IGNORED

Theo Walcott

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to royally piss me off now.  Seems to have an air of arrogance and complacency which needs sorting.  Yeah he's a classy lad and talks well and all that shit.....  but he is one of the players that others should be looking at as a leader and someone to follow "the example" he sets.   

For me he's far too economical with himself...  I wouldn't look at him if I was in the trenches.  I would drop him and if it's for a game to give lookman a go then maybe that will get the message across.  Needs to be doing a lot more. 

Thought he was decent yesterday, personally. Him and Kenny had the beating of Chilwell every time. He should have released Richarlison in the 1st half and should have played Tosun in with a better ball at the end but thought he did play overall and feel he’s been one of our most consistent players this season. As a front four, yesterday’s is our strongest in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's too selfish, time after time there is an open man who will score and he goes it alone and screws it up.

True, I think Marco will bash that out of him, and get him making better decisions on the ball, I'd also like to see him stop shirking out of tackles, something he does too much for me.

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's too selfish, time after time there is an open man who will score and he goes it alone and screws it up.

3 Goals and 2 assists in from 8 starts is pretty good for someone who is too selfish and screws it up.......

Yes he sometimes goes alone when he should pass, but that's the striker in him.

Once he and the top 4 get more experience with each other and used to each others runs then his passing should improve.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

3 Goals and 2 assists in from 8 starts is pretty good for someone who is too selfish and screws it up.......

Once he and the top 4 get more experience with each other and used to each others runs then his passing should improve.

in the last 4 matches i have watched there has been at least 1 clear cut goal had he just passed and he went it alone.  yesterday there were 2.  my point is those stats could be double that, so no those stats don't impress me.  

The lad just isnt getting as much out of himself as he should and that is the bottom line for me. I see others doing what they can to make a difference and I dont see that in him. In my opinion he does things for show. Going back to one of the goals against West Ham, he got back into position but he has no desire to actually track his man.

In attack I think yesterday showed the big difference between Bernard who was playing more for the team, and Walcott. When we had those counter attacks, Bernard almost always held his position creating space for either himself or those in the middle whereas Walcott does the opposite. He cuts inside and quite regularly gets in the way of the man with the ball taking his space rather than creating more. 

I also find his words very hollow but thats neither here nor there.

Dont get me wrong, we have had God knows how many worse players in those positions in the past and its not like he is playing terribly as he is still contributing but I still find him very frustrating nevertheless.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I've learned to ignore such stats as a point of dismissing that someone is either lazy, greedy, or just lacks a bit of required grit. 

Ability is one thing.... attitude is another.  The latter being something critical in gettng the right team ethic. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

in the last 4 matches i have watched there has been at least 1 clear cut goal had he just passed and he went it alone.  yesterday there were 2.  my point is those stats could be double that, so no those stats don't impress me.  

Well they are pretty good stats for 8 games into a season. What were you expecting from him, that he morph into Ronaldo? No given who Theo is as a player, his history, what more could you reasonably expect from him?

I'm not saying Theo is perfect, or is not greedy, he isn'tt and he is. What I am saying is that Theo has been a very important player for us so far this season, and looks like being part of one of the best attacking quintets we have had at Everton for a long time.

Lets appreciate that, lets enjoy watching this develop and maybe we should, oh I don't know maybe, be supportive?

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

I've learned to ignore such stats as a point of dismissing that someone is either lazy, greedy, or just lacks a bit of required grit. 

Ability is one thing.... attitude is another.  The latter being something critical in gettng the right team ethic. 

Yes, lets ignore stats and go on, well nothing instead.

WTF has "Grit" got to do with this, have you been on a John Wayne watching bender lately? Should all Everton players no have to wear cowboy hats, whistle dixy while chewing tobacco as they play for us?

Yes Theo can be a bit lazy at time, but all attacking players can be. I have seen him track back many times, not to mention making many, many runs when we get the ball to try and stretch the opposition defense. 

Theo's most recent article says how he loves playing for us and Everton are helping him enjoy his football again. Hardly the words of someone with a bad attitude.

Whats the matter Haf, you found a new player to vent your spleen on now Lukaku has gone?

21 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Yes, lets ignore stats and go on, well nothing instead.

WTF has "Grit" got to do with this, have you been on a John Wayne watching bender lately? Should all Everton players no have to wear cowboy hats, whistle dixy while chewing tobacco as they play for us?

Yes Theo can be a bit lazy at time, but all attacking players can be. I have seen him track back many times, not to mention making many, many runs when we get the ball to try and stretch the opposition defense. 

