Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

MFK Ružomberok (Away) [Europa League Qualifier Second Leg] Thursday August 3rd

We're seeing the same Rooney who couldn't get in United's squad the second half of last season. I don't wanna lose hope yet, but I'm not sure why anyone's so surprised.

Edit: should say starting squad, but point still stands.

We're seeing the same Rooney who couldn't get in United's squad the second half of last season. I don't wanna lose hope yet, but I'm not sure why anyone's so surprised.

To be fair he has not had a pre-season yet, he needs to get match fit. I know he will be a success here.

What is a superstar striker gonna do? They are parking the bus. We need to get the ball round the back and get crosses in... or corners to an aerial threat like a giroud.

i could bite but I won't

This is shit but it'll do th job

DCL so much more impactful when played central.

Agreed. Think a rotation of him and Giroud would be great this season played alongside Sandro. Rooney shouldn't even be played as a striker; a 10 or deeper-lying mid for me.

i could bite but I won't

This is shit but it'll do th job

3 times you went on about a target man/super striker.... it wasnt lost on me what you were getting at... if we still had a certain player is be seeing words like "isolated" "need to play it early and through"

Fact is he would have done bollocks all against these lot. 6 or 7 men back.

Believe it or not there are some positives to be had from this game. Sandro & klassen can play touch football and we look like we finally have players who can do intricate passing up front.

DCL looks a player in the making... tom davies has done what I said he would do.

3 times you went on about a target man/super striker.... it wasnt lost on me what you were getting at... if we still had a certain player is be seeing words like "isolated" "need to play it early and through"

Believe it or not there are some positives to be had from this game. Sandro & klassen can play touch football and we look like we finally have players who can do intricate passing up front.

DCL looks a player in the making... tom davies has done what I said he would do.

Davies has done what you and everyone else said he would do. Off your high horse now.

Davies has done what you and everyone else said he would do. Off your high horse now.

Nope... people just need to have faith in a young lad who is absolute class and could probably do a job as a number 10.

bored much?

We look toothless. I don't see a goal threat anywhere.

I'll agree with you on DCL tho

Jeez guys. It's still pre-season for us. Some of the players have barely been training for over a week.

Ruzomberok are a couple of weeks into their season now and are putting their full strength side against our experimental line up.

We were always going to coast through these games. Ruzomberok offered no threat what-so-ever. We got through doing as little work as possible in a fixture that is notorious for screwing up people's pre-season plans.

We have a game again on Sunday against a much better side. There will be more chopping and changing in that game too.

It's completely up in the air what Koeman will put out against Stoke but I guarantee it will be on a whole different level of performance when the league starts.

Literally bickering online over a bloody pre-season game, it's ridiculous. It's like the RS thinking they'll win the league after beating someone in pre-season.

Thank fuck for that! Found that hard to enjoy.

We did what we have to do. But with just one friendly and a opener against Stoke to cone before we hit a 4 game run of City, United, Chelsea and Spurs...we have work to do!!!

Struck me tonight that Baines was the only natural wide man out there tonight. All the others are central players by nature. Until Kev came on of course.

Keep at it lads. Need to click asap.

Slow, boring at times, frustrating but a massively important result and another good work out for the players against opposition which was no match quality wise but the effort and energy they put into that was commendable.

Positives for me were Keane, Pickford, Klaassen, DCL and Davies. The balance doesn't look right but that could equally be down to match sharpness - Sunday will be a big game to sort a few bits out looking forward to Stoke.

Jeez guys. It's still pre-season for us. Some of the players have barely been training for over a week.

Ruzomberok are a couple of weeks into their season now and are putting their full strength side against our experimental line up.

We were always going to coast through these games. Ruzomberok offered no threat what-so-ever. We got through doing as little work as possible in a fixture that is notorious for screwing up people's pre-season plans.

We have a game again on Sunday against a much better side. There will be more chopping and changing in that game too.

It's completely up in the air what Koeman will put out against Stoke but I guarantee it will be on a whole different level of performance when the league starts.

Literally bickering online over a bloody pre-season game, it's ridiculous. It's like the RS thinking they'll win the league after beating someone in pre-season.

Exactly. I didn't think we were that bad considering.

Though I think Matt is right, we are screaming out for a target man....Giroud?

Exactly. I didn't think we were that bad considering.

Though I think Matt is right, we are screaming out for a target man....Giroud?

Giroud would certainly get on the end of some crosses. He's a top class target man, but I would prefer more pace up front.

Really tired but in a nutshell it's job done. Rozemberok parked the bus for 170 minutes (which they are well within their rights to do) and it obviously made it hard for us to break them down. As it happened we limited them to very little chances over the two legs and got the two goals to see us through, the second coming as soon as they came out of their shells and attacked us. Had they done that from the off then we may well have had the four and five-nil's that everyone was predicting.

We're into the hat for the next round now which takes place tomorrow, hopefully we get an easy tie again so that we can get into the group stage. Things are coming together nicely when you consider that this is still pre-season.