Not starting for Arsenal today, hope that this transfer may still be alive?

Beat me to it.

Surly he can't be happy being 3/4th choice striker, if that's the case.

We are desperate for a striker with these big games coming up. Dembele for me. Giroud I just can't see.

If we got Demeble he wouldn't be able to play in said big games as he's out injured till September

I think he'd fit perfectly but it doesn't seem like he's on the radar of any PL clubs.

Perhaps because he has said that he does not want to leave? I dont think Everton are after him either. Lost hope of that :(

Think Welbeck is our target now which would be awful

Perhaps because he has said that he does not want to leave? I dont think Everton are after him either. Lost hope of that :(

Think Welbeck is our target now which would be awful

Not sure if would be worse watching Welbeck playing or constantly injured for Everton. No thanks.

It actually worries me that

a) we let Lukaku go without having the replacement forward sorted

b )the season starts today and we are no closer to signing one

With Sanchez all but gone I can't see Arsenal letting him go.

It actually worries me that

a) we let Lukaku go without having the replacement forward sorted

b )the season starts today and we are no closer to signing one

With Sanchez all but gone I can't see Arsenal letting him go.

Maybe Giroud wants to join but also wants to see what place he is likely to have in his current squad before the window closes.

Or maybe we have switched targets and are close to signing another CF.

I'll be surprised if by the end of the window we done sign a target man.

Not sure if would be worse watching Welbeck playing or constantly injured for Everton. No thanks.

Well he's been Arsenal's best player tonight so I don't think we'll see him in an Everton shirt any time soon!

Well he's been Arsenal's best player tonight so I don't think we'll see him in an Everton shirt any time soon!

It's a common lazy opinion to think welbeck isn't a good footballer.

Hes an absolute pest to defenders. I said in the other thread that he's looked really sharp tonight.

If you could get him fit regularly then he's a top player.

Giroud coming on now....

It's a common lazy opinion to think welbeck isn't a good footballer.

Hes an absolute pest to defenders. I said in the other thread that he's looked really sharp tonight.

If you could get him fit regularly then he's a top player.

Giroud coming on now....

He's got everything but unfortunately been marred by injuries - I really rate him. Think England have really missed him too.

He changed the game and is the reason Arsenal won. Can't see them selling him, he's the ultimate super sub, he does it time and time again for them. How many points does he win them every season doing this?

Really surprised how he was able to get in behind a couple of times with really well timed runs.

If we had him and Sandro as our 2 strikers it would be great. But then you have Rooney as well.

Wenger just now: " "I love the man and the player. He's a fantastic guy and he's committed. He doesn't want to leave and I'm happy he wants to stay. At one stage I opened the door for him as I knew I had many strikers, and in the end he decided to stay."

At one point he was considering moving.

He has scored a few winning goals in recent matches and received high praise from his manager.

Like it or not Wenger has done a great job with him.

At one point he was considering moving.

He has scored a few winning goals in recent matches and received high praise from his manager.

Like it or not Wenger has done a great job with him.

Considering moving, maybe, but he was never coming to Everton.

I wouldn't be against signing him on a short contract while we search for a long term player. He can score goals and has the experience to drop straight in.

I honestly struggle to see who we can get at the moment.

Why would he sign a short-term contract unless it's totally ridiculous money (in which case we might just as well sign him for longer on lower wages)?

Because we are in need of a goal scorer.

Don't get me wrong, I only mean if we can't get our targets in.

But I do think he would be better than struggling with what we have at the moment.

Obviously this is a last resort if for some reason we struggle to get our proffered in.

Im not a big watcher of European football so realistically the only players I want are dolberg, dembele and vardy in that order

I would rather have Brett Angel make a comeback and play for us rather than Vardy, the man's a complete tw*t.

I don't want benteke because he's had an Achilles injury.

Tremendous in the air though - up there with giroud in that perspective.

Still managed 15 goals in a struggling squad last year though mate, I think he's recovered well.

I wouldn't mind him as a last resort, however id prefer not to see another bone idle front man.

