taking the piss Steve, "tolerant way of life" seriously!!

I'm perfectly serious. Why punish very young children? This is how civilized nations distinguish themselves from the rest: demonstrate compassion even to the most undeserving. It sends a very powerful message.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Since the 80's and to date a majority of conflicts around the world whether in Europe,Africa or Asia have been fought in the name of religion.

Now I won't pretend to know how many people have died because of the difference in religious ideology, but imo far to many to justify the need to believe religion is needed and makes the world a better place to live.

I'm an atheist and I don't feel there is anything missing in my life because I have no God to answer to or believe in, and I definitely don't believe that being religious makes you a better and more stable person as the last 30 years or so have proven, so I find very difficult to see how religion play's a worthwhile role in society, when it is clear it has become a major source of conflict.

Strangely I find atheists more intolerant of religion more than people of religion are intolerant of atheists...

The fact of the matter is that religion does a lot of good.... it saves a lot of people, it is used to set morals, comfort those in despair, it's very convenient to blame wars on religion.... the fact is - If there was no religion there would be wars - it's because of negative human traits.

Some People do not tolerate people of other colour, race, beliefs, football teams, hair colour, - they preach why they are so bad etc etc and look for offence and create hatred.

You only need to look at football fans as a small sample as to how humans behave.... watch how some people react to a new person joining a company.

Fact is - some people preach negativity and hate. Not because of religion but just because.

Strangely I find atheists more intolerant of religion more than people of religion are intolerant of atheists...

You'd be hard pressed to find an example of injustices/oppression/atrocities carried out in the name of atheism though.

Calling out stupid ideas whether religious or non-religious is a critical part of intellectual discourse, that shouldn't be misconstrued as intolerance.

Edited by Chach

I'm perfectly serious. Why punish very young children? This is how civilized nations distinguish themselves from the rest: demonstrate compassion even to the most undeserving. It sends a very powerful message.

Why and how is it punishing them by not helping? Bar not having a lunatic of a father around they won't be worse off

They will be looked after in the usual way by the authorities, you're powerful message will fall on deaf ears and have no affect whatsoever on the type of people that carry out these atrocities

Having and displaying compassion is all well and good but being delusional is not

Edited by EFC-Paul

The fact of the matter is that religion does a lot of good.... it saves a lot of people, it is used to set morals, comfort those in despair, it's very convenient to blame wars on religion.... the fact is - If there was no religion there would be wars - it's because of negative human traits.

Some People do not tolerate people of other colour, race, beliefs, football teams, hair colour, - they preach why they are so bad etc etc and look for offence and create hatred.

You only need to look at football fans as a small sample as to how humans behave.... watch how some people react to a new person joining a company.

Fact is - some people preach negativity and hate. Not because of religion but just because.

Religion does a lot of good try telling that to the hundreds of if not thousands of children in Ireland who were victims of dirty fucking priest praying on innocent children wholesale in the name of Christ, and then the Catholic church closing ranks as far up as the Vatican for decades because they didn't want the truth to be known, which allowed more innocent children to fall into the net.

Where's the good the morality the kindness the comfort in that, the people who did that are the people that preach to you, that you look up to and get guidance from, not for me, I don't need religion to tell me right from wrong and people who do need religion to help them live their lives are no better than those who can operate with out the crutches of religion.

Why and how is it punishing them by not helping? Bar not having a lunatic of a father around they won't be worse off

They will be looked after in the usual way by the authorities, you're powerful message will fall on deaf ears and have no affect whatsoever on the type of people that carry out these atrocities

Having and displaying compassion is all well and good but being delusional is not

I'm struggling to see how that's delusional, if they are in no way responsible how are they not victims of this crime?

spot on