markjazzbassist

Manchester City (Away) Monday August 21st

Away to a top side I would unapologetically play for a draw here. Sit back and hit them on the counter. Some small roatation as well.

Pickford

Holgate keane Williams baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Mirallas lookman

DCL

Go for the pace on the counter with that front line.

Away to a top side I would unapologetically play for a draw here. Sit back and hit them on the counter. Some small roatation as well.

Pickford

Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Mirallas lookman

DCL

Not bad.

I couldn't justify dropping Rooney, I think he is vital for the big games with his experience.

You just know he will put Martina in before Holgate even though Holgate is a much better all round player.

Would like be to see Lookman get a start and cause some damage with his direct running but I am skeptical of Koeman to even give him much game time.

Mirallas offers the square root of bugger all these days.

I suppose the only thing I would change from your line up is go with Rooney again over Mirallas.

I'd expect Holgate to start as City have more about them than Stoke.

Pickford

Holgate Keane Jags Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Davies Klaassen DCL

Rooney

What I'd like to see

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Baines

Davies Barry Gana

Sandro Rooney Klaassen

For me the performance level of Keane and Schneiderlin was that of players who are too comfortable. Let them know they can and will be dropped for only putting a run of the mill shift in. I want more than 7th.

Pickford

Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Mirallas lookman

DCL

It's not a must win?! :o

:P

Why would you drop Rooney? I'd be going;

Pickford

Holgate Jags Keane Baines

Gana Schneiderlin

Davies Rooney Sandro

DCL

edit; forgot about the Europa tie, but I'd still stick with the same line up

Matt I lol to myself while typing thinking first time I didn't say must win ??

For me Europa ties are more important than city and Chelsea away.

itll be a tricky balance, but until we qualify for the group stages I agree, EL needs to take priority

Not bad.

I couldn't justify dropping Rooney, I think he is vital for the big games with his experience.

You just know he will put Martina in before Holgate even though Holgate is a much better all round player.

Would like be to see Lookman get a start and cause some damage with his direct running but I am skeptical of Koeman to even give him much game time.

Mirallas offers the square root of bugger all these days.

I suppose the only thing I would change from your line up is go with Rooney again over Mirallas.

Same for me. Rooney looked really good when he dropped a little deeper in the second half. Great vision and passing. I think Mirallas is a super sub at this point.

I don't think u can sit back against city. Think we have to go at them. Its early in the season so they won't be firing on all cylinders. City have £50 mill players on the bench so their quality is there. Holgate to play in a back four. Gana and Morgan with Davey tom and Rooney in front and Sandro up top. Dcl to come on when he is knackered. 1-2 to us fuck it. Sandro and Keane with the winner

Get last years video out, and try and repeat it. Unfortunately half of the team that day are injured or gone.

Pickford

Martina Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Klaassen Davies Barry Mirallas

Rooney

Attack is the best form of defence against City, if you sit back and try to defend they will find away through.

We normally do well against them by giving them a game.

4th straight win and clean sheet, we have some positive momentum heading into this. Morgan only played a half (as did davies) and Sandro was rested due to his knock. i"m guessing this is the lineup now:

Pickford
Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Rooney Mirallas

Sandro back in after the knock, and holgate in to stay home and defend against the guardiola attack.

4th straight win and clean sheet, we have some positive momentum heading into this. Morgan only played a half (as did davies) and Sandro was rested due to his knock. i"m guessing this is the lineup now:

Pickford

Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Rooney Mirallas

Sandro back in after the knock, and holgate in to stay home and defend against the guardiola attack.

Was going to suggest jags over Williams but on second thought didn't he give away 12 pennos in the same fixture last season?

I can see Holgate struggling for minutes this season and honestly I feel that, fitness permitting, Koeman will go with Cuco Martina again.

I'm unsure whether DCL will start. He, like Lookman, is still young and prone to making a fee mistakes. Against City we may find chances fee and far between, Koeman will want players who will exploit any and every opportunity that presents itself.

We need players with big game experience. I wouldn't be surprised if Sigurdsson is in from the start.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Everton: "Everton are a top squad and they have bought good players.

"They are one of the best teams in the league - I am sure of that."

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Everton: "Everton are a top squad and they have bought good players.

