Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

MFK Ružomberok (Away) [Europa League Qualifier Second Leg] Thursday August 3rd

i disagree i think they will definately park the bus, hope it's a stalemate and then go for broke the last 20 minutes when they have the home crowd and momentum behind them.

Right again. Not sure Koeman expected this, either.

Sandro's having a bit of difficulty this week. Can't seem to buy a good touch.

Was just about to comment how refreshing it is to see a forward being the ball under control. Seems to be a good outlet for us.

5 players forward in our third in that attack. Playing a high line with 3 people generally in the half way line.

Going to be good for us as it's leaving big open spaces for us.

Was just about to comment how refreshing it is to see a forward being the ball under control. Seems to be a good outlet for us.

Not saying he's having a howler, but nothing is really coming off and he's had a few poor giveaways and a couple slips. That stepover he just did gets me excited, though. Intelligent and aware footballing. Something we've lacked up front for a bit.

Not saying he's having a howler, but nothing is really coming off and he's had a few poor giveaways and a couple slips. That stepover he just did gets me excited, though. Intelligent and aware footballing. Something we've lacked up front for a bit.

He does seem to be siding around a bit doesn't he. Like his fast movement though.

Some of the one touch passing up front has me a bit happy.... very promising.

You can see what they are trying and when they click it's near impossible to defend against, even with the bus parked. That third man run that klassen makes will get goals as well.

It's alright this.... they are tricky annoying bastards who are very very organised and hardworking.

Yeah I'm pretty impressed by their energy to be fair. Hard to break down that amount of pressure.

That's what frustrates me. They attack and only had one player left in their half, we get the ball and instead of getting it up there fast, we play it around at the back and wait for them to get back.

We should be taking advantage while they are attacking and use it.

It's alright this.... they are tricky annoying bastards who are very very organised and hardworking.

They would be a good game in a friendly and I'd have no issue with us playing them again next year at this stage. Keeping us honest here

I'm impressed as well.

Attacking in numbers but work hard to get back.

Yeah one eye on my phone the other on the match! My bad.

Rooney is getting right on my tits. Has been since he arrived.

He seems to have inherited Lukakus touch hasn't he.

Not a good signal where I am so can only see patches of play, in most of which we are complete shit.

We are just being shut out and neutered by a very well organised and hard working TEAM. We look bereft of ideas and it's only 2nd game of the season. Sorry to be such a cynic.

We need to get Gylfi, Klaasen is not in this game.

No need for Gylfi, Sandro seems to strike a mean dead ball.

Would rather us look for a big guy up front or a real silky mid.

Come on guys, im depending on your commentry here

Basically Davies is playing well, our midfield doesn't know what to do and our front 3 have completely forgot how to play football

Oh and everyone is falling over.

Basically Davies is playing well, our midfield doesn't know what to do and our front 3 have completely forgot how to play football

Oh and everyone is falling over.

So, we are shit and we are going to lose? Or are we atleast in control?

We're in control, just not offering much going forward. We don't look like losing, but still worried about the one chance they might get on a counter.

The slovaks seems very well drilled and fitter, but they will do well to score.

If we don't score pre 80th minute id expect an exciting end to the game

Come on guys, im depending on your commentry here

We've only really started the last ten minutes mate. They have surprised us a bit and had a few good chances. They are running their butts off and working very hard. Very organised as well. Attacking in numbers but getting back behind the ball as soon as they lose possession.

Impressed with Sandros positive play. Davies is... well as usual, one of our best.

Schneiderlin seems very pedestrian.

Rooney is Lukaku in disguise.

Klaasen is dependable but that's about it.

Proper shite that, we look so lost going forward. To be fair Sandro, Rooney and Klaassen are playing well but there's been no key chances to write home about just yet, the best chances (yet again) have fallen for Rozemberok.

Is it just me or has there been about twelve slips in that first half? Seems like this lot have had the sprinkles on since the first leg began.