IGNORED

Theo Walcott

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

Give some info on your opinion Mark. 

He’s injured too much for my liking.  Plus I think 20m is too much for what he offers.  Wants to be a CF but he’s not big enough and in a Sam side he wouldn’t work there.  On the wings I just think he offers pace but he’s not a great crosser so again not a good fit for sam.  Good link up play but that’s not how we are playing (through the middle).  Lastly he’s overhyped because he’s english (see wilshere, Welbeck, Hart, etc). 

With sanchez and ozil and Ramsey and cazorla he looks great, we don’t have that creativity though.  So I think he benefits from great players around him making him look better than he is.

Good news, just what we need. A creative player that can also finish.

We lack pace in this team. And we play a defensive game, so having a pact player that break away and either create or finish is just what we need.

I live the way we are signing young players, but we also need a few solid seniors who are PL proven, and Walcott fits that profile.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He’s injured too much for my liking.  Plus I think 20m is too much for what he offers.  Wants to be a CF but he’s not big enough and in a Sam side he wouldn’t work there.  On the wings I just think he offers pace but he’s not a great crosser so again not a good fit for sam.  Good link up play but that’s not how we are playing (through the middle).  Lastly he’s overhyped because he’s english (see wilshere, Welbeck, Hart, etc). 

With sanchez and ozil and Ramsey and cazorla he looks great, we don’t have that creativity though.  So I think he benefits from great players around him making him look better than he is.

That’s the info I was looking for! I disagree, but fair enough mate. I get the injury thing, I don’t think he’s over rated because I don’t think he’s very highly rated anyway, not since being a teenager at least. 

I’ve always thought he could be great in a big man little man combo, not that I’d expect us to play two up front. 

Taking out that I just think he's pretty crap, I still don't want him.

His only asset (as far as I'm concerned) is his pace, and at his age that's something that's going to drop off very soon. Meh. He's also a brainless fucking oaf, so he can run like the wind but his crosses are usually gone with the wind too.

We should be looking at younger, more hungry to prove themselves, players. Yes, players looking to use us as a stepping stone, if you like. Players are welcome to do that because, while we'll lose some of them along the way to "bigger" clubs, but we'll also improve meaning we can hold on to more of them.

Walcott isn'tt hungry, he's already fat enough (not literally).

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

His only asset (as far as I'm concerned) is his pace, and at his age that's something that's going to drop off very soon. Meh. He's also a brainless fucking oaf, so he can run like the wind but his crosses are usually gone with the wind too.

We should be looking at younger, more hungry to prove themselves, players. Yes, players looking to use us as a stepping stone, if you like. Players are welcome to do that because, while we'll lose some of them along the way to "bigger" clubs, but we'll also improve meaning we can hold on to more of them.

Walcott isn'ttt hungry, he's already fat enough (not literally).

He might see it as a chance to stake a claim at the World Cup. 

Walcott on his day is a very good player, a big upgrade on Lennon in the attacking sense. £20m nowadays is still a little on the high side for a sicknote who's not played regularly for a while (I think?), but I'd still be happy to get have him here

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Walcott isn'ttt hungry, he's already fat enough (not literally).

Exactly this. I have never seen Walcott be creative. He is simply Aaron Lennon with better finishing but worse defensively. Vlasic is already a better player.

Spending  £20mil on him is way way too much as well. If he was cheap and worth a long shot I'd get it but that' a crazy price. 

If he was really hungry to play he would go to somewhere like Soton where he will start every week. If he comes to us he is balancing pay with potential playing time.

Walcott annoys the shit out of me.  He's one of the first 'post modern' players.

By that I mean he's one of first of those players who are fast, strong, technically superb, but have virtually no football brain; no real idea when or where to dribble, when to cross, no instinct on how to hurt the opposition, no instinct, no obvious passion for the game.  He'd be better off fannying around at Leicester Square doing free football skills to tourists.

I don't want him here.

Seen 30m quoted on the BBC. No fucking thank you. Don't want another top four reject, he's not a CF and winger is not a position we should be prioritising atm. We already have Bolasie and Lennon, and I'd rather give Vlasic and Lookman a good go than waste another huge sum of money on a player who has flattered to deceive his whole career

45 minutes ago, nogs said:

Seen 30m quoted on the BBC. No fucking thank you. Don't want another top four reject, he's not a CF and winger is not a position we should be prioritising atm. We already have Bolasie and Lennon, and I'd rather give Vlasic and Lookman a good go than waste another huge sum of money on a player who has flattered to deceive his whole career

Saw that too. Half of that will be fine, but even £20m was pushing it