MFK Ružomberok (Away) [Europa League Qualifier Second Leg] Thursday August 3rd

markjazzbassist

Now I'm on the desktop, I'd like to see this;

Pickford

Holgate Jags Keane Baines

Davies Gana Davy Morgan Mirallas

Sandro

Go 442 if we get that first goal with Sandro coming on

How do you plan to counter attack with that team?

Pace is going to be a huge problem for us this season unless something drastic happens between now and the close of the window (like we find a way to have PED''s not show up on a drugs test).

Pickford

Williams..Keane..Jagielka

Holgate.................................................Baines

Gueye..Schneiderlin

Lennon.........................Klaasen.........................Mirallas

Sandro

Vital that we bring on Lookman around the hour mark if need be to get us the speed we were crying out for on Thursday. Despite Calvert-Lewin doing his best too I wouldn't be against sticking him back on the bench to accommodate Aaron Lennon. Fingers crossed Sandro's fully fit to attack from the off, he looked our best player when he came on and with 90 minutes ahead of him could be the difference between our away goal going in and not arriving.

Pickford

Gueye..Schneiderlin

Sandro

Vital that we bring on Lookman around the hour mark if need be to get us the speed we were crying out for on Thursday. Despite Calvert-Lewin doing his best too I wouldn't be against sticking him back on the bench to accommodate Aaron Lennon. Fingers crossed Sandro's fully fit to attack from the off, he looked our best player when he came on and with 90 minutes ahead of him could be the difference between our away goal going in and not arriving.

12 players

People keep mentioning all this about a lack of pace, when we've lost Lukaku and that's about it. We've also signed Sandro who looks quick to add to the likes of Lennon, Mirallas, Lookman and Bolasi. What's the difference this season from last (apart from one player)?

Edited by AidanLewis

People keep mentioning all this about a lack of pace, when we've lost Lukaku and that's about it. We've also signed Sandro who looks quick to add to the likes of Lennon, Mirallas, Lookman and Bolasi. What's the difference this season from last (apart from one player)?

Lennon didn't play, Mirallas is not good enough, Lookman spent most of the time last season on the bench and Bolassie has had a serious injury and who knows what he will be like when he comes back, basically we didn't have a huge amount of pace last season either.

It was a problem last season too and we are making it worse. Geri was another who played in the first half and Barkley wasn't a slouch, not that he ever got in behind.

Basically our front 3 will more than likely be Rooney, Giroud and Sigurdsson with Sandro here and there. That isn't just slow it's pedestrian.

Pickford

Gueye..Schneiderlin

Sandro

Use 12 players and still not find room for Rooney?

Gana needs to play. So does Morgan and Rooney. My first picks would be:

Gana

Rooney

Morgan

Pickford

Keane

Baines

Klaassen

Sandro

You guys can fill in the blanks but they would probably be:

Williams

Holgate

Davies

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Morgan

Klaassen Gana Davies

Sandro Rooney

How do you plan to counter attack with that team?

Pace is going to be a huge problem for us this season unless something drastic happens between now and the close of the window (like we find a way to have PED''s not show up on a drugs test).

at least 3 have the pace to take the ball forward. If Sandro did start, make it 4.

I'm expecting us to sit deep with the someone holding the halfway line. Long ball up over the top for them to run on to.

But could be the birthday weekends beers taking their toll. 2 more days of it too :)

at least 3 have the pace to take the ball forward. If Sandro did start, make it 4.

I'm expecting us to sit deep with the someone holding the halfway line. Long ball up over the top for them to run on to.

But could be the birthday weekends beers taking their toll. 2 more days of it too :)

Which three? I see Mirallas and that's it, and even he doesn't really have the pace to race away from people any longer.

I really don't buy into Gana needs to play, for me it's him or Schneiderlin sat in front of the back four, when they both play they both try and hold, if your playing three at back then fair enough, but when it's a back four we offer very little going forward then the front players become isolated because the midfield sit to deep.

It's one or the other and Schneiderlin for me is the better out of the two, he gets us ticking and his delivery is far better.

