Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Nikola Vlasic

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

if we have signings lined up and know he won't get much time here then i like that move.  but as it is, he is needed and i'd prefer to keep him and get him time here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lad has bags of potential it's just a tightrope act of if we can accommodate him whilst he goes through the gears  

Personally I'd like to see him played through the middle I think he has the ability to become the attacking spark we need but that's just me

Only 20 with tonnes of ability I'd keep hold of him tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

starting to wonder if he's a trouble maker.  there was that rumor about a disciplinary issue last year, now rumor is he's been asked to train outside the first team and told to find a new club.  

 

the others asked to do the same are trouble makers (williams, mirallas) too.  hmmm.

 

smoke without fire?  made up smoke?  

 

strange because he seemed a nice player under koeman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

starting to wonder if he's a trouble maker.  there was that rumor about a disciplinary issue last year, now rumor is he's been asked to train outside the first team and told to find a new club.  

 

the others asked to do the same are trouble makers (williams, mirallas) too.  hmmm.

 

smoke without fire?  made up smoke?  

 

strange because he seemed a nice player under koeman.

But Martina has been asked too, and he seems a good pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

“I talked at the beginning of the (pre-season) training with Everton coach Marco Silva, who openly told me he could not promise me a place among the first eleven."

That's a reason to leave? I've said it before but no player at any club should expect to be picked whatever their form, especially in these days of big squads. "Do the business or you're dropped..." should apply from Messi down; if he hasn't got the belief in himself to earn a place on merit we're well rid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

“I talked at the beginning of the (pre-season) training with Everton coach Marco Silva, who openly told me he could not promise me a place among the first eleven."

That's a reason to leave? I've said it before but no player at any club should expect to be picked whatever their form, especially in these days of big squads. "Do the business or you're dropped..." should apply from Messi down; if he hasn't got the belief in himself to earn a place on merit we're well rid.

I was thinking similar but at the same time I have also said that too many players are happy sitting on the bench picking up a pay packet.

Realistically he has Gylfi and Bernard ahead of him and Dowell at a similar level. That could mean that he wouldnt even reach the match day squad let alone come off the bench. 

He lost a lot of game time last year and he is still young so its good that he wants to get more games under his belt. With those comments though the jury is out as to whether we will see him play for us again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I was thinking similar but at the same time I have also said that too many players are happy sitting on the bench picking up a pay packet.

Realistically he has Gylfi and Bernard ahead of him and Dowell at a similar level. That could mean that he wouldnt even reach the match day squad let alone come off the bench. 

He lost a lot of game time last year and he is still young so its good that he wants to get more games under his belt. With those comments though the jury is out as to whether we will see him play for us again.

This for me. When it became clear Richarlison was coming in and the Bernard deal started moving, who isn’t the same type of player but would be an additional player to get ahead, and he wants and needs to play football, Lookman being told he’s in the present and future plans for the club, I don’t blame him at all. He could’ve just stayed and wasted away, instead he pushed to get first team football and prove himself. shows a very mature young professional in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Matt said:

This for me. When it became clear Richarlison was coming in and the Bernard deal started moving, who isn’t the same type of player but would be an additional player to get ahead, and he wants and needs to play football, Lookman being told he’s in the present and future plans for the club, I don’t blame him at all. He could’ve just stayed and wasted away, instead he pushed to get first team football and prove himself. shows a very mature young professional in my opinion

I don't agree. If you're third or fourth in the pecking order at the start of the season you get your head down in training/U23/league cup games and show the manager that you're worth a go, leaving because you have no guarantee of a starting place shows you don't think you're good enough to convince the boss he's wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt that was the conversation though, it probably went on a little more and the... I can’t guarantee you a first team slot, was your probably better leavignon Lon to getfirst team football.

Dont forget there is a language barrier here to deal with as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I doubt that was the conversation though, it probably went on a little more and the... I can’t guarantee you a first team slot, was your probably better leavignon Lon to getfirst team football.

Dont forget there is a language barrier here to deal with as well.

There certainly is:lol:.

Sorry🙉🙊🙈.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I doubt that was the conversation though, it probably went on a little more and the... I can’t guarantee you a first team slot, was your probably better leavignon Lon to getfirst team football.

Dont forget there is a language barrier here to deal with as well.

I'm even finding it hard to deal with😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't agree. If you're third or fourth in the pecking order at the start of the season you get your head down in training/U23/league cup games and show the manager that you're worth a go, leaving because you have no guarantee of a starting place shows you don't think you're good enough to convince the boss he's wrong.

I agree with the theory, but getting out and playing league and European football gets you a lot more opportunity to show than playing in the reserves in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored again to equalise in the Moscow derby a few days ago. Right foot, bent around a player bottom right corner from just outside the box. 

 

Did hear somethinf that said to Silva he was our best midfielder before leaving...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Btay said:

Scored again to equalise in the Moscow derby a few days ago. Right foot, bent around a player bottom right corner from just outside the box. 

 

Did hear somethinf that said to Silva he was our best midfielder before leaving...

People will point to things like this meaning we should never loaned him out, but I see it as meaning the loan is very positive and we did the right thing. He simply wouldn't be getting the game time here to be ironing out his game like he is doing in Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

People will point to things like this meaning we should never loaned him out, but I see it as meaning the loan is very positive and we did the right thing. He simply wouldn't be getting the game time here to be ironing out his game like he is doing in Russia.

I’m all for his loan personally. Just, in my opinion I think he could become a very very good player, definitely worth keeping an eye on while away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC taking the piss?

20:36

Post update

CSKA Moscow 1-0 Real Madrid

Everton legend Nikola Vlasic barges over Lucas Vazquez, free-kick to Real. Toni Kroos plays into the box but Nacho's shot is blocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s irony! Also reading that he said Chelsea first but then went on to say they aren’t in it. Weird. Typical tabloids twisted the part about praise for Klopp and it was mentioned that Liverpool and City’s style of play was what he admired. 

If I could enjoy the Champions League final as much as I did last season I wouldn’t mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly the moment he was loaned abroad i thought it was Brands putting him in the shop window for lesser european leagues to have a look at.  i don't think he will play for us ever again, i think he will be sold in the summer for a profit.  nothing to do with the liverpool comment, just a feeling i have about his loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...