On top of that if palace paid 30m for him last season how much would they ask for him now?

that Benteke keeps getting mentioned. It's just insane.

It's crazy fucked up world, Trump is the president of the USA, we voted for Brexit with no plan, the leader of the Labour Party who is a cross between OB1 Kenobi and sad sack from the raggy dolls. The leader of the Tories has the emotional intelligence of a potato, and the leader of North Korea is a psychopath trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Compared to that, being linked to Benteke is quiet sane.

Funny isn't it....

Some players get absolutely pelted despite actually not being that bad... quite the contrary - some pretty bloody good.

Welbeck and giroud are 2 for starters- probably due to discontent amongst arsenal fans that they aren't clones of Thierry Henry.

Look at bentekes record... it's nothing short of prolific. And he is a bloody good target man which is what I believe we need with sigurdsson in the side to maximise our impact.

Yep he's a lazy bastard... and that is where I have issues with him.

Funny isn't it....

Some players get absolutely pelted despite actually not being that bad... quite the contrary - some pretty bloody good.

Welbeck and giroud are 2 for starters- probably due to discontent amongst arsenal fans that they aren't clones of Thierry Henry.

Look at bentekes record... it's nothing short of prolific. And he is a bloody good target man which is what I believe we need with sigurdsson in the side to maximise our impact.

Yep he's a lazy bastard... and that is where I have issues with him.

Haha. Defending a player with a prolific record who's a little bit lazy.

We need a target man, feel free to suggest anyone else that will reasltically come to Everton that's proven and likely to score 15+ goals.

I'm not a scout, but I can dismiss people I've seen over many years as poor. Benteke looked very promising until his injury, since then hasn't looked anything near what we need.

The only "target man" I've seen us linked with and was excited by was Dzeko. Since I haven't watched all the leagues, all the time, anymore, I'm not really in the position to suggest people

Well he didn't defend him really did he.

He said that's where he has a problem with him.....

It's ok Haf, I got your back.... now everyone back off!

I see you got really excited there as usual... so much so you kinda missed the bit where I said

"Yep He's a lazy bastard and that's where I have my issues with him"

If you wish to continue duelling with me then at least read my posts properly before trying to point score.

I see you got really excited there as usual... so much so you kinda missed the bit where I said

"Yep He's a lazy bastard and that's where I have my issues with him"

If you wish to continue duelling with me then at least read my posts properly before trying to point score.

So sensitive, haf. Didn't miss it at all. Even referred to it. I just really like the irony of the previous three lines that defend him, especially the language of, "Some players get absolutely pelted despite actually not being that bad," then going on to defend his prolific record.

Just amazed you don't see the irony.

Well he didn't defend him really did he.

He said that's where he has a problem with him.....

It's ok Haf, I got your back.... now everyone back off!

Ah missed this whilst I was constructing my post.

NyBlue is a bit like blue250 "lite".... he's got me nailed as his go to target on this forum.

Ah missed this whilst I was constructing my post.

NyBlue is a bit like blue250 "lite".... he's got me nailed as his go to target on this forum.

Nah I just think hypocrisy and self-aggrandizement are particularly funny on an internet forum.

So sensitive, haf. Didn't miss it at all. Even referred to it. I just really like the irony of the previous three lines that defend him, especially the language of, "Some players get absolutely pelted despite actually not being that bad," then going on to defend his prolific record.

Just amazed you don't see the irony.

Hmmm nope... first off I'm not so sensitive. Not sure how my post has given you that impression.

Benteke is a supposed £25-£35m striker - a third of the cost of our former striker (£60m cheaper).....

Is he £60m worse? No... not at all. He's a better target man, better in the air, a pretty good finisher, better at holding up the ball but not near athletically as gifted.... which let's be honest was often wasted on lukaku due to his economical ways with his energy expenditure.

In many ways benteke is more suited to our style of play. He is similar to giroud and pele who koeman used to good effect.

How am I being hypocritical when I clearly stated that benteke is a lazy sod and I have issues with that? You will have to enlighten me.