IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Monday August 21st

markjazzbassist

I'd expect Holgate to start as City have more about them than Stoke.

Pickford

Holgate Keane Jags Baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Davies Klaassen DCL

Rooney

What I'd like to see

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Baines

Davies Barry Gana

Sandro Rooney Klaassen

For me the performance level of Keane and Schneiderlin was that of players who are too comfortable. Let them know they can and will be dropped for only putting a run of the mill shift in. I want more than 7th.

Away to a top side I would unapologetically play for a draw here. Sit back and hit them on the counter. Some small roatation as well.

Pickford

Holgate keane Williams baines

Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Mirallas lookman

DCL

Go for the pace on the counter with that front line.

It's not a must win?! :o

:P

Why would you drop Rooney? I'd be going;

Pickford

Holgate Jags Keane Baines

Gana Schneiderlin

Davies Rooney Sandro

DCL

edit; forgot about the Europa tie, but I'd still stick with the same line up

Edited by Matt

Matt I lol to myself while typing thinking first time I didn't say must win ??

For me Europa ties are more important than city and Chelsea away.

itll be a tricky balance, but until we qualify for the group stages I agree, EL needs to take priority

Not bad.

I couldn't justify dropping Rooney, I think he is vital for the big games with his experience.

You just know he will put Martina in before Holgate even though Holgate is a much better all round player.

Would like be to see Lookman get a start and cause some damage with his direct running but I am skeptical of Koeman to even give him much game time.

Mirallas offers the square root of bugger all these days.

I suppose the only thing I would change from your line up is go with Rooney again over Mirallas.

Same for me. Rooney looked really good when he dropped a little deeper in the second half. Great vision and passing. I think Mirallas is a super sub at this point.

I don't think u can sit back against city. Think we have to go at them. Its early in the season so they won't be firing on all cylinders. City have £50 mill players on the bench so their quality is there. Holgate to play in a back four. Gana and Morgan with Davey tom and Rooney in front and Sandro up top. Dcl to come on when he is knackered. 1-2 to us fuck it. Sandro and Keane with the winner

4th straight win and clean sheet, we have some positive momentum heading into this. Morgan only played a half (as did davies) and Sandro was rested due to his knock. i"m guessing this is the lineup now:

Pickford
Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Rooney Mirallas

Sandro back in after the knock, and holgate in to stay home and defend against the guardiola attack.

4th straight win and clean sheet, we have some positive momentum heading into this. Morgan only played a half (as did davies) and Sandro was rested due to his knock. i"m guessing this is the lineup now:

Pickford

Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Rooney Mirallas

Sandro back in after the knock, and holgate in to stay home and defend against the guardiola attack.

Was going to suggest jags over Williams but on second thought didn't he give away 12 pennos in the same fixture last season?

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Everton: "Everton are a top squad and they have bought good players.

"They are one of the best teams in the league - I am sure of that."

Love when managers say that, and absolutely hated when Moyes said it. Always makes me think we're gonna win. Writes the prematch pep (wayyy!) talk. Here you go lads they're scared of yers. Go and show them they're right to be.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Everton: "Everton are a top squad and they have bought good players.

"They are one of the best teams in the league - I am sure of that."

After our results against them last season I think they were always going to take this fixture very serious, regardless of who we signed.

The difference between them at the back this season compared to last is huge, and midfield.

Kompany is back, Zabeleta has gone (no idea why he was in midfield last season), two big upgrades at full back and they are playing a system which keeps Aguero and Jesus on the pitch with De Bruyne behind.

Without doubt we will be playing on the counter but we don't have any pace. Safe to say this will be a big test.

Pickford

Holgate Jags Keane Williams Baines

Gana Morgan Davies

Rooney

Sandro*

*Sandro if fit, if he isn't fit we don't have a chance in hell of counter attacking.

That's the team I want. For some reason I can see him starting Martina over Holgate.

Even though 5 at the back didn't work against stoke and almost never does, I think Koeman will want to play it against City.

Not happy playing Klaasen then Aiden. ??

Not really Bill, would rather have Davies in his place so we can battle it out (Gueye and Morgan a must in this fixture).

I'm not writing him off, but I think he will be more useful against weaker teams and ineffective against the likes of City. Has no pace for the counter and we have better options defensively.