Sign in to follow this  

Schneiderlin spat his dummy when he didn't get the move, refused to play, and then the pair of them kissed and made up. Not sure why Koeman is getting stick for it from Bailey!

Because Bailey is not a fan of Koeman.

Can I just throw this in - Atletico can't register players so how on earth can they loan him to us if they don't hold his registration.

I assume Chelsea will loan him to us as he'll still be registered to them until he goes in Jan

Can I just throw this in - Atletico can't register players so how on earth can they loan him to us if they don't hold his registration.

Atletico would own his contract but couldn't register him to play so could still loan him out to be registered elsewhere. That's my interpretation of it without reading up on official rules so could be wrong.

yes I can actually. it won#t make any difference to them and may actually help them

This

Assuming they hold the cards on were he goes that is... But he could potentially help us take points from rivals so it's, win win really but I'm not sure if that's the case re his situation Carl could well be right

As we desperately need a striker (permanently), bringing in someone for a few months is just kicking the can down the road.

But it gives us a look into how the season will pan out.

If we are in a strong position in January to challenge the top 4 then the likelihood of signing a top striker is increased for us.

I agree that it's not ideal though if he goes in January, I'd prefer to at least get a season out of a loan player

Atletico would own his contract but couldn't register him to play so could still loan him out to be registered elsewhere. That's my interpretation of it without reading up on official rules so could be wrong.

I'm not sure either tbh mate and I'mno expert on it but I'd be surprised if they can sign and look an him out- they can sign but not register players. If a player is not registered with a club I doubt they'd be able to loan him as they don't have his registration.

As we desperately need a striker (permanently), bringing in someone for a few months is just kicking the can down the road.

Yes, but if Koeman doesn't see a target he likes who's both available and wants to come here then kicking the can is better than doing nothing. It seems clear to me that he's looking for attacking help wherever he can find it at this point.

Schneiderlin stayed an extra year when Koeman wouldn't sell and continued to do well. He was then very happy to rejoin him here at EFC.

Schneiderlin spat his dummy when he didn't get the move, refused to play, and then the pair of them kissed and made up. Not sure why Koeman is getting stick for it from Bailey!

Because Bailey is not a fan of Koeman.

Your missing the point lads.

You will both be surprised to know that I did know that they made up and he joined Everton, but that's because Schneiderlin is (almost) a model pro. If you comparing his tantrum to a Costa tantrum then you need to have a rethink.

The point is, Koeman has a history or dropping eggs when they start going bad, which as I have even said on this thread isnt a bad thing. If Costa comes here, I cant see what his motivation will be and therefore there is a good chance his attitude will stink before he even walks through the door. Koeman is going to take kindly to that, and as history suggests, Koeman's way of dealing with situations like that is to drop the player completely until they kiss and make up, which I doubt Costa will do. So going back to my first point, if Koeman is having problems dealing with Mirallas, who isnt an angel, but isnt the biggest dick in the world, then how is he going to deal with Costa. Its a personality clash waiting to happen.

I can see where any of that is unfair to Koeman, I am mainly taking a pop at Costa but you read what you will.

You're missing the point, Bailey. You said Koeman shut Schneiderlin out, suggesting he can't deal with certain types of players. But Schneiderlin shut himself out, he would not play. Soon as he apologised for his actions he was back in the fold. I don't really see where in that you can use it as a negative of Koeman?

You're missing the point, Bailey. You said Koeman shut Schneiderlin out, suggesting he can't deal with certain types of players. But Schneiderlin shut himself out, he would not play. Soon as he apologised for his actions he was back in the fold. I don't really see where in that you can use it as a negative of Koeman?

If anything it shows Koeman being willing to give players a second chance

Maybe I am on that point, might have been getting my wires crossed. I have googled it and there was a training ground bust up and not dropped, albeit it appears Mane and Wanyama were both dropped for other reasons.

But again the point still remains and it still shows the likely personality clash with Costa who is far worse than any of the above.

I think I know where Bailey is coming from but I think because he's been a bit outspoken about Koeman recently that peeps are thinking he's going at him again, so taking the comments purely from that angle.

I think if Koeman feels that Costa will be to much trouble, he'll not have him. I'm sure Koeman will speak to Costa beforehand to weigh up where his mind is etc. He'll weigh up the pros and cons.

I think I know where Bailey is coming from but I think because he's been a bit outspoken about Koeman recently that peeps are thinking he's going at him again, so taking the comments purely from that angle.

I think if Koeman feels that Costa will be to much trouble, he'll not have him. I'm sure Koeman will speak to Costa beforehand to weigh up where his mind is etc. He'll weigh up the pros and cons.

Ah thanks Newts, you so totally understand me ?

On a more serious note though, you're probably right about the last bit too!

