IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Sunday August 27th

markjazzbassist

Have we lost every game this season or something?

Our record at Chelsea is abysmal. Last time we won there was in 1994.

But if we set up to try and get something out of the game, then Koeman is in the wrong.

There's an air of negativity around, maybe because we aren't yet playing how people thought we would.

I expect us to be, rightly, solid today. It won't be pretty. It will be a close game. I'd be happy with a point at this moment in time.

I'd like to see Lennon in the side. With so many unavailable today I think we need some experience on the pitch.

I think we will go 3 at the back out of necessity. But I'd prefer to drop Williams and go with Holgate on the right, Keane in the middle and Jags on the left.

Baines and Lennon as wing backs with Gueye holding midfield.

Another bank of 3 with Davies, Rooney and Sigurdsson

Then DCL up front.

We have to at least try and keep possession of the ball, we can't just invite pressure on to ourselves, Chelsea are too good for that. We are good enough to strangle the game for large spells but we have to try and control the game for significant portions of the match, either side of half time and the final ten minutes are where we will be at most risk.

That's a good shout dropping Williams he does lack fitness and has been imo the weakest link.

It is 5 at the back...probsbly by the time I type this, Mike or someone will have it posted up!

I feel a bit better about this line up as we know both Gana and Davies aren't sitters as such. They'll be bombing up and down and all over.

The forward line is a good attacking line up. Glad to see Sandro back.

Not a bad line up really...even with 5 st the back!