IGNORED

Predict our result: 2017/2018 season

Cornish Steve

Just in time before today's game. (My flight home from New York this week was rather delayed, so I was too tired to get this done last night.)

Congratulations for TonkaRoost for winning this game - and for the month of November. Joint top for the game were Droobie and markjazzbassist, each with 5 points. For the season, chalkpie leads by a point over barryj and MikeO. Per prediction, barryj has quite a decent lead.

Incidentally, the formulas in my spreadsheet are too complex for OpenOffice, so I went ahead and subscribed to MS Office. Truth is, I needed it anyway for other reasons, so we're back to the former Excel format.

3xbZtZ1.png

On 11/29/2017 at 19:44, barryj said:

Done it again. Caught up with all the other news and forgot to predict again. 

Personally, I thought it was skill! You keep doing it those weeks when we all make poor predictions and score few points, which means that your points per prediction remain the same while ours drop. You've built quite a lead in points per prediction.

Drum roll please! A 10-pointer for aaron, who, in addition to winning this week and for the month of December, has shot up the leaderboard in all categories. With barryj and MikeO, he now leads for the season. Per prediction, he jointly leads with barryj. The battle royale for the season, though, has intensified, with six people separated by only two points: aaron, barryj, MikeO, chalkpie, Peter H, and TonkaRoost..

trHOC3I.png

I've been thinking about the request for 10 points when someone predicts the exact score when Everton do not score. I haven't responded to date because it seems unfair: You don't have to predict the first goalscorer - which makes it an easier 10 points than getting everything right when there is a goalscorer. Now I've thought of a way around this, which means I'm making two rule changes. Here goes...

Rule change 1: If you predict the exact score when Everton score no goals AND name no goalscorer, then you will score 10 points.

Rule change 2: You may now predict that Everton score no goals AND name a goalscorer.

The second rule change means, for example, that you could predict Man City 1-0 Everton (Rooney). In this case, if the final score is 2-2 and Rooney scores the first goal, you get 2 points for that; if he scores the second goal, you get 1 point. HOWEVER, if the score ends up being 1-0, you receive only 5 points - because you named a goalscorer.

Does this make sense?

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

Everton 2- 1 Liverpool

Rooney.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Everton 1 - 4 Liverpool

Niasse

4 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

Everton 1-3 Liverpool

Niasse

18 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Everton 2 Liverpool 1