Just been on Stub Hub (at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!) and bought my ticket... Lower Gwladys 4 .

I love the old lady but looking forward to a bigger stadium so more ticket supply or maybe get my own season ticket.

Just been on Stub Hub (at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!) and bought my ticket... Lower Gwladys 4 .

I love the old lady but looking forward to a bigger stadium so more ticket supply or maybe get my own season ticket.

Made me laugh :lol:.

Yeah. Done right robbing bastards on there!!

I've been quite lucky on stubhub. I got Arsenal and City tickets for less than market value, strangely Hull cost me the most and even that was only face value.

I've been quite lucky on stubhub. I got Arsenal and City tickets for less than market value, strangely Hull cost me the most and even that was only face value.

I paid £69 including fees for the ticket and the face value was only £45. With train fare from Kent of £106 it gets a bit expensive.

Saying that though I'd hate to miss out ... I reckon the Grand Old Lady will be bouncing come 3 pm ..... COYB

I paid £69 including fees for the ticket and the face value was only £45. With train fare from Kent of £106 it gets a bit expensive.

Saying that though I'd hate to miss out ... I reckon the Grand Old Lady will be bouncing come 3 pm ..... COYB

I don't like this face value £45 - on that basis, the person who sold it you paid £855 for their season ticket - I doubt that very much! £25-£35 is face value for a season ticket holder selling their ticket.

Might be worth asking for spares on here first. Shame you can't get the away fans prices when you travel from that far.

Might be worth asking for spares on here first. Shame you can't get the away fans prices when you travel from that far.

That would be really complicated as people would have to send their actual season ticket to other people and then back. StubHub is good in the way that it reprints tickets of the STH - unfortunately many people take the piss on it. I will be happy to pass on midweek cup tickets on here (provided they're separate to my season ticket and no family member wants it) if ever anyone is struggling - just send me a pm.

Two season ago, my son and grandson used Stub Hub regularly (for Goodison) and only had good things to say.

Its handy for picking up a spare ticket, however people can charge whatever they want for the tickets, people can essentially fleece fellow fans which isn't on.

Two season ago, my son and grandson used Stub Hub regularly (for Goodison) and only had good things to say.

I think it is a good service but some people abuse it by putting tickets on for £100 - ripping off fellow supporters. I suppose if people are willing to pay that much then each to their own - I'd certainly never put mine on at that price.

I think it is a good service but some people abuse it by putting tickets on for £100 - ripping off fellow supporters. I suppose if people are willing to pay that much then each to their own - I'd certainly never put mine on at that price.

Not would I but unfortunately it's supply and demand. If someone's willing to pay 100 for it,others will list it as that.

Train fares are crazy; I've looked at going up on the train to avoid the car park (officially called the M6) but it's about £250 for the two of us. Can get return flights to Greece for less :dry:.

Wanted to get back from London last week on the train. Ticket was £75

I tried a few hours later and got first class for £16

Done it twice now. Normal tickets were £6 from Euston to Birmingham.

I know ticketing structures are insane and you can get great deals if you get lucky. Years ago when I lived in London whenever I came down to Somerset to see my parents you were able to upgrade to first class by paying £3 to the guard but BR (as was) never advertised the fact; I always used it, £3 to go from cattle truck to comfort? No brainer.

It's so hit and miss. The £106 is the most I've had to pay to get up for a game. I have thought about driving but I like a beer before and after the game and even if I didn't it's too much driving there and back in one day. I'll just have to suck it up !

It's so hit and miss. The £106 is the most I've had to pay to get up for a game. I have thought about driving but I like a beer before and after the game and even if I didn't it's too much driving there and back in one day. I'll just have to suck it up !

Not if you allow two days recovery time :D.

I know ticketing structures are insane and you can get great deals if you get lucky. Years ago when I lived in London whenever I came down to Somerset to see my parents you were able to upgrade to first class by paying £3 to the guard but BR (as was) never advertised the fact; I always used it, £3 to go from cattle truck to comfort? No brainer.

Someone should create an app that checks for good deals and pings you with them.

I know what you mean, when I lived in London I did the Carlisle game away for the FA cup. Jumped in the car with a work mate Saturday morning being a naive Australian thinking a 4/5 hour drive max. Drove back Sunday straight after the game!

Someone should create an app that checks for good deals and pings you with them.

This exists in the US. It's called Gametime. I don't know if it has a UK counterpart.

I drive from Milton Keynes and even that's a fair old drive as trains are too expensive. Better than the id drive o did from north Essex.

National Express are cheaper than trains

They are Rubes but they still have to contend with the (from my area) M5/M6 which trains don't. I also have the option of the Westcountry Blues coach but that obviously has to contend with the congestion as well, plus it's £30 each so actually cheaper for the two of us to drive up; downside being if I was on the coach I can have a few beers while obviously limited when driving.

I'd love to use the train, I'm walking distance (two miles) from a mainline station so it'd be really easy and much more relaxing and not an eighteen hour marathon.

how did you get the tickets Mike?

I don't have tickets for Stoke Rubes, talking theoretically. Seems pretty plain though that this season general sale will be very slim pickings; pleased that the club listed all the dates that members could buy in the Ružomberok programme last week, so I know when to have the finger on the trigger. Hoping for multiple trips up this season, money from my mum's will is going to hit the bank account in the next few weeks so we're going to have a few years of not worrying about the pennies too much :).

