IGNORED

Theo Walcott

12 minutes ago, seve said:

can not get excited by this, has not improved in his time at arsenal, he will try hard for 6 months to get in the England squad then next season be a bench warmer.

See this as a panic buy, we are not going to do anything this season so we should have waited till the summer. with bolasie on his way back and vlasic and lennon

Why do we need him. 

We need him because we are slow. 

He is fast and scores goals. 19 last year playing out wide and in the middle...

£20m.... No brainer and well worth the risk. 

108 - Theo Walcott has been involved in 108 Premier League goals for Arsenal (65 goals, 43 assists) - the fifth most for the club in the competition, after @ThierryHenry (249), Dennis Bergkamp (181), @Persie_Official (135) & @IanWright0 (123). Farewell. pic.twitter.com/HGrdTv3u3R

Not bad company that, for anyone who's not excited about him joining. 

My only concern is his injury record. But if he can stay fit, we'll have a hungry and capable player on our hands. Whether our "manager" chooses to actually play him in a position that gets the best out of him, is another question entirely #Siggyaintnowinger

Just now, captainbeaker said:

interesting that it's taking so long, is there an issue with personal terms?

Just now, Gwlad all over said:

I thought he was signing this morning. Not another protracted transfer, surely?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11210090/theo-walcott-passes-everton-medical-and-agrees-personal-terms-ahead-of-move-from-arsenal

Probably just making sure we haven't spelled his name wrong in the club shop ;) 

I haven’t seen any speculation on length of proposed contract.  Maybe 3 1/2 years, Jan 2018-June 2021?

He’ll be 29 at the time of Russia WC and 31 at the time of EURO 2020.  Presumably he hopes to play regulalry and extremely well for us right away, hoping to nick a spot for England in the WC.

If he doesn’t get picked for WC, will he be discouraged and go downhill, or will he be even more determined to make 2020 squad?

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

We need him because we are slow. 

He is fast and scores goals. 19 last year playing out wide and in the middle...

£20m.... No brainer and well worth the risk. 

This bit concerns me no pace no player injury prone could be another Michael owen after his problems,every ones quoting what he has done in the past im only concerned about now.

He can not get in there 2nd team, he is behind people who disobey club rules, something is wrong with this deal,not seen anything recent that says take a punt.

Seve every player has an injury record his most recent and prolonged ones being calf stains which have rarely had a long term negative impact on a players ability, if he'd been under the knife multiple times with ligament damage and such then I'd be worried 

Clearly you're not a fan but to suggest something with the deal isn'tt right is no offence just rambling pure bollocks imo 

The lad has proven if kept fit he will get you goals and assists the stats don't lie 

2 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Seve every player has an injury record his most recent and prolonged ones being calf stains which have rarely had a long term negative impact on a players ability, if he'd been under the knife multiple times with ligament damage and such then I'd be worried 

Clearly you're not a fan but to suggest something with the deal isn'ttt right is no offence just rambling pure bollocks imo 

The lad has proven if kept fit he will get you goals and assists the stats don't lie 

Lets not go down that path...

7 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Gooner here in peace. Thought you may be interested in what you’re getting for your £20m?

Walcott really has been poor for the past few seasons and this year has been totally out of favour. That said he is a 1in 5 chances striker and now has motivation again to try and claim a WC spot.

Will he fit in to a Fat Sam team? Well he doesnt track back and is very lightweight so perhaps not what Sam is traditionally known for.

All in all I have to say I’m glad we sold him but under a manager that pushes him rather than Wenger and the Colney crèche I would think he would improve.

I don’t think he will be earth shattering  and would pin him as an Aaron Lennon but with a few more goals in him.

Happy to answer any questions you may have if you’re interested in the opinion of someone watching him up close the last 12 years.

A Gooner that obviously doesn't rate him. I'm not 100% sure what we're getting. What I do know though is he's got quality when he wants to show it. These signings do however feel like Villa/Newcastle signings before the real shitstotms when they went down 

Honestly, I don’t rate him very highly and am glad we got £20m+ for him, but he will do a job for you guys and under a tactical manager I would expect some improvements. He’s been coasting on his £140k a week for too long and this might be the making of him

The way I see it is just as Pad said, upgrade on Mirrallas.

I didn't think this would happen to be fair so didn't think about it at great lengths.

He'll improve our squad, no doubt. He'll add what we need and allow the likes of Lookman and Vlasic more time to learn their game.

Now, if we have a proper striker up top (Tosun), a fully fit Bolsie and Walcott on the wings, Gylfi inbetween, Rooney bang in the centre mid....and we still struggle to shoot and/or score....then someone at the club needs a serious hard dry bum fuck.

Great to have him here. Always been a fan and even now I’m getting texts from a few Gooners saying they are gutted to let him go.

A lot of fans blame Wenger for his usage of him. They also point out his record while there.

A proven premier league player. International goal scorer from wide for 20m. Good business.

I also lived Tosuns comments. Having a pact wide player that can finish, up top along a strong hard working forward, it’s going to work I tell ya!