IGNORED

Mindless Atrocities

Paddock

Personally if I was Muslim I'd stop being actively religious until the extremists were eradicated. Similar to how football fans acted during the hooligans period. Tone it down, don't push it on to others. One of my uni friends was even scared her little brother was being brain washed. The men are divided from the woman so she couldn't keep an eye on him during prayer.

I've been in a couple of mosques (even got a copy of the Qur'an), and have found it to be the most pressured religion. There's an allegory for every situation, and very little scope for a different thought.

If we have to have religious people I'd much rather they be like the Sikhs who are taught the first thing you must do is become a person before following a religion.

So what are you suggesting? That we should treat all Muslims as terrorists?

By that logic all Catholics would've been treated as murderers when the IRA was active.

Seriously, what action does ​your common sense propose we take?

More to the point what do you suggest we do? Bury our heads again until the next one?

If treating them all like Terrorists is the case so be it! Maybe then the "good" Muslims will sort these "radicals" out once and for all because right now they're doing nothing!

I pray for you Mike, I pray your family doesn't get caught up in this shit. But maybe then you might wake up.

Te the last 2 posts- you cannot ask people to give up their faith like that. Some are deeply religeous. There were muslim doctors treating the injured- muslim taxi drivers running people home for free these fucking twats are killing muslims.

They are using the muslim faith as a guise to wage war- they are extremists and they need stopping but that's easier said than done. If we blamed all muslims- this country would be on it's knees in a week flat. Doctors- nurses- emergency service personel- shop owners- business men and on it goes.

More to the point what do you suggest we do? Bury our heads again until the next one?

If treating them all like Terrorists is the case so be it! Maybe then the "good" Muslims will sort these "radicals" out once and for all because right now they're doing nothing!

I pray for you Mike, I pray your family doesn't get caught up in this shit. But maybe then you might wake up.

I have no idea, but you certainly don't demonise millions of people for the deeds of a few, that'd stoke the fires massively and things would be a hundred times worse in no time at all; we'd become the chief recruiting officer for ISIS.

I lived in Guildford when the IRA bombed it, knew people very close by; my mum was on a tube travelling across London on 7/7 and it took a long time to contact her. I'm wide awake I assure you, persecuting the innocent is never a solution. I'd say the same even if a member of my family had been killed yesterday, I wouldn't blame 5% of the population for it, that's madness.

Religion didn't carry out the attack, a person did. He might well be Muslim, but he doesn't represent all Muslims. The same way I don't represent all Catholics, I don't represent all white men, I don't represent all English men. There will be Muslims who will celebrate the act he has carried out, but they are the minority. The vast millions and millions of Muslims do not believe in these acts of extremism and only want peace. They want to be able to get on with their lives, sadly they can't live their lives in peace as they are banded together with people like this.

My sister met a nice Muslim guy almost two years ago, they both live in London, but I was so upset about it. Not becaus he's Muslim, but because of how they would both be treated. The looks they received for being together. It's a sad world we live in, but people are just people. Skin, gender, religion, does any of it really matter?

Guest rusty747

I am ex RAF, (1981-92) and now work for an airline in the middle east. I was raised as a Christian but fell in love with a Malaysian Muslim. Long story short, I 'converted' so that we could get married. I remember us watching SKY News when news of Osama Bin Laden's meeting with Seal Team Six took place. My wife jumped off the sofa and said words to the effect that she was happy bin laden was dead as he was a very bad man and would go straight to hell.

So, I can speak from first hand experience that not all Muslims by any means support the terrorist atrocities. But it is a big leap to get them to move from not supporting terrorism to actively participating in the fight against it. I know that some do but we need to encourage all Muslims to engage in the fight against terrorism if we are to defeat these vile people.

The only other option would be similar to how the USA treated naturilised Japanese Americans in WW2.

Whichever solution is chosen, the first duty of any UK government is to keep its people safe and all politicians need to drop the shackles of political correctness and start addressing the problem in a more forthright manner.

Te the last 2 posts- you cannot ask people to give up their faith like that. Some are deeply religeous. There were muslim doctors treating the injured- muslim taxi drivers running people home for free these fucking twats are killing muslims.

They are using the muslim faith as a guise to wage war- they are extremists and they need stopping but that's easier said than done. If we blamed all muslims- this country would be on it's knees in a week flat. Doctors- nurses- emergency service personel- shop owners- business men and on it goes.

I've not said to give up their faith.

I'd personally make a conscious effort to disband the recruitment in mosques by preying with friends and family or by not engaging with the story's. I stopped going to church when I realised the story's were bollocks and used to influence yer.

I'm saying eat, pray, love rather than eat, pray, hate. I've witnessed the propaganda, I know one person who fears her brother will turn into a terrorist. ISIS ideology is very much supported, not by the majority but still by far too many (you can blame our government for that, and Obama the murdering cunt). I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorist, but there's a hell of a lot more they could be doing to distance themselves.

There is blame at politicians' doors. They allowed /encouraged enclaves of non-integration where the police feared to tread due to being wary of being racist. Radicalisation has been the unfortunate result.

That's right out of the Donald Trump book of popular fiction I'm afraid, there really are zero no-go areas for UK police. How are these fantasies allowed to exist (thank you UKIP/tabloids)?

Something I posted elsewhere...

