IGNORED

Theo Walcott

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

In every single aspect of the game bar finishing and speed, Chamberlain is a better player. He is a better passer, he reads the game far better, he is more aware defensively, his movement is smarter (albeit Walcott is decent there too). 

Chamberlain had completely stagnated at Arsenal and I was amazed Liverpool paid what they did for him but he is starting to show really top form again, far better than anything Walcott could dream of. Influencing every part of the game. I just hope that Walcott shows the same rejuvenation!

Every single aspect? Is that why Walcott has a far better assists to game ratio as well? The biggest thing Ox has on Walcott is youth.

8 hours ago, Gooner said:

I don’t think he will be earth shattering  and would pin him as an Aaron Lennon but with a few more goals in him.

8 hours ago, MC11 said:

I'm not 100% sure what we're getting. What I do know though is he's got quality when he wants to show it.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

no he’s not good enough for a top 6 side but we are fucking light years away from being a top 6 side.

These are the comments that resonate with me. He has the potential to re-establish his presence in the league, but who knows whether he will. The depressing part, though, is that, at the start of the season, Arsenal was the top team we expected to soar above in the table, and now we're buying their cast-offs. It says that, for the moment, any ambition has all but evaporated, and we're looking to consolidate ourselves as a mid-table team. Gone, until Crooked Sam leaves, are any hopes of becoming regulars in Europe. Our hope is to become boringly average.

Let's hope all that changes in the summer: new manager, new ambition, new strategy. Ironically, it might take a new manager to get the best out of Walcott - but please prove me wrong, Theo, by scoring a few goals. :)

18 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Every single aspect? Is that why Walcott has a far better assists to game ratio as well? The biggest thing Ox has on Walcott is youth.

I have watched them both as footballers and there is a reason one played a lot more for Arsenal & England recently and there is a reason why one got a move to a top 4 club and why the other had midtable / relegation teams after him. 

I bet if you asked any pro who they would rather play alongside, Ox would win every time!

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

I have watched them both as footballers and there is a reason one played a lot more for Arsenal & England recently and there is a reason why one got a move to a top 4 club and why the other had midtable / relegation teams after him. 

I bet if you asked any pro who they would rather play alongside, Ox would win every time!

Walcott scored 19 in 29 games last year. Am I missing something?! 

I'm quite excited to see what Walcott is made of. Never been his biggest fan, but in truth never really watched closely enough to fairly judge. Great stats, albeit in a better, more attack-minded team. Not sure hoofing it to Tosun and expecting Walcott to pick up scraps will suit him. Be good for Rooney to have some pace and movement in front of him. COYB

30 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Good to see Seamus in there with the lads 👍

I put in another thread he's 8/1 to make the World Cup squad and I think he very well could, the lad has the tools to do very well here and make a big impact he just needs to stay fit and healthy 

if he couldn't get in whilst at a London club then im afraid he has no chance being at Everton. The England set up fucking hate us.

3 hours ago, mcirony said:

Walcott scored 19 in 29 games last year. Am I missing something?! 

Its like saying is Rom a better footballer than Welbeck. Welbeck is a better all round player, contributes in different positions, different phases of play but Rom is better in front of goal.

Walcott wont chip in too much to the team play, but he does what he does and as I have said before, his success will depend on how often we can get him into those positions.

Ox will work hard for the team. He will fill in at right wing or right back, but he will track, tackle, pass, move and thats the type of player you would rather play alongside.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Let's just say this... ox is more like Milner. Theo is more like sterling  - Milner is a better footballer.... sterling has more pace and threat. 

I would agree with that. Walcott has a specific threat that is key to whether or not he has a good game. There will be games where he contributes sweet fuck all because of it, but on the other hand he can win us games because of that threat when we maximise it.

• 2 weeks later...
Not a signing I was overjoyed about but he was brilliant against Leicester, he really was. And if he can keep linking up with Coleman the way he did in that game then we’ll be a threat. 

Same here. Although I could see he was an upgrade on what we had I couldn’t see the point of signing him . I saw it as blocking the progress of Vlasic and Lookman

As impressive as his link up play and his knack of being in the right place at the right time was , the thing that really pleased me was the graft and defensive side of his game, I really didn’t think he had that in him

On 01/02/2018 at 00:55, Romey 1878 said:

Not a signing I was overjoyed about but he was brilliant against Leicester, he really was. And if he can keep linking up with Coleman the way he did in that game then we’ll be a threat. 

What is this “threat” thing that you speak of??