Theo's most recent article says how he loves playing for us and Everton are helping him enjoy his football again. Hardly the words of someone with a bad attitude.

Whats the matter Haf, you found a new player to vent your spleen on now Lukaku has gone?

You wasted a paragraph on John Wayne.. yes I know He was in a fookin film called true grit.

Of which Walcott has none. Ducks out of tackles.  Doesn't provide cover for his right back. Hope Coleman comes back because he will let rip at him. 

Theos most recent article says he loves us cos he enjoys his football again? Ah shit...I didn't know that.  I wish I read that before watching him not square the ball for a certain goal and misplace a pass and bollock tosun. Otherwise i could have convinced myself that maybe he too had to dilute milk with water and his hunger and passion for football is unparalleled. 

Nah.... wouldn't have made any difference.  I tend to have an issue with footballers who try and convince people they are doing more than they actually are. You may be easily fooled. I ain't.  Whilst you are at it - don't start questioning people's support on here.... calling a player out for laziness or indifferent attitude isn'tt about support. It's about preserving the tradition and expectations of the fans. 

Just now, hafnia said:

You wasted a paragraph on John Wayne.. yes I know He was in a fookin film called true grit.

Of which Walcott has none. Ducks out of tackles.  Doesn't provide cover for his right back. Hope Coleman comes back because he will let rip at him. 

Theos most recent article says he loves us cos he enjoys his football again? Ah shit...I didn't know that.  I wish I read that before watching him not square the ball for a certain goal and misplace a pass and bollock tosun. Otherwise i could have convinced myself that maybe he too had to dilute milk with water and his hunger and passion for football is unparalleled. 

Nah.... wouldn't have made any difference.  I tend to have an issue with footballers who try and convince people they are doing more than they actually are. You may be easily fooled. I ain't. 

I'm not saying hes the perfect player, he is or has played as a striker so yes he is going to take shots on instead of crossing now and again, but that's part of being an attacker. As our new team develops they will develop a better understanding and Theo will get more assists, I hope.

Theo has not said he is football personified, just that he is enjoying playing football gain with us, I'm glad he is.

Theo has contributed to the team this season, lets try encouraging him to do even better.

Anytime you can get the Duke into a topic its a win as far as I'm concerned :guns:

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Well they are pretty good stats for 8 games into a season. What were you expecting from him, that he morph into Ronaldo? No given who Theo is as a player, his history, what more could you reasonably expect from him?

I'm not saying Theo is perfect, or is not greedy, he isn'ttt and he is. What I am saying is that Theo has been a very important player for us so far this season, and looks like being part of one of the best attacking quintets we have had at Everton for a long time.

Lets appreciate that, lets enjoy watching this develop and maybe we should, oh I don't know maybe, be supportive?

He regularly scored 18-20 and assisted on a lot with arsenal.  He doesn’t look like that with us to be honest.  A half decent player to compete with him and he would be on the bench.

37 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He regularly scored 18-20 and assisted on a lot with arsenal.  He doesn’t look like that with us to be honest.  A half decent player to compete with him and he would be on the bench.

At Arsenal he only scored 10 or more league goals in a season twice.

Lets see how he does at the end of the season so we can compare, a bit early to be slating the lad. Any way at this rate he is on for 15 goals and 10 assists!

Theo is a very good player, not a world beater, but what he offers us is pace which is so vital in this league, intelligent runs, a goal in 4 and an assist in 6. 

If we get a better player great, we have a stronger squad, at the moment we don't so lets use what we have and support him while he is playing for us.

I’m baffled by anyone having an issue with him. Since the day he signed he’s been one of our most consistent performers, always a threat and has scored goals. If he’s fit, he plays. 

Maybe it’s no coincidence that he isn’t flying into tackles, and isn’t picking up as many injuries as he has in the past? No bad thing for me. A player learning how his body reacts to things and adapting to suit. 

Maybe if he had a fancy name we would want to keep him in the first team. 

16 hours ago, hafnia said:

Nah.... wouldn't have made any difference.  I tend to have an issue with footballers who try and convince people they are doing more than they actually are. You may be easily fooled. I ain't.  Whilst you are at it - don't start questioning people's support on here.... calling a player out for laziness or indifferent attitude isn'ttt about support. It's about preserving the tradition and expectations of the fans. 

