Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Dont know if this has already been posted somewhere but if it hasnt then it may help explain why the money might not be readily available: 

https://theesk.org/2019/07/07/the-more-things-change-the-more-they-stay-the-same/

Walsh fucked it up big time.  We all knew that.  We all knew the squad was too big and we needed to get rid of the dead wood.  There’s still a long window but as I said many times before, I only expected us to sign Gomes and maybe a striker plus some cheap young players for the future or u23.  I expected and still do expect this summer to be more about clearing out of players which could feasibly Solve the issue Esk talks about.  McCarthy Morgan Tosun Mirallas Bolasie Besic Pennington Tarashaj all could be sold and it wouldn’t affect the first team.  Some small money in there but James Morgan and tosun could get some decent quid.  

Such a jerk... On the other hand he is still a top class striker. So, dressing room risk is managable for me. It's a risk which needs to be taken if he is interested to sign for Everton.

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Is he still a world class player though? 5 goals in two seasons? Seems a player on the decline to me 

Combined goals/assists of 9 in 18 starts in 17/18.

Combined goals/assists of 6 in 18 starts in 18/19.

I'm not sure if he hasn't started that many games due to poor form/attitude or fully due to injury as I know he has had time out this season.

The return over the last two seasons isn't the worst in the world. I havent seen much of him since he left Chelsea but he could be worth a risk, although I doubt there is any real interset in him as he doesnt seem to fit into Brands philosophy - but on the same note are we realistically going to find a prolific goal scorer who is younger than 24 who would come to us and for a reasonable fee?

I know it doesnt really make a difference but he actually has 8 goals in the past two seasons, although these have come in 36 starts. Hardly prolific, but it'd be nice to have a player up top who runs relentlessly for the team, has bags of aggression and who is a proven goal scorer (or has been).

18 hours ago, Finn balor said:

The boss’s mate jim white has just said e spoke to morishi and he’s told him it’s nonsense 

The one time I’m grateful for their relationship