IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Just curious for thoughts on how people think he is in comparison to lookman.

perosnally I think he's well above lookman and could be an absolute class player in the future.

he's well above lookman.  lookman hasn't looked great this year, dribbling over himself, losing the ball constantly, can't pass through 2 men.  vlasic has looked good.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Just curious for thoughts on how people think he is in comparison to lookman.

perosnally I think he's well above lookman and could be an absolute class player in the future.

There's not even a comparison to be made. Vlasic looks ready for this level and Lookman does not. He really should've been loaned out this summer. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's not even a comparison to be made. Vlasic looks ready for this level and Lookman does not. He really should've been loaned out this summer. 

51 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's well above lookman.  lookman hasn't looked great this year, dribbling over himself, losing the ball constantly, can't pass through 2 men.  vlasic has looked good.

completely agree, but I'd still rather he started so we had 2 tricky wide men who can improve. The seasons almost written off already anyway, so why not?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

completely agree, but I'd still rather he started so we had 2 tricky wide men who can improve. The seasons almost written off already anyway, so why not?

Are we forgetting that Mirallas is still a part of the squad. He must be a pain in the ass to deal with as a manager and he blows hot and cold, but he's got pace on the wing for sure.

In addition, Bolasie should be back within 2 months... Another pacey wide man.

I love Lennon, but don't think he offers much anymore beyond workrate.

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Are we forgetting that Mirallas is still a part of the squad. He must be a pain in the ass to deal with as a manager and he blows hot and cold, but he's got pace on the wing for sure.

In addition, Bolasie should be back within 2 months... Another pacey wide man.

I love Lennon, but don't think he offers much anymore beyond workrate.

Kev is getting on, I'd rather invest the time in younger talent now. I've always sat on the fence with him, because he's always blown hot and cold, much like Bolasie. I really like Lennon but both he and Kev are impact subs at best. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Kev is getting on, I'd rather invest the time in younger talent now. I've always sat on the fence with him, because he's always blown hot and cold, much like Bolasie. I really like Lennon but both he and Kev are impact subs at best. 

I'm just saying that it would be better to play with Mirallas on the wing than the current set up of playing with 3 different no 10's

Just now, Quinn31 said:

I'm just saying that it would be better to play with Mirallas on the wing than the current set up of playing with 3 different no 10's

That for sure. Just saying I'd rather invest the time in a developing talent than a proven gamble 

I really like the lad he has the fundamentals to become a potentially top player 

On Lookman in comparison you can see similar in him tbh but I would say Vlasic has that Hazard esq low center of gravity quick feet and turn about him Lookman is more of a Sterling type quick and more direct with some skill in his locker 

I think both need to be played on either side 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

That for sure. Just saying I'd rather invest the time in a developing talent than a proven gamble 

Agreed though perspective is required. Not every young talent is good enough to even warrant a shot in the first team. 

Lookman and Vlasic have clearly shown ability in flashes but that doesn't mean that we need to throw Conor Grant out there

6 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Front three ideally but he's got the best credentials for the role atm at least until Bolasie is back 

My thoughts exactly. We always have Mirallas on the bench if he looks lost out wide, or too scared to dribble, but may as well play the lad while Bolasie is out.

Personslly, I like both players and would like to see both given a chance to develop and prove themselves. Both add trickery, pace, and a level of unexpectedness. Both are young and appear full of confidence, willing to take people on and unafraid of making a mistake. They need the freedom to fail, as they say, so they can take more risks.