IGNORED

Kenneth Zohore

I'm still finding it ridiculous that we've left it this late to get a striker in. We knew Lukaku was leaving a long time ago. If we don't get that striker due to our own ineptitude then you can kiss this season goodbye.

Few things that could be said about this post but why don't we wait until the window closes to see if the sky is falling/not falling debate is necessary.

Few things that could be said about this post but why don't we wait until the window closes to see if the sky is falling/not falling debate is necessary.

That won't change that we knew Lukaku was leaving for a long time and that it's stupid to leave such an important signing so late, and now we look like we're scrambling around for anyone who'll come.

That won't change that we knew Lukaku was leaving for a long time and that it's stupid to leave such an important signing so late, and now we look like we're scrambling around for anyone who'll come.

You're making a lot of assumptions which aren't going to be relevant if we sign a decent option. I will say that it doesn't matter what we "look like" we are doing. Neither of us are privy to what's going on behind the scenes but given our spending this window and the quality we've brought in I think those pulling the strings have earned more faith than you seem to have in them. I think most would agree its been a very positive window given our circumstances. The fact that the new players are going to take some time to gel together and that we aren't immediately going to be a top 4 team doesn't diminish that.

You're making a lot of assumptions which aren't going to be relevant if we sign a decent option. I will say that it doesn't matter what we "look like" we are doing. Neither of us are privy to what's going on behind the scenes but given our spending this window and the quality we've brought in I think those pulling the strings have earned more faith than you seem to have in them. I think most would agree its been a very positive window given our circumstances. The fact that the new players are going to take some time to gel together and that we aren't immediately going to be a top 4 team doesn't diminish that.

Yeah, it's definitely not a problem to be leaving this signing so late. A team that's already struggling to gel and you bring the focal point striker in after the season has started, who then will also take time to bed in and get used to the system. It's not like goals are important or anything, and that it may have been beneficial to get them in earlier.

Edited by Romey 1878

Yeah, it's definitely not a problem to be leaving this signing so late. A team that's already struggling to gel and you bring the focal point striker in after the season has started, who then will also take time to bed in and get used to the system. It's not like goals are important or anything, and that it may have been beneficial to get them in earlier.

Your premise seems to be that we had the option to get a real quality striker in and that we are just dragging our feet. Perhaps that is true for other clubs and maybe it was true for us in the past but I think that's an unfair assumption given the level of activity we've seen under Walsh & Co. As we go for a higher quality of player it's going to be harder for us. We are going to be competing against richer clubs, many of whom can offer CL football. It will require patience from those making the decisions and from our supporters (as unrealistic as that may be). Nobody gets to where we want to get to overnight anymore. I'd rather us not sign a striker this window and wait to find an option that will really improve us than make a panic buy and sign some mediocre option to a long contract which will stifle the growth of guys like DCL and Sandro while not moving us forward. In the grand scheme of things it's far more important to get the right players in then to do it quickly. Whoever we bring in may be here for many years. missing 5 or 10 games is a small matter when weighted against that.

Lukaku was a complete surprise and brought in just before the deadline. The key is knowing who we want, sticking with that, and not making panic decisions. Yes, it adds risk - but that's negotiation for you.

I think that was just the loan signing wasn't it? They are a bit easier to get through the door. I will have my fingers crossed though!