IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Sunday August 27th

markjazzbassist

It's psychological. We have a system that we play for most of the season in a 4-3-3.

The players are most comfortable in that set up. Then we change it all to 3 at the back in the big games and set up to defend. It's not what we do all season and it sends a message to the players that they aren't good enough.

Then inevitably we lose.

I agree, mentality we start the game feeling inferior. On this showing though we are!

Anyone questioning why there are doubts over Gana going forward just need to go back to his last 3 passes. He is pressed, doesn't have options immediately available and he panics and forces a pass that isn't there.

As I've said before that's not his game and shouldn't be what he is necessarily in the side to do but that's his limitation.

We are getting lucky again need to change from the 5 it isn't working. I'd even go 442.

players too, they look gassed and zero effort. all around shit. jimmy the kit man only one able to qualify for MOTM

I don't know what they're supposed to do. I don't know that they know what they're supposed to do. He has set them up for failure. What are they going to do? Create their own new shape on the fly in defiance of the manager?

It works for Chelsea because they have David Luiz who is a mediocre defender but brilliant at distribution from the back.

For 3 at the back to work then you need someone like that who can move the ball out from the back, you also need the other 2 defenders to be comfortable in a fullback role. We haven't got that at all so it just looks dreadful.

They also all need to have a turn of pace because you should be expecting to hold a higher line to allow your wing backs to get forward. You are going to have to deal with balls over the top and our players turn like a barge.

The pace thing is important. When we have played it best it has been with Holgate at RCB.

There is no doubt that Chelsea play it best. Kante and Fabregas holding with Pedro and Willian in free roles behind the striker. Both of them and Morata are all capable of getting in behind as well as linking play.

I'm not sure exactly where Willian and Pedro defend, I think it's narrow and just outside the way central midfielders.

If we want to play 5 we need much more pace up front and in defence. It's another reason why our signings make no sense.