I really don't buy into Gana needs to play, for me it's him or Schneiderlin sat in front of the back four, when they both play they both try and hold, if your playing three at back then fair enough, but when it's a back four we offer very little going forward then the front players become isolated because the midfield sit to deep.

It's one or the other and Schneiderlin for me is the better out of the two, he gets us ticking and his delivery is far better.

One of the first on the teamsheet for me; makes an occasional mistake but he's a duracel bunny and 99% of the time does the right thing. Plus he gets forward and makes/has chances so him and Morgan together doesn't equal a negative approach. Love the guy.

One of the first on the teamsheet for me; makes an occasional mistake but he's a duracel bunny and 99% of the time does the right thing. Plus he gets forward and makes/has chances so him and Morgan together doesn't equal a negative approach. Love the guy.

Last week he looked a class above every player in the pitch. First time I have watched him live and I was shocked by how good he is.

Tackling is one of the best in the premier.

His brain is way above most our team.

What surprised me was how he links okay up, even a couple of efforts on goal.

I can see both arguments with Gana. I have never seen someone intercept or tackle as much as this lad can and he has such an engine on him too. On the other hand he gets sucked out of position a lot and I don't think he supports the attack as well as our other midfielders. By that I mean his runs are very obvious and his passing/shooting is basic at this level.

In big games he would be one of the first names on the team sheet. When a draw isn't enough I don't think he is as important (assuming Schneiderlin plays).

In an ideal world I would probably rotate him and Davies depending on the opposition.

I don't see it as a positive set up playing them together, we look to defensive, which allows teams to take the game to us.

I'm sure we will see them start together most games, but in my opinion I feel we would be missing a better line up and performance with just one of them in the starting eleven.

I can see both arguments with Gana. I have never seen someone intercept or tackle as much as this lad can and he has such an engine on him too. On the other hand he gets sucked out of position a lot and I don't think he supports the attack as well as our other midfielders. By that I mean his runs are very obvious and his passing/shooting is basic at this level.

In big games he would be one of the first names on the team sheet. When a draw isn't enough I don't think he is as important (assuming Schneiderlin plays).

In an ideal world I would probably rotate him and Davies depending on the opposition.

Nail on the head. He doesn't have a football brain but could man mark the best of them. If I was managing the opposition and we started Gana and Barkley I'd be rubbing my hands as you know you'll get a lot of space in midfield as they don't read the game.

Gana doesn't have a football brain? Watching him you would think the opposite.

The main ingredient to making an interception is reading play, not blind luck.

He spent most of the last game just outside the forward third, linking up defence and attack. Totally the opposite to our poster boy Morgan. Gana is the African one by the way.

Gana doesn't have a football brain? Watching him you would think the opposite.

The main ingredient to making an interception is reading play, not blind luck.

He spent most of the last game just outside the forward third, linking up defence and attack. Totally the opposite to our poster boy Morgan. Gana is the African one by the way.

He runs to the ball and often goes in on the wrong side of his man, if his man passes the ball short he'll get sucked in to chasing the ball down rather than keeping track of his player which creates space for the opposition. This works well if you switch runners but it's not always the best thing to do, and Gana does it nearly every time with no consideration of where the opponents are standing or where his midfield partner is.

Going forward he's laughable at times. Last game so he had to do was a simple ball in from CM to in front of who over was LF at the time and he played it to his feet completely ruining the attack. In the final third he plays on luck alone, no clue what to do.

Edited by pete0

He runs to the ball and often goes in on the wrong side of his man, if his man passes the ball short he'll get sucked in to chasing the ball down rather than keeping track of his player which creates space for the opposition. This works well if you switch runners but it's not always the best thing to do, and Gana does it nearly every time with no consideration of where the opponents are standing or where his midfield partner is.

Going forward he's laughable at times. Last game so he had to do was a simple ball in from CM to in front of who over was LF at the time and he played it to his feet completely ruining the attack. In the final third he plays on luck alone, no clue what to do.

Im not sure that we are watching the same player. One of the first on the team sheet for me (if not THE first)