IGNORED

Diego Costa

For me it has to a season long loan with the agreement in place that he can join Atletico next summer. That way another a year off his contract so will be cheaper to buy for them. Don't want to be left in the lurch in Jan and held to ransom by any selling club.

I agree, a player you don't want to play against, but would love to have in your team.

I may be in the minority here but I don't want Costa regardless of what help he might provide on the pitch. He's one of the worst characters in world football and I'd be embarrassed to see him wearing an Everton shirt. He's stomped, spit on and headbutted opponents. On top of that he's an egregious diver and managed to find himself out of favor at Chelsea despite contributing to a title. There's a difference between being scrappy and difficult to play against and simply being a dirty player. He is very clearly the latter.

I may be in the minority here but I don't want Costa regardless of what help he might provide on the pitch. He's one of the worst characters in world football and I'd be embarrassed to see him wearing an Everton shirt. He's stomped, spit on and headbutted opponents. On top of that he's an egregious diver and managed to find himself out of favor at Chelsea despite contributing to a title. There's a difference between being scrappy and difficult to play against and simply being a dirty player. He is very clearly the latter.

im happy to join you in the minority. Glad I'm not alone :)

The minority may actually be a silent majority. Never in a million years would I want to see Everton stoop so low as to bring in the player who, more than any other, exemplifies the word 'unprofessional'.

Like Lukaku being defended by everyone because he scored goals.

Giroud, Deeney, Vardy, Zahore, Lukas Perez, naah give me Costa over all of those, even if he is a nasty bastard cos we need that in the squad.

agreed bill. i loved him at atletico and would want him here. a winner plain and simple. he will do whatever it takes to win. wouldn't want him on the everton in the community team, but the football team? yes please.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I wont- it's a full season or nothing. He's not kicked a ball for months, he'll be unfit and then we'll be in even bigger trouble in January and be held to ransom even more by any selling club.

If we do this deal we clearly have no chance of getting any other striker in as it's a terrible move for the club.

In olden days , I would say no to an animal like Costa, but the more recent times have shown what an influx of nasty bastards from further afield has done to football. Like him or loathe him, he is what we need right now, gentlemanly football is dead and gone, if the rest of the football world wants nasty bastards to play we can not, should not be left out, and I am not sure he goes around biting opponents like a certain ex koppite has done in the past.