IGNORED

Who gets relegated this year?

• 3 months later...

Per my other thread - Clement sacked.

Swansea, West Brom, Newcastle, and Stoke look in definite trouble at the moment. Barring a big turn around, the best any of these sides look like they can hope for is to finish just above the bottom three.

Bournemouth are in a precarious position and concede enough goals to make me think they won't finish too many points off 18th, but play well enough to make me think they can avoid relegation. Brighton have been on a poor run and another poor month will really drag them right into the mix and there is a ton of negative sentiment around Southampton and their manager.

On 8/16/2017 at 19:15, markjazzbassist said:

Swansea

Palace

Brighton

That for me. the gulf between decent sides and relegation fodder grows each year.

right on with swans, palace and brighton looking decent, altough i can see brighton doing a slow decline and slowly drop down the table to relegation.  missing some quality in that team.

On 12/21/2017 at 16:17, markjazzbassist said:

huddersfield will continue to drop points just like brighton, plus they don't have the money to reinforce in january.  i can see them both creep into the relegation battle by campaigns end.

Huddy's high work rate makes me wonder if they can play the way they do still in March-May... That and I don't think they have any squad depth - some injuries set in and fatigue, they could be pulled into this come the end of season. That being said, they continue to pick up plenty of points but also suffer some bad defeats.

Brighton could slide because they don't have enough in the final third. 

I still think these two are much better than Swansea and West Brom - those two teams are DIRE and Stoke is in quite a crisis as well. Things change though and can change quick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not looking good for West Brom and Stoke - I have good friends (and a WBA supporting father-in-law) which support both so don’t want either to go. I must have picked my mates wisely as, however shite we are, we’re generally better than West Brom, Stoke, Wolves, Villa, Forest and Leeds who my closest friends support... there is, as usual, the token Kopite but he’s a typical been there but once, wore Chelsea shirts when they got good, ex-Villa STH, so his opinions don’t count.

• 1 month later...
On 08/04/2018 at 23:47, markjazzbassist said:

I wouldn’t mind in the slightest if West Brom Soton and stoke are the ones that go down.  Although palace and Huddersfield are still in the mix too. 

Players id take off the relegated if they stand

soton - Redmond, Cedric 

stoke - none

west brom - none

Wouldn’t take Bertrand too?

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

And looking in total control, Chelsea looked uninterested and then......bam.

I am not sure if it is correct or not but I kinda remember an interview during this summer with Conte where he says "I wouldn't imagine this tempo keeps you busy all the time and I think I am tired after last year's success." and it caused speculations on him. It is obvious that Chelsea is not passionate like they were last year but it is always tough to play against the teams in the relegation spot. They have nothing to lose. I am always scared for those sides...

Had Stoke been able to hold onto the win against West Ham, it would've made this relegation battle a whole lot more interesting as they would've moved only 3 points behind Swansea (17th). Still, Southampton are playing better stuff as are Stoke and Huddy and Brighton have terrible run-ins while Swansea are starting to really struggle again.

On 16/04/2018 at 16:55, Quinn31 said:

Had Stoke been able to hold onto the win against West Ham, it would've made this relegation battle a whole lot more interesting as they would've moved only 3 points behind Swansea (17th). Still, Southampton are playing better stuff as are Stoke and Huddy and Brighton have terrible run-ins while Swansea are starting to really struggle again.

Huddersfield will escape because they get to play us.