Barkley Lukaku mirallas

Davies rotate with klaassen

Barry rotate with Morgan

McCarthy and besic to rotate with gana

Sandro rotate anywhere across front 3

Bolasie and lookman to rotate with mirallas or barkley

433 Barca Dutch style . Morgan lies deep, other 2 mids more advanced

Edited by markjazzbassist

In a 433 my starting 3 in the middle would be Davies Schneiderlin and Klaassen.

For me playing Gana and Schneiderlin together becomes to defensive and we struggle to create, they are both very much holding midfielders so together it becomes very negative.

With Davies you have a lad who presses well and takes the game to them, admittedly not the finished article, but if he gets the opportunities I think it will be a big season for him, and he could turn out to be big player for us.

From the OP list.

I see McCarthy being sold. Barry hardly playing. Don't think Barkley will be here, nor Sigurddson coming in.

So that would leave.

CM/DM: Davies / Morgan / Gueye / Barry

AM: Klaassen

LAM: Lookman / Mirallas

RAM: Deulofeu / Bolasie (who has been missed off by the OP! - £28m winger :o)

So we still need central attacking options IMO. IF Barkley stays, he fills that role.

Pickford

Defender - Defender - Defender - Defender

Morgan - Gueye

Klaassen

Mirallas - Striker - Bolasie

Edited by Lowensda

• 2 years later...

gomes - out for season

gbamin - should be coming back soon or like now?

delph - he will always be injured, it's his nature, i was against this signing and this is why.

gylfi - was ill i think he will be back and fine.

davies - fit and playing already

beni - fit and ready to go, i'd like to see more of him

i really hope gbamin is fit soon and ready to play, i think he could offer a lot as a CM.

2 hours ago, DavisJD said:

December 2019.

The Everton midfield is depleted.

What is the answer in January.

Recruit, or wait on the injuries?

My view is Gomes is 12 months from fully match fit, and 18 months from the player we love.

We need another star.

The way I look at this is if we are trying to get into the top 4, which is good enough week in week out to play at that level. We aren't bringing in Ancellotti to keep us below that level. 

1.Siggy is but he is at the wrong end of his career 

2. Gomes is on the cusp but he has too many bad games to be properly at that level and who knows how he will come back.

3. Schneiderlin isn't. 

4. Davies isn't. 

5. Gbamin is an unknown.

6. Delph isn't. 

7. Beni isn't.  

8. Besic isn't. 

9. No-one else is.

I would like to think we will go out and recruit and start moving on those who don't have a chance, with the exception of Davies who is a handy player to have around.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i know you don't rate him ste.  it's ok.  he's still young.

It’s not that I don’t rate him. I’ve watched every minute that he’s played for the first team, I don’t understand how anyone can rate him? I’ve got no opinion of the lad at all because he’s done nothing to show me he’s good or bad, other than one big tackle really. His managers haven’t rated him enough to play him, they see him every day. I don’t get how anyone can think he’s ready for the first team when the guys who make that decision don’t think the same. 

I love the positivity you have around the young players Mark, maybe that’s due to the massive influence of the drafts in the US showing prospects make it, but in the premier league it just doesn’t happen. The fact we have Tom Davies in our first team bucks the trend. Most of them (95% the last time I saw a stat) don’t make it at top level. Even DCL, we bought him, players rarely come through and make it in the PL.
If a player gets to 21, like Beni, and isn’t pushing for a first team place chances are it’s too late. 

On 18/12/2019 at 17:42, Bailey said:

The way I look at this is if we are trying to get into the top 4, which is good enough week in week out to play at that level. We aren't bringing in Ancellotti to keep us below that level. 

1.Siggy is but he is at the wrong end of his career 

2. Gomes is on the cusp but he has too many bad games to be properly at that level and who knows how he will come back.

3. Schneiderlin isn't. 

4. Davies isn't. 

5. Gbamin is an unknown.

6. Delph isn't. 

7. Beni isn't.  

8. Besic isn't. 

9. No-one else is.

I would like to think we will go out and recruit and start moving on those who don't have a chance, with the exception of Davies who is a handy player to have around.

At what point in his career has Sigurdsson ever been good enough for Top 4?? 

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

I love the positivity you have around the young players Mark, maybe that’s due to the massive influence of the drafts in the US showing prospects make it, but in the premier league it just doesn’t happen. The fact we have Tom Davies in our first team bucks the trend. Most of them (95% the last time I saw a stat) don’t make it at top level. Even DCL, we bought him, players rarely come through and make it in the PL.
If a player gets to 21, like Beni, and isn’t pushing for a first team place chances are it’s too late. 

Apart from all the academy graduates playing for Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd right now. Even Spurs have two in Kane and Winks, Liverpool one in Alexander-Arnold. So not sure how Davies 'bucks the trend'. 

It’s been evident for a number of years we needed a box to box midfielder with an eye for goal. Obviously there isn’t many about and they cost mega dough. The shite don’t rotate massively if they are the bench mark so gilfi, Morgan would be moved on if possible to get a quality midfielder. Let’s face it Carlo must know so many players after managing the top clubs 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Apart from all the academy graduates playing for Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd right now. Even Spurs have two in Kane and Winks, Liverpool one in Alexander-Arnold. So not sure how Davies 'bucks the trend'. 

So each team has 20 or so lads in the under 23s team, one player making it into the first team from that is a tiny minority. If we didn’t have so many injured midfielders we wouldn’t even have Davies playing. 
How many prospects have we had that have made it in the last 20 years? Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley and Davies? If one player makes it that’s great but it’s not the norm. 

If Chelsea didn’t have a transfer ban these kids don’t get in their team. United have Rashford, but would the others get in if they weren’t so all over the place? Liverpool are the best team in the league and they have one, just one. Spurs bucked the trend due to the great work Poch did. 
City have Foden, that kid is an exceptional talent and hopefully he makes it, but they don’t have more of them lined up. 
Kids don’t come through in the premier league at any decent rate.