Love when managers say that, and absolutely hated when Moyes said it. Always makes me think we're gonna win. Writes the prematch pep (wayyy!) talk. Here you go lads they're scared of yers. Go and show them they're right to be.

After our results against them last season I think they were always going to take this fixture very serious, regardless of who we signed.

We need to take the game to them and cause them problems. City's attacking strength is without doubt one of the best in the league but they still leave a lot to be desired at the back.

Kompany is prone to injuries, Otamendi and Stones are unconvincing. Their reliance on wing backs getting forward should give us opportunity to hit them hard on the counter. With the experience of Rooney I think we are capable of getting a result.

The Etihad is notorious for it's poor atmosphere. If we can control possession early on and silence the fans then the mood of the game can change in our favour.

The intelligence of Davies, Rooney, and Klaassen could get us a few goals at the Etihad. Just hope they don't overrun us in the midfield.

The difference between them at the back this season compared to last is huge, and midfield.

Kompany is back, Zabeleta has gone (no idea why he was in midfield last season), two big upgrades at full back and they are playing a system which keeps Aguero and Jesus on the pitch with De Bruyne behind.

Without doubt we will be playing on the counter but we don't have any pace. Safe to say this will be a big test.

We need some steel and aggression in midfield, Davies needs to start he will get amongst them and unsettle their rhythm.

He needs to be in the middle wasted on the right.

Pickford

Holgate Jags Keane Williams Baines

Gana Morgan Davies

Rooney

Sandro*

*Sandro if fit, if he isn't fit we don't have a chance in hell of counter attacking.

That's the team I want. For some reason I can see him starting Martina over Holgate.

Even though 5 at the back didn't work against stoke and almost never does, I think Koeman will want to play it against City.

Not happy playing Klaasen then Aiden. ??

Not really Bill, would rather have Davies in his place so we can battle it out (Gueye and Morgan a must in this fixture).

I'm not writing him off, but I think he will be more useful against weaker teams and ineffective against the likes of City. Has no pace for the counter and we have better options defensively.

Be a mistake to start him, if we can get to half time all square or even better in front then the second half when the game is abit stretched bring him on then.

Koeman has said he will see action. I'd think it'll be from the bench, but you never know.

Would be my guess. Wait until we're three or four up to give him a run-out.

Would be my guess. Wait until we're three or four up to give him a run-out.

That could still be a bit risky, five or six then give him the last thirty minutes.

It'd make more sense and be more positive to start him in my opinion. His set piece delivery can punish them. I'd rather bring him off if he's tired than bring him on when we're potentially 1 or 2 down.

Koeman has said he will see action. I'd think it'll be from the bench, but you never know.

I'd think so to, I've not watched any recent pressers only heard a snippet whilst taking the car for its MOT

Bookies aren't giving us much of a chance, here's to an upset.

Yep. I get the feeling a LOT of bets are going to go down today and anyone backing Everton for an upset might end up with a big smile on their face.

I think a 2-0 for Everton is 50-1

I'll guess Koeman will have this starting lineup --

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Klassen Rooney Mirallas

DCL

Subs -- Davies and Sigurdsson on, no matter the score

I'll guess Koeman will have this starting lineup --

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Klassen Rooney Mirallas

DCL

Subs -- Davies and Sigurdsson on, no matter the score

Is Sandro still not fit? I'd have him ahead of Mirallas.

Is Sandro still not fit? I'd have him ahead of Mirallas.

Not sure about Sandro, but if fit, I'd guess Koeman might start him instead of DCL. Or maybe I mean I'd prefer a fit Sandro to replace DCL rather than Mirallas as starter.

Anyhow, if fit, I'd think Sandro and Sigurdsson would both play some. Surely Koeman will use all 3 subs, given the very quick time turnaround plus travel to Split. If 4 matches in 11 days is tough, then 3 in just under 7 days, with substantial travel, is even tougher.

total eclipse before the match, gonna be cool. don't look or you'll go blind

Are you in the "total" area Mark? I was in about a 95% area when we had one here in 1999, spooky stuff.

It's if you do the two at the same time I heard.

You would have balls the size of space hoppers if yo waited for an eclipse!

It's not a full Bonny Tyler, only a partial eclipse, about 15% in Manchester.

Holgate Keane Williams Jags Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

DCL Rooney Davies

About as defensive as you can get.

And Davies, er nm, reading is hard