IGNORED

Theo Walcott

Both Allardyce and Walcott speak of Walcott as wanting to rejuvenate his career.  Approaching 29, he’s in his prime age-wise, but not necessarily performance-wise.  It’s all a maybe at the moment of signing.

The 3 1/2 year contract does seem a decent bet by Everton, for the reason I mentioned above: Walcott is not solely interested in helping a club with “ambitions.”  He’s equally, and understandably, ambitious - more like desperate - to find a spot in England’s WC squad.  And whether he does or does not quite make it, he will retain ambition to find a spot in the EURO 2020 squad.  So offering a contract past 2020 makes sense.

The hope all around - player, teammates, club, fans - is that this gamble is wise rather than desperate.

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Seve every player has an injury record his most recent and prolonged ones being calf stains which have rarely had a long term negative impact on a players ability, if he'd been under the knife multiple times with ligament damage and such then I'd be worried 

Clearly you're not a fan but to suggest something with the deal isn'ttt right is no offence just rambling pure bollocks imo 

The lad has proven if kept fit he will get you goals and assists the stats don't lie 

Now thats he has signed i will be cheering with the rest of you, still have not changed my mind on him, and no need to get angry its only an opinion that clearly does not agree with you.

10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Walcott needs games. He needs a manager to show faith in him again and he needs to prove himself worthy of an England call up again.

I think it will work out for him at Everton. God knows we need someone who will have a strike at goal. Our defensive issues are partly caused by our inability to mount an attack and that encourages the opposition to go forward and attack with impunity.

Fans should absolutely be criticized for turning their nose up at Walcott. Who on earth do they think we are going to sign? Aubameyang? Ridiculous at times.

I for one welcome Walcott to the side and hope he can regain some form as quickly as possible.

If Walcott plays down the right as he suggested, our defence down the right hand side will suffer as he won't chip in.

I don't see too many people simply turning their nose up at Walcott. Most of the views on here seem to be that he isn'tt going to help us have more shots on goal or more chances. He might have a great goal scoring record for Arsenal but they create more chances than most teams in Europe. If we can create the chances for him he will be a good signing but if we can't we are in the same position as we were before.

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Just had a meeting with an arsenal fan.... He's gutted to lose him.   Much prefers walcott to owobi. 

Loads of pace, good finisher 1 on 1. Can' create his own chances but neither could our previous top scorer. 

I work with about 5 Arsenal fans and most are laughing their nuts off. He scores but does little else to effect the team. 

Imo we need team players more than a player like Walcott. 

Having said all that, he is here now and I hope he and Sam prove me wrong and can get him in position to put the ball into the back of the net. 

He's a good player in a team that have good possession of the ball that build up from the back with players that keep the ball on the ground and spend more time in the opponent's half, unless Allardyce is buying players to change his style of football and going for a more ball on the ground possession style with the emphasis on ball retention and more attacking, other wise I can see Walcott struggling in this Everton team where we set up to defend sit to deep and revert to long punts up the field, I don't think that will suit him and he could easily find it hard to get into game if isn'tt getting ball to feet that's what he's use to, like I said good player wrong manager for what he's used to.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is silly. Vlasic and Lookman are both barely 20. This spells no trouble for them at all. Neither is a wonderkid, but they're both obviously skilled players who can learn from a winger of Walcott's experience and take that role in 2-3 years. They're not polished enough yet to turn a team's fortunes around, as Walcott can hopefully contribute in such an effort. They'll be just fine.

4 hours ago, seve said:

This bit concerns me no pace no player injury prone could be another Michael owen after his problems,every ones quoting what he has done in the past im only concerned about now.

He can not get in there 2nd team, he is behind people who disobey club rules, something is wrong with this deal,not seen anything recent that says take a punt.

The medical will have checked that he ain't broken seve. Don't worry about that.

His pace is still there.

1 hour ago, seve said:

Now thats he has signed i will be cheering with the rest of you, still have not changed my mind on him, and no need to get angry its only an opinion that clearly does not agree with you.

Far from angry as said no offence the reason I said it is you've insinuated something isn'tt right with the deal that's not opinion that's speculative and out there not the fact you don't rate him 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Walcott? Are you joking?

I'll reply to both mine and Hafs as I haven't a clue how to double quote 😄

Both have predominantly been used as wide men for Arsenal which is the only way you can form any basis and at times through the middle so in terms of position they are basically like for like 

Yes he is, he's slightly quicker has much better ball control has a far better goal to game ratio and assists the only department Chamberlain beats him in is physicality 

Nine times out of ten Chamberlain is a headless chicken who fluffs a step over and hits a worldie once in a blue moon. He's probably more similar to Bolasie than I'd like to admit 

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

The way I see it is just as Pad said, upgrade on Mirrallas.

I didn't think this would happen to be fair so didn't think about it at great lengths.

He'll improve our squad, no doubt. He'll add what we need and allow the likes of Lookman and Vlasic more time to learn their game.

Now, if we have a proper striker up top (Tosun), a fully fit Bolsie and Walcott on the wings, Gylfi inbetween, Rooney bang in the centre mid....and we still struggle to shoot and/or score....then someone at the club needs a serious hard dry bum fuck.

Are you offering to hand that out. As in spreading cheeks and dry bumming the anus off one of or all of current board members? Is it your penchant?!?

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'll reply to both mine and Hafs as I haven't a clue how to double quote 😄

Both have predominantly been used as wide men for Arsenal which is the only way you can form any basis and at times through the middle so in terms of position they are basically like for like 

Yes he is, he's slightly quicker has much better ball control has a far better goal to game ratio and assists the only department Chamberlain beats him in is physicality 

Nine times out of ten Chamberlain is a headless chicken who fluffs a step over and hits a worldie once in a blue moon. He's probably more similar to Bolasie than I'd like to admit 

In every single aspect of the game bar finishing and speed, Chamberlain is a better player. He is a better passer, he reads the game far better, he is more aware defensively, his movement is smarter (albeit Walcott is decent there too). 

Chamberlain had completely stagnated at Arsenal and I was amazed Liverpool paid what they did for him but he is starting to show really top form again, far better than anything Walcott could dream of. Influencing every part of the game. I just hope that Walcott shows the same rejuvenation!

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

In every single aspect of the game bar finishing and speed, Chamberlain is a better player. He is a better passer, he reads the game far better, he is more aware defensively, his movement is smarter (albeit Walcott is decent there too). 

Chamberlain had completely stagnated at Arsenal and I was amazed Liverpool paid what they did for him but he is starting to show really top form again, far better than anything Walcott could dream of. Influencing every part of the game. I just hope that Walcott shows the same rejuvenation!

I see it that they're two attacking players, one has an end product the other one doesn't. I'd rather have the one with the end product no matter what the ability level of the other player

As for oxlade performing well at Liverpool, I'm not so sure we can say he's in any kind of consistent form. He hasn't played well for the shite most of the season and a few good games doesn't make them better than a player who statically has far better ratios than him.

41 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I see it that they're two attacking players, one has an end product the other one doesn't. I'd rather have the one with the end product no matter what the ability level of the other player

As for oxlade performing well at Liverpool, I'm not so sure we can say he's in any kind of consistent form. He hasn't played well for the shite most of the season and a few good games doesn't make them better than a player who statically has far better ratios than him.

Agree 

He's been very average overall and I don't actually think he's a bad player, had a good game against City but has looked poor at times the amount of montage clips of him fucking up already in such a short time is frightening 

Could do well under Klopp though but I'd rather Walcott all day over him tbh