Haf sounds like you’ve found your Lukaku replacement thing is you won’t enjoy the challenge cause more will agree with you😀

At present I still rate Walcott I have witnessed him doing his fair share of defending in games and seen him cover for Kenny when he’s passed him, he gets in good positions and creates better than average opportunity’s, admittedly his biggest fault is always taking the opportunity to score when others are better placed, but if Silva is not happy with that he will iron it out of him or drop him. 

For me still an integral part of the team and the near future. 

I can see the faults with Walcott, I just think his positives outweigh them. He IS a very good attacking player, and has surprised me since he arrived. 

He was also a complete shithouse on Saturday for moaning at Cenk after he absolutely fluffed a simple ball. He can also have periods of ghost form.

But there aren’t many better finishers than him in the team, and he is one that I am confident in, once a chance opens up for him.

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf sounds like you’ve found your Lukaku replacement thing is you won’t enjoy the challenge cause more will agree with you😀

At present I still rate Walcott I have witnessed him doing his fair share of defending in games and seen him cover for Kenny when he’s passed him, he gets in good positions and creates better than average opportunity’s, admittedly his biggest fault is always taking the opportunity to score when others are better placed, but if Silva is not happy with that he will iron it out of him or drop him. 

For me still an integral part of the team and the near future. 

My annoyance of lukaku was only compounded by some fans of a proud club essentially saying his lack of movement wasn't laziness.... that his stupid runs were the mistake of the likes of Barkley for not finding him.  That his control wasn't that bad.....

Now he's defaulted to type at man United it seems that their fans have more of a right to be pissed off at his shit shows as they clearly deserve better whereas some of our fans would happily welcome the disloyal overrated balloon back with open arms.  No wonder we haven't won fuck all in years.

Walcott has had similar reviews at Arsenal to what myself and a couple of others are saying.  Prone to unexplainable bouts of laziness. Won't challenge or stretch his foot for a ball, petulance with team mates.

He has more quality than lukaku ever will have with a ball at his feet so in some ways that makes him more annoying.... maybe the fact that he doesnt act like a tit when a journalist asks him a question and says "I'm the complete striker and we need to play to my strengths before I go and play for Barcelona" helps....

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

My annoyance of lukaku was only compounded by some fans of a proud club essentially saying his lack of movement wasn't laziness.... that his stupid runs were the mistake of the likes of Barkley for not finding him.  That his control wasn't that bad.....

Now he's defaulted to type at man United it seems that their fans have more of a right to be pissed off at his shit shows as they clearly deserve better whereas some of our fans would happily welcome the disloyal overrated balloon back with open arms.  No wonder we haven't won fuck all in years.

Walcott has had similar reviews at Arsenal to what myself and a couple of others are saying.  Prone to unexplainable bouts of laziness. Won't challenge or stretch his foot for a ball, petulance with team mates.

He has more quality than lukaku ever will have with a ball at his feet so in some ways that makes him more annoying.... maybe the fact that he doesnt act like a tit when a journalist asks him a question and says "I'm the complete striker and we need to play to my strengths before I go and play for Barcelona" helps....

I didn’t mean it to sound that I was in agreement or disagreement with your views on the Lukaku that is water under the bridge now 

But as you know I am well aware of what it’s like to be in a minority when it comes to views on certain players and the frustration you feel when people can’t see your point of view, but that’s the beauty of different options it sparks debate and we shouldn’t be made to look silly or a bad person because we dare to disagree with the majority. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I didn’t mean it to sound that I was in agreement or disagreement with your views on the Lukaku that is water under the bridge now 

But as you know I am well aware of what it’s like to be in a minority when it comes to views on certain players and the frustration you feel when people can’t see your point of view, but that’s the beauty of different options it sparks debate and we shouldn’t be made to look silly or a bad person because we dare to disagree with the majority. 

I was optimistic and buoyed by Walcott as he was a bright spark in a very shitty allardyce period. 

I react to what I see both ways.... if a player shows a downturn after being happy initially I will call out what isn'tt right and I will correct myself the other way if I see fit.  I did it with Naismith and Niasse.  The thing with those 2 is attitude was never an issue.

Cenk may sadly not be the player I thought he could be under silva.  I don't nail my colours to the mast.  

My concern with Walcott isn'tt ability... that's my annoyance. 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Strikers are naturally selfish. If he makes the pass and it’s screwed up or intercepted, he’s get grief for not shooting...

True I do agree with that but he's done it to many times imo 

Not overly arsed about it though tbh as I do take into account that side of a players game but if he did pick a player out from time to time then he'd do himself far more justice