• Jagielka
    • Schneiderlin
    • Coleman
    • Klaassen
    • Wllliams
    • Baines
    • Other please specify
    • Rooney

I'd have said Coleman if he wasn't injured. Maybe it will be jags for another season proving he stays then next season Seamus will take it.

He's a real leader. More so than jags. The others haven't been at the club long enough to warrant it.

Edited by AidanLewis

Jags. You don't strip a player of the captaincy. Maybe if he did something majorly wrong off the pitch that made the club look bad. It risks upsetting all of his friends in the team, which is a lot in this case, and let's other players think they could be treated the same way. Not a good situation to be in for the sake of an armband.

Maybe, but he should stay "club captain" even if he's not the captain on the pitch.

Disagree mate, we're moving forward in a new direction, he's not going to be playing much, we need a captain who's on the field doing battle week in week out who leads by example in my opinion.

Jags is too quiet , never pipes up in games and is way past his best. It's time for a change. Most of the old guard are going anyway. Thinkabout t, if Barkley and Lukaku go most of the starting 11 wont of played with him or been around him for more than 2 seasons.

As we are now, if Jags is on the pitch he's the captain, if he's not Barry is, if he's not Baines is.

Koeman has spoken in the past about it not being a major issue. Gullit was captain of the Dutch team and looks after the midfield and forwards, while Koeman looked after the defence. He will want a team full of leaders, he's not that bothered who has a band on their arm.

We pay a lot of attention to it, I'm not sure it is as big on the continent.

As we are now, if Jags is on the pitch he's the captain, if he's not Barry is, if he's not Baines is.

Koeman has spoken in the past about it not being a major issue. Gullit was captain of the Dutch team and looks after the midfield and forwards, while Koeman looked after the defence. He will want a team full of leaders, he's not that bothered who has a band on their arm.

We pay a lot of attention to it, I'm not sure it is as big on the continent.

Amen

If Jags is with the club, he will and should be club captain. He's a veteran leader and is respected by the squad.

This is the very reason we have 2-3 vice captains who each should probably have a greater presence on the pitch than Jags in terms of games played. This debate is silly.

If Jags is with the club, he will and should be club captain. He's a veteran leader and is respected by the squad.

This is the very reason we have 2-3 vice captains who each should probably have a greater presence on the pitch than Jags in terms of games played. This debate is silly.

Amen and a muted hallelujah.

It's not silly at all. Jagielka is a shit captain on the pitch, he's never involved. We need a John Terry or Gerrard type captain to propel us forward, we don't need a captain like Jagielka.

It's not silly at all. Jagielka is a shit captain on the pitch, he's never involved. We need a John Terry or Gerrard type captain to propel us forward, we don't need a captain like Jagielka.

id rather lead with integrity than revert to cheating cunt mode

id rather lead with integrity than revert to cheating cunt mode

I don't care about that, I'm sick of having integrity- good old Everton, nice club but win fuck all, get any decent players we have taken from us and a nice little pat on the head for our troubles.

Fuck that, I want us at the top of the table dry bumming the likes of City and Chelsea and raping and pillaging their squads at will.

Sick of being plucky little Everton.

I don't care about that, I'm sick of having integrity- good old Everton, nice club but win fuck all, get any decent players we have taken from us and a nice little pat on the head for our troubles.

Fuck that, I want us at the top of the table dry bumming the likes of City and Chelsea and raping and pillaging their squads at will.

Have you been watching too many viking films lately?

I agree we need a on field captain that is forceful and driven, but I think you need a club captain who is a mentor and reflects the values of the club.

battering the opposition is of course the ideal, but you don't need a prick of a captain to achieve that.

Integrity is what makes Everton different. I absolutely don't want to sacrifice that.

Have you been watching too many viking films lately?

I agree we need a on field captain that is forceful and driven, but I think you need a club captain who is a mentor and reflects the values of the club.

Just re-watched GoT series 6 again in preperation for the new series :lol:

battering the opposition is of course the ideal, but you don't need a prick of a captain to achieve that.

Integrity is what makes Everton different. I absolutely don't want to sacrifice that.

It's also the reason we never win any more- we have nobody with that winning mentality, that win at all costs or die trying type of player.

I'm not arsed about integrity, I want trophies and Jagielka needs launching as captain because he has zilch of any of that.