Stoke haven't done much in the window but are still a horrible team to play against. At home I'm not a huge fan of playing Gana and Morgan because I don't think you need two holders but who do you drop? Sigi won't play so I'd go Pickford,holgate,Williams,Keane,baines. I'd play a diamond in midfield Gana holding then Davies alongside Morgan, Davey at the top it's Rooney and Sandro up front . Bit daft to say but we need three points out of this game. 2-0 Rooney and baines

I think if we score early then we will run up a cricket score. Stoke are relegation fodder this season, their time is up. They will play to take a 0-0 bore score draw, so if we can upset their tactics early doors they will collapse.

They have a tough start too, but they have loyal owners. I was around 8s so I would get on now if you fancy it!

is it yeah? Think I will but the Conte situation is the one to also keep an eye on as well.

Not sure why everyone is so confident. We've looked shite pre-season, specifically at stubborn "smaller" teams.

because it's pre season everyone looks shite. madrid looked absolute shit against MLS. guess what? they'll go deep in champs league. trying to read anything from preseason is futile.

because it's pre season everyone looks shite. madrid looked absolute shit against MLS. guess what? they'll go deep in champs league. trying to read anything from preseason is futile.

I hope so, but considering Everton have forever been slow starters to seasons, plus the poor performances so far, I still don't get the confidence

I hope so, but considering Everton have forever been slow starters to seasons, plus the poor performances so far, I still don't get the confidence

the confidence is we have some great players. Keane, Pickford, Sandro, klaassen, Schneiderlin, Gana, Davies, and some up comers lookman, DCL. The future is bright, life is beautiful,, stay positive my friend

the confidence is we have some great players. Keane, Pickford, Sandro, klaassen, Schneiderlin, Gana, Davies, and some up comers lookman, DCL. The future is bright, life is beautiful,, stay positive my friend

They are some great players, but they've not played well together yet. Still need months to gel, but again, hope I'm wrong

Neil Swarbrick is the ref.

Bollocks. Not good there.

Hoping to see:

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Schneiderlin Gueye Klaassen

Sandro Rooney Lookman

Subs: Stek Martina Jags Barry Mirallas Davies DCL

I've not witnessed a preseason of ours for a while where it hasn't been an indicator of our season. It's certainly not about results but if you play shit all preseason you can't suddenly expect to turn it on in week 1.

We haven't been that bad but we have looked to have the same issues as we had last season minus the dodgy keepers

Bollocks. Not good there.

Hoping to see:

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Schneiderlin Gueye Klaassen

Sandro Rooney Lookman

Subs: Stek Martina Jags Barry Mirallas Davies DCL

Take out Gueye, have Rooney drop back, and put DCL up front.

I'll be interested to see our starting line up for this one. I'm no where near as confident about us playing 4-3-3 without a striker with a bit more presence. Surprised we haven't managed to get a Giroud or Dzeko type striker in before this game.

I'll be interested to see our starting line up for this one. I'm no where near as confident about us playing 4-3-3 without a striker with a bit more presence. Surprised we haven't managed to get a Giroud or Dzeko type striker in before this game.

I think this game may highlight how desperate we are for a striker, and how much we are going to miss Lukaku if we don't replace him in this transfer window, both you mentioned could do the job, or Costa still can't believe we haven't put an offer in for him, if just to test the waters.

I think this game may highlight how desperate we are for a striker, and how much we are going to miss Lukaku if we don't replace him in this transfer window, both you mentioned could do the job, or Costa still can't believe we haven't put an offer in for him, if just to test the waters.

How do you know we haven't?

I assume Everton will be the aggressive team, that Stoke will allow Everton most of the possession and hope to score on the counter.

Are these assumptions reasonable? If so, I don't see the need for 2 DCMs. I'd like to see .......

Pickford

Jagielka Keane Williams

Davies Schneiderlin Baines

Klassen Rooney Mirallas

Sandro

Lookman on for one of the front 4, probably Mirallas or Klassen, no later than 60 minutes if we are not ahead. DCL, too. If we are protecting a lead, Gana and Barry or Holgate for 2 of the front four.

The biggest bonus going into this game is that it's at home. I really wouldn't fancy it if it was away.

I can't see past Gana and Schneiderlin starting together in midfield, more than likely with Klaasen. The biggest question is who starts up top.

I know it is ridiculous to say, but I really think that 3 points is an absolute must in this match. Our boys won't be the favorite in any of the following 4 league matches. It isn't hard to imagine us getting only a point out of those four matches. (Obviously I hope it is much more than that.) But lose this match and we could be staring at five straight defeats to start the season and near unprecedented levels of fume.

Easy for you to say - you don't have Trump as your president...........................oh wait.............nevermind..................

single tkts from Euston to and from Liverpool early doors are normally very cheap first class also.

Saturdays early mornings or late Friday night direct from virgin.

Think stoke will be relegation contenders. Pickford,holgate,Keane,Williams,baines,Gana,Morgan, tom,Davey,Rooney and Sandro. Midfield is a diamond. Get out the blocks early 3-0 Rooney,sandro and lookman