I'm not sure either tbh mate and I'mno expert on it but I'd be surprised if they can sign and look an him out- they can sign but not register players. If a player is not registered with a club I doubt they'd be able to loan him as they don't have his registration.

I think they buy his registration, but can't register him to their club. But can loan out his registration. I think.

Maybe I am on that point, might have been getting my wires crossed. I have googled it and there was a training ground bust up and not dropped, albeit it appears Mane and Wanyama were both dropped for other reasons.

With all this going on, it makes it even more remarkable that Koeman led Southampton to their record number of points in a Premier League season.

With all this going on, it makes it even more remarkable that Koeman led Southampton to their record number of points in a Premier League season.

I'm just going to fulfil your prophesy here but I also said it at the time before Koeman was our man. Soton should have finished higher that year. It was the worst PL year in history, almost every established PL side bar Spurs were shite and they ran on at the finish. Great achievement with the amount of points they had but it could have been so much more for them. It makes our season even more galling.

Thats a discussion for another time though, or at least another thread.

I'm just going to fulfil your prophesy here but I also said it at the time before Koeman was our man. Soton should have finished higher that year. It was the worst PL year in history, almost every established PL side bar Spurs were shite and they ran on at the finish. Great achievement with the amount of points they had but it could have been so much more for them. It makes our season even more galling.

Thats a discussion for another time though, or at least another thread.

I remember watching us beat them 3 nil and being shocked how bad their midfield was. Wanyama was a headless chicken and we exploited his lack of positioning. We now have the same problem with Gana.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Please politely fuck off!

Fuck the polite part. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

I’d love him!! 

Hes an absolute arse hole on the pitch!

He’d destroy the dressing room, it’d be Etoo all over again

Just now, Matt said:

He’d destroy the dressing room, it’d be Etoo all over again

Im not sure he would. Does he have a history of that? The only time I’m aware of him causing problems at a club was after Chelsea sent him a text to say he wouldn’t be needed. 

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Im not sure he would. Does he have a history of that? The only time I’m aware of him causing problems at a club was after Chelsea sent him a text to say he wouldn’t be needed. 

He has a history of being a drama queen, self obsessed twat. 

Reading one rumour site whose editor is really clued up seems to think Moroshi is taking third party advice on costa but it may upset brands and Silva. I don’t believe he would do that if brands is on the board he must have given him full control over transfer a after the last regime 

Moshiri hired brands to set up and deliver a coherent transfer and player development system, I don't think he is stupid or arrogant enough to  circumvent it. 

I don't think Brands would tolerate it either.

Personally I don't want him here, I think he is a short term signing who would eat up allot of our wage budget, and I would doubt his ability to fit into the squad we are building.

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Moshiri hired brands to set up and deliver a coherent transfer and player development system, I don't think he is stupid or arrogant enough to  circumvent it. 

I don't think Brands would tolerate it either.

Personally I don't want him here, I think he is a short term signing who would eat up allot of our wage budget, and I would doubt his ability to fit into the squad we are building.

He’s also been underwhelming on the field the last couple years. If we were going to make a high risk move like this we’d want to be very sure we were getting the goals. 

Five goals in two seasons? Or have I read that wrong? I want Leao at Lille or Kean from Juve. Decent money around £30 mill for either. Sell Niasse and Tosun which will leave us with DCL and Charley can cover if need be. Clear out stek, McCarthy, Besic, Mirallas, either of Walcott or Lookman. The dream would be Neres on the wing or Malcolm and Zouma at the back with a full back. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Five goals in two seasons? Or have I read that wrong? I want Leao at Lille or Kean from Juve. Decent money around £30 mill for either. Sell Niasse and Tosun which will leave us with DCL and Charley can cover if need be. Clear out stek, McCarthy, Besic, Mirallas, either of Walcott or Lookman. The dream would be Neres on the wing or Malcolm and Zouma at the back with a full back. 

Yep Kean or Leao for me as well. Some squad that would be.

17 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He’s end up in China.

I agree - he’ll get paid millions and millions there. Thought he was great a couple of years ago but he hasn’t done a lot since going back to Atletico - is the fitness/ hunger still there? All points to China IMO.

28 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I agree - he’ll get paid millions and millions there. Thought he was great a couple of years ago but he hasn’t done a lot since going back to Atletico - is the fitness/ hunger still there? All points to China IMO.

I wonder if he’ll hide in Brazil again and bitch about his current club until he gets a move. 

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sorry to ask, but can you give a rough translation? That’s just a clusterfuck of ads and failing to load text...

either that or it’s just absolute gibberish? It is the echo after all 

No, I think what they are reporting is they want to invest in younger players but if an older player comes up on massive wages then the squad needs to be cut to free up those wages. But I just don’t think that will happen