Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Moussa Dembele (the striker)

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Also, we need another striker if for no other reason than to give DCL a rest. He was running on empty today and it showed. 

I agree - I still want him to get plenty of opportunities but with much better options ahead of him - it’d probably act as motivation to the lad.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

All the more need to have a clinical striker or a striker who can make something from nothing if we’re not creating a lot.

I remember in the first half today (around 35th min) we had built a rare attack which broke down as it went to DCL in the box with his back to goal. I like DCL but moments like that show how much development he still needs and how we desperately need better.

i mentioned that exact moment in the match day thread.  half a chance and it bounces off him,  rom had a better first touch than that :rofl:

13 minutes ago, scouse said:

i would take him - we could probably offload a fringe player or 2 the other way aswell.

David Henan would probably score about 50 a season up there so he can be part of the deal!

Drivel coming from the source that shall never be linked suggesting that Diafra Sakho was considered as a swap with Mirallas but his injury record is poor. 

Dembele is on Everton's radar but they are keen on learning if other clubs are interested in the player. I don't think they want to be dragged into a bidding war on him.