26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I completely agree. It's a very common thing for football fans to hype up the player who isn't playing only to slag him off when he comes back in and does crap.

It's amazing how often a player on the sidelines becomes a better player when the team is playing badly! 

I have consistently slagged Walcott as being shit.  I’m not saying he’s good now, just that his attributes fit the team better that a slight Bernard who’s weak and barely sees the ball.  Iwobi creating and cutting in on one side and Walcott the pace merchant on the other making a 3 forward attack with DCL and richarlison is better than what we are seeing right now.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confirmed on the official site will wear the 11- he’s an upgrade on Mirallas for sure. I’m pleased with this one- no he’s not good enough for a top 6 side but we are fucking light years away from bein

It's every game I'm afraid, and there's no one player the main culprit, needs to be worked on, eliminate it and we will,be far more threatening.

This turns into Gana thread #2. Yeah I know nothing is good enough for Everton, but pointing a finger against a forward who fucked up in his defensive duties, is this really our biggest problem right

Posted Images

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I have consistently slagged Walcott as being shit.  I’m not saying he’s good now, just that his attributes fit the team better that a slight Bernard who’s weak and barely sees the ball.  Iwobi creating and cutting in on one side and Walcott the pace merchant on the other making a 3 forward attack with DCL and richarlison is better than what we are seeing right now.

Maybe or maybe not. I'm just not convinced it will make a great deal of difference to the side irrespective of who is starting. We were still very average with him in the side under Ancellotti. 

I think Bernard is generally best suited to us retaining possession and getting up the pitch but Iwobi did a good job of that in the second half against Norwich whereas Bernard didn't. I hand on heart couldn't predict whether one would play better than the other at the moment, I find them all very inconsistent and unreliable.

On 27/06/2020 at 16:08, markjazzbassist said:

I agree we are missing Theo, but for me it’s instead of Iwobi not Bernard. Iwobi had one good half against the worst team in the league. I’d pick Theo over him every time. 
I wouldn’t describe Bernard as weak and barely seeing the ball though. He might not be the biggest or strongest, but I’ve seen bigger players knocked off the ball easier.