While I am sure the money men will think £20m is good for a 30 year old striker, I'd be very disappointed to see Giroud go. He has qualities that none of the other strikers we have have.

yep, we would love him here. are you in the kroenke out brigade? with usmanov unable to be on the board, i sure as hell would be.

I like it when you cry it in. Happens when you say it won't.

I'm frantically trying to cry this one in- been crying it in in work, to the kids, on here and to anyone else who'll listen. Even my poor wife who has zero interested in football has had me whining.

Come on Everton and Oliver- prove me wrong, I can take the fallout if you do ???

Its not over until the fat lady sings. Probably just Wenger pushing the price up. If they want to get a decent pay for Giroud he needs to be sold this summer.

If he stays and sits on the bench they knock 10-15 mil off his value.

I just don't think they'll want to sell him to us and I doubt very much he'll agitate for a move to us either.

Something in them not wanting to sell to us.

With everything going on, they wouldn't want to be seen as a selling club, especially with their backers tipping in coin here.

Added that theoretically we are set to be challenging them to break into the top four this season I doubt they would be wanting to help us get any stronger.

Would take Giroud and Walcott for £50 million, pace and power.

Would like both here and 50m would be a good price for both.

Giroud is the one I would love to see here. We were screaming out for a big guy the other night.

Walcott has the pace we lack, with our control and his pace we would have a devastating attack, we need a striker as well to be the focal point, someone who will stay in the penalty box and be a genuine goal threat.

Giroud would be pretty much perfect for us: lots of experience from the PL, good in air, good distribution, good finisher. Of course he's getting on & is not quick, but players who tick all the boxes aren't available to us.

Walcott has the pace we lack, with our control and his pace we would have a devastating attack, we need a striker as well to be the focal point, someone who will stay in the penalty box and be a genuine goal threat.

I agree, but I fear TW has just had too many injuries

The only reason I wouldn't want him would be my inability to not blow my brains out after the billionth time one of you calls him "Oliver."

He would give us a great option up front, put a real twist to our attack.

We have all this money now and people are talking about signing James Collins and Theo Walcott... madness

ifWalcott is fit, i think he's a cracking player.

Besides, having a load a cash doesn't mean we can buy whomever we want

Usian Bolt has the pace we lack but I wouldn't want him snapped up for £30m.

ifWalcott is fit, i think he's a cracking player.

Besides, having a load a cash doesn't mean we can buy whomever we want

There are so many players across the leagues that are far superI or to Walcott. I would actually argue he isn't much better than we already have. Inconsistent, injury prone and positionless.

There are so many players across the leagues that are far superI or to Walcott. I would actually argue he isn't much better than we already have. Inconsistent, injury prone and positionless.

i meant that the if was IF he's fit. It's the reason for the inconsistency and lack of defined position.

Again, there are better players but would they come?

No its not. He isn't a winger and he isn't good enough to play up front on his own. That's why he is positionless.

Yep I expect there are quite a few that would.

agree to disagree then if you're going to be so absolute about it :lol:

Just curious, who would come?

Did Ross do the same last season? I guess it's hard to tell.

Aiden, I'm trying my best not to get disappointed over this mate, he could be filmed in a pair of Everton undies and I'd still be in denial. Leave me to my mindless gibbering on this one eh. Ta ?

Aiden, I'm trying my best not to get disappointed over this mate, he could be filmed in a pair of Everton undies and I'd still be in denial. Leave me to my mindless gibbering on this one eh. Ta ?

He's signed on a 4 year deal

He does look a bit forlorn, but I don't understand why he played the full 90 if he were really off.

Yep strange one, guess we will have to wait and see. It has been quiet for awhile now maybe it has fizzled out. On the flip side though,I can't recall us being linked with any other target man since.

Today showed how much we could use him.

Said it in the other thread, but I think a consistent rotation of him and DCL starting alongside Sandro is exactly what our attack needs.

A target man next to a speedy, crafty foil. Give DCL some time to develop while utilizing Giroud in the twilight of his prime.