A reporter on the radio this morning claimed it was "extraordinary" that life in Britain today is no different because of last night's terror attack. He seemed surprised that other music concerts are planned this weekend, for example. How come it's "business as usual?"

Because this is exactly how we defeat terrorism! It's why I always try to fly each year on September 11. There's little point in declaring whole populations the enemy or dropping bombs in some other country. The strongest response to terrorism is the conscious act of turning the other cheek. "You struck me? It won't change me." Of course we should be diligent, but we can't let it change our values or way of life.

I've been delighted to see pictures of how Mancunians are responding. People of all ethnicities and cultures and religions are stepping in to help. The terror attack is bringing people together, not tearing them apart. The queen expressed her "admiration for the way the people of Manchester have responded, with humanity and compassion." I really hope it stays that way.

A reporter on the radio this morning claimed it was "extraordinary" that life in Britain today is no different because of last night's terror attack. He seemed surprised that other music concerts are planned this weekend, for example. How come it's "business as usual?"

Because this is exactly how we defeat terrorism! It's why I always try to fly each year on September 11. There's little point in declaring whole populations the enemy or dropping bombs in some other country. The strongest response to terrorism is the conscious act of turning the other cheek. "You struck me? It won't change me." Of course we should be diligent, but we can't let it change our values or way of life.

I've been delighted to see pictures of how Mancunians are responding. People of all ethnicities and cultures and religions are stepping in to help. The terror attack is bringing people together, not tearing them apart. The queen expressed her "admiration for the way the people of Manchester have responded, with humanity and compassion." I really hope it stays that way.

Great post.

That's right out of the Donald Trump book of popular fiction I'm afraid, there really are zero no-go areas for UK police. How are these fantasies allowed to exist (thank you UKIP/tabloids)?

Rochdale rapists aside I've not heard of any other police issues.

I would say places like Liverpool are much better at integration than Manchester though, Greater Manchester has areas that are predominantly one race, religion, etc. Birmingham has similar problems. There's not enough mixing. I always moan Manchester has turned into London of old, people don't trust each other, and day to day wouldn't stop to help you on the street. I work there and it has a horrible atmosphere.

Rochdale rapists aside I've not heard of any other police issues.

I would say places like Liverpool are much better at integration than Manchester though, Greater Manchester has areas that are predominantly one race, religion, etc. Birmingham has similar problems. There's not enough mixing. I always moan Manchester has turned into London of old, people don't trust each other, and day to day wouldn't stop to help you on the street. I work there and it has a horrible atmosphere.

The worst people in the world at not integrating and forming their own expat communities are Brits in Europe.

A woman in work grew up during the troubles in Ireland, and said something similar for her reason for being in. We were told we could work from home today, but I'd guess about 80% turned in.

The worst people in the world at not integrating and forming their own expat communities are Brits in Europe.

I'd not condone them. If you move anywhere you should embrace their culture, and share some of yours. We don't seem to do either well.

Religion didn't carry out the attack, a person did. He might well be Muslim, but he doesn't represent all Muslims. The same way I don't represent all Catholics, I don't represent all white men, I don't represent all English men. There will be Muslims who will celebrate the act he has carried out, but they are the minority. The vast millions and millions of Muslims do not believe in these acts of extremism and only want peace. They want to be able to get on with their lives, sadly they can't live their lives in peace as they are banded together with people like this.

My sister met a nice Muslim guy almost two years ago, they both live in London, but I was so upset about it. Not becaus he's Muslim, but because of how they would both be treated. The looks they received for being together. It's a sad world we live in, but people are just people. Skin, gender, religion, does any of it really matter?

Exactly StevO, this was a man first and foremost. Religion has nothing to do with it, he was a vile man susceptible to be brainwashed by others. It happens in varying scenarios and to varying extremes all over the world and has done for centuries (not to belittle the attack in anyway).

I don't see how you can stop it, although I would like to see more from the major players in that religion come out condemning the attacks, that the bomber won't be in paradise with their virgins etc. Do they even have a head Muslim? Ie a Muslim Pope? (Please excuse my ignorance!)

Found out last night my cousin was present at that gig, thankfully she is alright and no harm came to her, feels even more close to home now I know a family member was there.

I highly suggest everyone watch this: https://twitter.com/Chris_Alexandr/status/867096984590667776

What a man.

Good guy him; glad your cousin's OK, must've been a horrible experience.

The only people that can stop these "Radicals" is other Muslims. Yet everytime something like this happens all they do is try is defend their faith.

the only people are people. People coming together, people defying the idea they are terrorised. People getting on with their day to day lifes, supporting those impacted or not.

The moment you segregate, you're part of the problem, not the solution. United we stand, divided we fall - regardless or race or beliefs.

The only people that can stop these "Radicals" is other Muslims. Yet everytime something like this happens all they do is try is defend their faith.

Are Christians around the world supposed to stop radicals (such as the Norwegian shooter or those who kill abortion clinic doctors) associated with their faith? How exactly would you do that? The idea is just plain ridiculous.

You're wrong mate- nobody can stop it. They kill fellow muslims. They are terrorists, it's gone way past religion now it's a runaway train.

the only people are people. People coming together, people defying the idea they are terrorised. People getting on with their day to day lifes, supporting those impacted or not.

The moment you segregate, you're part of the problem, not the solution. United we stand, divided we fall - regardless or race or beliefs.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40031876

This is what I mean.