IGNORED

Theo Walcott

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Real cramp is f'king excruciating pain; annoys the hell out of me when someone says (eg on a plane) "My legs are cramping up". No they're not because if they were you'd be in complete agony rather than having a bit of muscle pain; I get it in bed occasionally and the only way to get rid is to leap out and stand/stretch my leg, I react like a madman and more often than not scare the wife to bits:lol:. Also had it while swimming a few times which is a bit scary in deep water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r7NOi34SGw

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Real cramp is f'king excruciating pain; annoys the hell out of me when someone says (eg on a plane) "My legs are cramping up". No they're not because if they were you'd be in complete agony rather than having a bit of muscle pain; I get it in bed occasionally and the only way to get rid is to leap out and stand/stretch my leg, I react like a madman and more often than not scare the wife to bits:lol:. Also had it while swimming a few times which is a bit scary in deep water.

Yep- I jumped out of bed hopping and squawking like a lunatic- put my hand to my calf and it was like a solid brick then you’re shitting yourself in case you move your foot the wrong way to alleviate it.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

got your beauty rest, well done.  sometimes the cramping can be due to dehydration as well, could be that he simply needed to drink more water and eat a little better as well, bananas (oranges, spinach, etc.) give potassium and electrolytes which can help prevent cramping.

The 8 pints of stella celebrating Saturday probably helped with my dehydration along with the curry we had watching a film Saturday evening.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hate that cramp that wakes you up. Feels like a knife has slashed straight down the back of your calf.

Only usually get it if I've been drinking lager. Must be all the chemicals as hardly got it after switching to real ale. 

Have to lay off the Stella @Paddock :beer:

wait until you get cramp in your hamstrings, I suffer from tight hamstrings which is from a back related injury years ago. I have to do stretches first thing each morning and at night which tend to keep it at bay,  plus daily magnesium etc etc. However my work involves getting into tight spaces or being in the same scrunched up position sometimes which can be the trigger.

I appreciate that I might be in a club of 1 here but has anyone else been disappointed with Walcott since his first couple of games?

He started those first couple of games full of energy, determination and quality. He was really clinical and worked hard for the team. Since then however I feel as though he has been on the slide. His dribbling has still largely been quality (something I underestimated), but his touch, shot, passing at important moments has been really disappointing and he is noticeably a lot quieter and uninvolved, reminding me of his Arsenal days. He certainly hasn't been a weak link, but he is still playing at the same level of the team and not standing out as he had done in those first two games.

On the DCL thread, the chance he messed up yesterday has been suggested that he isn'tt good enough and whilst I appreciate there is more to it than just that chance, Walcott has messed up maybe 3 or 4 similar opportunities in the last 3 games and there has barely been a mention of it.

Like Mike I tend to get cramp in bed..... or at least I used to.  one of  my nurses told me to drink tonic water with quinine in to ease the symptoms,  tasted awful but after a week I found I liked it  and it works too  can not remember the last time I was in agony with leg cramps.  

Bailey:

I think Walcotts start has set expectations very high. He is inconsistent, but as far as wingers go, much less than 99% of others.

He hasn’t been as effective rice recently, but there is still enough to show he is a quality player. Wingers that score goals for fun are either world class, or are converted into strikers. 

He is still a quality player and offers a lot to our team. 

18 hours ago, pete0 said:
He's very hit and miss but his effort alone has been an improvement to an almost static midfield before he come in to freshen it up. He's a good outlet and very much a player we needed. 

I don't even want to agree with you because of your dislike for Ghana, but... I agree.

[emoji41]

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's very hit and miss but his effort alone has been an improvement to an almost static midfield before he come in to freshen it up. He's a good outlet and very much a player we needed. 

agreed and i didn't even want him here, wasn't a fan at all.  he's really grown on me.  a winger that can actually cross and score?  we haven't had that in a while.

• 4 months later...
26 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not a chance that's true, he seems to be very professional and I cant see why he would ask for a longer break when he didn't go the World Cup. Non starter for me that.

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2018 at 00:25, Aidan said:

Lennon getting sectioned on the m602!... oh.

Not sure why you’ve downvoted Hafs comment mate. I’m sure your misunderstanding it.

Anyone who knows someone, or has experienced mental health issues would have the deepest sympathy for them. I have had a few very close friends suffer so badly, and felt helpless at times to help them. But eventually learned a lot about it myself. 

Horrible thing to suffer from.

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not sure why you’ve downvoted Hafs comment mate. I’m sure your misunderstanding it.

Anyone who knows someone, or has experienced mental health issues would have the deepest sympathy for them. I have had a few very close friends suffer so badly, and felt helpless at times to help them. But eventually learned a lot about it myself. 

Horrible thing to suffer from.

Wasnt aware he had downvoted. Found the comment a bit strange to be honest. Being sectioned must be a fookin awful ordeal.  I read Frank Bruno's autobiography and it isn'tt a laughing matter. 

• 3 weeks later...

"I just felt I wanted to get the excitement of football again. I didn't feel like it was going to be at Arsenal then.

Sam at the time got in contact, and I felt "yeah, this is the right move for me". I got the buzz and enjoyment back, and I couldn't be in a happier place to be honest, I'm playing football with a smile on my face. I just love football again."

Some credit to Alladyce for getting him here then.